IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

1 minute ago, Super said:

Pretty shambolic for most of that half. Defensively we look hopeless.

Disagree. Think on the large part our actual defenders look good. It's the midfield leaving them exposed constantly. Also Weimann and Taylor occasionally look like they're trying to play the same role. Watkins has been disappointing and Pack really off the pace.

Where to start, yes the referee is shocking in fact as bad as i’ve ever seen and their goal should never have been allowed and the free kick for our equaliser was another shocking decision.

But FFS after the first 15 minutes we have been embarrassingly poor.

Watkins his first touch is appalling, i’m sorry I don’t get him at all. Worst player on the field.

Pack is having a mare, summed up by his lazy cross hitting the first defender when in a great position.

Kelly started great but totally lost his way for 20 minutes, improved in the last 10 minutes.

Eliasson good defensively but crossing has been poor.

We looked as though we would pay dearly for faffing around with 2 reasonable chances.

We are back in the game, get Watkins off and drop Taylor back into midfield and bring on Diedhiou.

1-1 HT. Strange half. We were well on top and creating chances until the fluke goal. Terrible play by Pack, who unusually is having a very poor game, leading to the corner and Maenpaa should never be beaten like that. Then all Blackburn and seemed just a question of time until 0-2. Ref, who has hardly given us anything, gives a soft FK in the D and Brownhill smashes in.

See no reason why we can't win this, but Pack having mare, Watkins looking poor (again). First instinct was to sub Pack, but maybe better getting Watkins off for COD. One of them has to make way.

Archived