IGNORED

Matty Taylor

Red Army 75

Thought he played really well again today. Not the most skilful of players, but 100% effort all the time, and never gives defenders much time. 

He quite a clever player, makes good runs and sees a good pass.

I'm glad that he is in and around the first time.

Thanks Gas. £300,000, worth every penny.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Best game I’ve seen him in a city shirt . Fantastic display. Deserved a goal. Very clever footballer and underrated. 

Apart from his work-rate I thought his first touch was poor all game. So many passes not under control. Tbf he wasn't the only one though 

Almost like he was wearing rubber bands instead of football boots today.

His touch is so frustrating. He’d be a brilliant player if he could just sort it out.

Loved his best bit of skill today when he slipped on the ball and inadvertently it turned into a Cruyff turn. 

In all seriousness though, good game today. Could just do with learning how to control a football. 

31 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

He isn't a goal scorer in the championship like he was for the gas in league 1 but what he is, is a massive pain in the ass for defenders, he is quick,always there and frees up other players on the pitch. A snip at 300k.

The snakes exactly that a right pain and frees up tons of space for everyone else, don’t remember what game but when we were fighting to stay up he set up Patterson and another I forget and our season seemed to turn, I can’t fail to like the ? 

Matty Taylor's first touch is a problem.

A player who has an outstanding first touch is Peter Crouch.

I was reading his autobiography, and when Crouch was 10, he and his Dad would get out of bed at 6 in the morning, and go to the park in the freezing cold English darkness. His dad would just ping footballs at Crouch for hours and hours, and Crouch would try to control them.

Couldn't we do the same with Taylor in training? Stand him in the centre circle and ping footballs at him incessantly. For such a naturally talented athlete, I find it difficult to believe that Taylor's first touch is at its absolute best and could not improve at all................

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’ve not been a big fan of Taylor but have to say he was very good today. Fair play to the lad. 

I would say though, that whilst Taylor was good, Eliasson was the game changer and difference maker. My MOM. 

Me too.  Thought he had a very good game against a tough RB.  That left peg is now looking good on either side of the pitch.

Only seen the highlights and a superb lay-off for Watkins goal but it amazes me that a player like Taylor who has an eye for a killer pass and is so clever at creating space for others has got such a bloody awful first touch.If he sorts that out he could become an integral part of the team.

Archived