IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

26 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Bit of a compliment to sat we played Man City off the park. 

Couldn't watch the game as abroad but seems Taylor played well again? Tough decision if to drop him for Fammy. 

Are you going to drop a £10m player in favour of a £5m player?  :)

12 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Bit harsh to suggest for some that it was just a tap in. Yes, he should score, but he has to get there, and I have seen them missed.

I thought it was a decent finish. Sent the keeper the wrong way as well didn't he?

As an aside, I thought Blackburn were reasonable until we got our second. They collapsed a bit after that. No.8 (Rothwell?) looked a positive player to me, wanting to drive them forward.

LJ got it spot on today and I’m sure that at least some of us fans can see what he’s been trying to do since summer window, 

All three new signings Webster, Watkins and Hunt looked very well integrated into the team and all had decent games with Watkins deserving his goal. Smart and clever recruiting that.

Good win and now a two week break before the Blades show up..

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

LJ got it spot on today and I’m sure that at least some of us fans can see what he’s been trying to do since summer window, 

All three new signings Webster, Watkins and Hunt looked very well integrated into the team and all had decent games with Watkins deserving his goal. Smart and clever recruiting that.

Watkins was poor goal aside. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Superb team performance and even more so to come from behind. Credit all round. 

Fair play to LJ, resisted the urge to come over to the corner to take the credit (which he must have wanted to do) and instead walked back off and let the players take the credit. 

Didn’t want to risk a second yellow for over celebrating...

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

Unbelievable result. 

We were IMO at best average and poor at times, nevertheless we won convincingly. Three consecutive victories (two of which were away) is very welcome.

What was encouraging was that we were clinical, at least in the second half, scoring three with our only three real chances. I am of course delighted that we won and scored four, even though the overall performance was so dislocated.

Reckon we will play much better this season and lose.

I think your summary is some what wide of the mark.

We started excellently and could have gone 2 or 3 up. They then scored an absolute freak goal that in truth should t have stood. I admit we then didn't play too well most likely due to the shock of conceding such a freak goal plus having loads of dodgy decisions go against us.

We finally got back into the game and never looked back. We could have scored 6/7/8/9.

Didn't we just look like scoring every time we came forward in that second half? It was a joy to watch but I do think the scoreline flattered us a bit. It took us 50 minutes to get going and Blackburn did strangely decide to stop playing after half time. I thought they looked really good in the first half but awful after the break.

Let's have the same level of urgency and confidence from the off in future and we could have a decent season! U REDS.

27 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

1058 away fans? That’s a commendable effort for a Sunday early kickoff. Particularly given how poor their home support is. Thought they’d bring one man and his dog to be honest.

Still got the resemblance of a national fan base dating back to 95. I know two chaps born and bred in Yate and Warmley who were in the away end today.

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

Unbelievable result. 

We were IMO at best average and poor at times, nevertheless we won convincingly. Three consecutive victories (two of which were away) is very welcome.

What was encouraging was that we were clinical, at least in the second half, scoring three with our only three real chances. I am of course delighted that we won and scored four, even though the overall performance was so dislocated.

Reckon we will play much better this season and lose.

Must have watched a different match to you. That is surely as dominant a 2nd half as you will see? Chance after chance and some lovely one touch football. 

First half we also played well until they scored. Rarely does any team get a 90 minute performance in this league for it to be good for about 65 mins ain’t bad. 

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I thought Watkins was poor. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I thought at the break that Blackburn would struggle to be that quick at closing us down for 90 minutes. We completely dominated second half, so I wouldn't say it flattered us when we could have made is 5 or 6.

Oh, you are totally right regarding chances. Could have scored more. I guess I'm saying that you don't usually expect to win 4-1 after only performing for 40 minutes. But hey, who's complaining? We were clinical, professional and showed some good quality, let's just not wait until after the break next time!

8 minutes ago, GJS said:

That’s a harsh assessment. 

In the first half on the Dolman side I watched him as closely as I could and he had plenty of ball. Little flicks and touches that would mostly have gone unnoticed. I thought he did well.

If you want poor then that was Pack who had the worst game I remember him having..........

Really good to show the fight to comeback from going behind.  Some great team goals and great for Fammy to score on his comeback.  Very happy with that performance overall. Spoke to some Blackburn fans after who were very impressed with us. Well done City. 

Jesus-h-christ, this Johnson lad is a f******g genius!!

:worship2:

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

In the first half on the Dolman side I watched him as closely as I could and he had plenty of ball. Little flicks and touches that would mostly have gone unnoticed. I thought he did well.

If you want poor then that was Pack who had the worst game I remember him having..........

Get off Packs back.

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

1058 away fans? That’s a commendable effort for a Sunday early kickoff. Particularly given how poor their home support is. Thought they’d bring one man and his dog to be honest.

Their away support is usually decent, and in comparison (not numbers) outweighs their home support.

1 hour ago, GJS said:

In what way.  What do you expect from him in his position, and what do you think he didn’t achieve today?  Interested.

1 hour ago, GJS said:

Passenger for much of the first half, no intensity or bite and not much end product.

49 minutes ago, Robbored said:

All about opinions but I though he was poor. For much of the first half he watched the game go by. When he 'challenges' for a header it's not really a challenge and he barely affected the game. The whole team started misplacing passes and causing our own problems. I'd play COD , but I guess LJ went for balance right foot left foot. Eliasson looks a different player from last year, great delivery, but on the right Hunt was more effective.

Good win today.

I thought we started brightly and created some decent opportunities early on. There was a spell after they scored their goal (seemed like Maenpaaa was at fault from where I was sitting) when we lost our way a bit and gave away the ball away too easily, but overall we were the much better side and were completely dominant in the second half.

Taylor and Weimann linked up well.  Taylor’s first touch is poor at times but he is a clever player and a real pest for defenders. Good assist for Watkins’ goal.

Pack improved massively in the second half - credit to him for not hiding after a dodgy first half.

Watkins took his goal well. He looked very average apart from that but hopefully the goal will give him confidence. 

Defensively we were solid - they only really threatened when we gave the ball away.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Wel all watched him closely I’m sure. He has added so little so far. Maybe after scoring it will help but struggling to understand what kind of poster he is. Remind me of Martyn Woolford and he was poor.

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Passenger for much of the first half, no intensity or bite and not much end product.

All about opinions but I though he was poor. For much of the first half he watched the game go by. When he 'challenges' for a header it's not really a challenge and he barely affected the game. The whole team started misplacing passes and causing our own problems. I'd play COD , but I guess LJ went for balance right foot left foot. Eliasson looks a different player from last year, great delivery, but on the right Hunt was more effective.

Of course it’s about opinions and I agree that CoD would/could have started but Watkins did well enough for me. We have to remember that he and other new signings are still ‘bedding  in’ to LJs style and ot course settling in in the area but I saw enough to convince me that he’ll get better and better as the games go by.

It wasn’t down to Watkins that City started to misplace passes....that was largely down to Pack who had a ‘mare today. The bloody referee didn’t help by getting in the way.................:disapointed2se:

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course it’s about opinions and I agree that CoD would/could have started but Watkins did well enough for me. We have to remember that he and other new signings are still ‘bedding  in’ to LJs style and ot course settling in in the area but I saw enough to convince me that he’ll get better and better as the games go by.

It wasn’t down to Watkins that City started to misplace passes....that was largely down to Pack who had a ‘mare today. The bloody referee didn’t help by getting in the way.................:disapointed2se:

+ Watkins appalling first touch of course.

Archived