IGNORED

Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Where to start, yes the referee is shocking in fact as bad as i’ve ever seen and their goal should never have been allowed and the free kick for our equaliser was another shocking decision.

But FFS after the first 15 minutes we have been embarrassingly poor.

Watkins his first touch is appalling, i’m sorry I don’t get him at all. Worst player on the field.

Pack is having a mare, summed up by his lazy cross hitting the first defender when in a great position.

Kelly started great but totally lost his way for 20 minutes, improved in the last 10 minutes.

Eliasson good defensively but crossing has been poor.

We looked as though we would pay dearly for faffing around with 2 reasonable chances.

We are back in the game, get Watkins off and drop Taylor back into midfield and bring on Diedhiou.

Huh? His crossing's been as dangerous as ever imo. One very good one from a corner that could have led to a goal, and one right at the end of the half that went right in the right area from what I recall. The rest is spot on.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

A mixture of very promising and worryingly shite.

Here’s my slightly longer version of the same comment, although I haven’t seen too much that’s ‘very promising’.

My main feeling at half time is relief. We have been sloppy with far too many mistakes and lots of wayward decision-making. 

There will be lots of comments about the ref I’m sure but we need to be much better in the second half if we are going to get anything out of this. Blackburn are very much up for it and look decent enough without us giving the ball to them +++ and making poor choices when going forward. 

Hopefully we will put that 45 minutes behind us and play well in the second half.

6 minutes ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Watkins often has such a heavy touch, really not good enough for a championship player.

5 minutes ago, intercity said:

Looks to have a poor first touch today

Not just today has been poor in every match he has played so far, bar the opening 15 mins against Plymouth. Crazy to start him ahead of COD who played his best game of the season against Swansea.

First match of the season for me - Watkins isn’t up to it is he? Packs having a mare. The Ref is doing everything he can to give Blackburn an advantage. But Wiemann is ace - very clever player, and I like the look of our left side - Kelly and Eliasson playing really well. Relieved it’s all square at half time, mind. 

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Huh? His crossing's been as dangerous as ever imo. One very good one from a corner that could have led to a goal, and one right at the end of the half that went right in the right area from what I recall. The rest is spot on.

Huh? 

Remind of a cross that wasn't either over hit or under hit?

He has not picked out one of our players once.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

1-1 HT. Strange half. We were well on top and creating chances until the fluke goal. Terrible play by Pack, who unusually is having a very poor game, leading to the corner and Maenpaa should never be beaten like that. Then all Blackburn and seemed just a question of time until 0-2. Ref, who has hardly given us anything, gives a soft FK in the D and Brownhill smashes in.

See no reason why we can't win this, but Pack having mare, Watkins looking poor (again). First instinct was to sub Pack, but maybe better getting Watkins off for COD. One of them has to make way.

I'm not sure, but from watching the stream when it was working. Pack didn't look fit, perhaps he had a knock in training, but he seemed so slow. It may have been the stream, which made him look slow as it kept freezing.  Just a thought, as he's not up to his usual standard.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Huh? 

Remind of a cross that wasn't either over hit or under hit?

He has not picked out one of our players once.

The ones I said. He picked out one of our central defenders from a corner, who misdirected his header. The one at the end of the half, where he crossed from the right wing, was perfectly weighted, but the area was crowded, so our players didn't get a head to it. 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I have been a lone voice not rating Maenpaa and that was an awful error.

Fielding will be number one.

Watkins, Pack and Brownhill been awful. Taylor playing well. 

Referee clearly loves attention

I hope Frankie will be number one again.

Maenpaa seems to have at least a mistake a game in him, but by and large has managed to get away with them this far. I really don’t agree with this keeper playing it out from the back business - NM seems to take too much time and too many unnecessary touches - it makes me very nervous.  He was lucky to get away with one that half where he was charged Down.

I’ll be glad to see FF back. The ball sailing into the stands is my comfort blanket. 

Archived