IGNORED

Kalas

EmersonsRed

Just now, Brann-red said:

His goal line clearance was superb I thought . Don’t know if most people saw it in the south stand as we were still in shock from being 4-1 ahead ! 

He’a certainly settled in easily 

Yes, saw it, very good.  I thought he didn’t have a very good game today, certainly not as good as last week.  Thought Armstrong and Graham’s movement caused him probs and his wa a bit sloppy on the ball.  Blatant trip by Armstrong for the one-on-one that Mäenpää crucially saved.  Thought Webster the better of the pair today.  Wonder if the knock to the head affected him.

Just now, Dingbat said:

Both CBs were solid today. Kalas just shaded it for that goal line clearance. Didn’t hear as I was walking out, but who got MoM?

Taylor named....Fair enough.  Thought Webster put his body on the line three times today with blocked shots.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, saw it, very good.  I thought he didn’t have a very good game today, certainly not as good as last week.  Thought Armstrong and Graham’s movement caused him probs and his wa a bit sloppy on the ball.  Blatant trip by Armstrong for the one-on-one that Mäenpää crucially saved.  Thought Webster the better of the pair today.  Wonder if the knock to the head affected him.

Taylor named....Fair enough.  Thought Webster put his body on the line three times today with blocked shots.

That foul on Kalas by graham looked awful he went down like a sack of spuds - anyone see a view of it and whether it was  blatant ?

Don’t judge players after a few matches. Baker was the best thing since sliced bread when he signed,    but his performance has slipped a bit. As for Adam Mathews and Tony Dinning etc. Say no more Brian 

40 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

That foul on Kalas by graham looked awful he went down like a sack of spuds - anyone see a view of it and whether it was  blatant ?

No, was ball watching.  Couple of City players were incensed.

Taylor was also clobbered by an arm by Lenihan in first half.  We broke away and I think most people forgot about it but it looked awful.

Apparently he's barely match fit. This from LJ's post match

Q from journo "Tomas Kalas looks like just what you needed?"

LJ: "Yeah, exactly and he’s nowhere near match fit yet to be honest, he’s hanging in as far as his lungs are concerned. He’s a real warrior. He’s an aggressive guy who wants to keep the ball out the net but he’s still cramping up a little bit when it gets to the last ten minutes of games. It’s great when you know your mate’s is in the mix and will get a cut eye for the team or whatever’s required at that particular time. I think as he settles, the communication will get better between him and whichever centre-half pairing."

47 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Seemed more of a coming together as opposed to a blatant elbow swing. Not a lot in it I thought. 

As for Kalas, a proper defender first and foremost. Means we’ve upgraded Flint, Bryan and Reid and pocketed £20m. Great work 

Archived