IGNORED

Marley Watkins

Port Said Red

OK. Not a complete performance by any means, but some signs of why LJ wanted him here today. 

1st half his best contributions were defensively, he covered for Hunt well at times, but he looked lacking in confidence going forward.

The goal was a really good finish, for a player in his situation it wouldn't have been a surprise if he had snatched at it, but he took his time and picked his spot. After that and until he wa subbed he looked so much better, and started taking people on. 

Let's hope this is the start of something for him.

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Well it wouldn't be OTIB if there wasn't one player to slag off even when we've won well.

Well played, Marley congrats on the goal too

A forum is a place where things are discussed. Saying you think a player is poor is a perfectly acceptable discussion point. 

20 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

A forum is a place where things are discussed. Saying you think a player is poor is a perfectly acceptable discussion point. 

No problem. My problem is with people who make up their minds they're not going like someone in advance, and this is what is happening with this guy.

Listen, I don't think he has been amazing..  but he scored and I congratulated him.

Feel free to do the same for LJ for the impressive win.

I thought he was poor first half but improved in the second. The goal will no doubt do him a world of good, as others have said he could easily have snatched at it.

If he had missed it his confidence would have been destroyed and that would do no-one any good. I think there is a player in there but he seems to be trying a bit too hard at times and it`s not coming off.

Marmite player it would seem but lots are judging without really allowing enough time to taste !!

Obviously doing it in training, LJ seems to want to start him so I’m going to give him a fair crack before judging.

Very composed finish to a great move.

1 minute ago, Neo said:

Marmite player it would seem but lots are judging without really allowing enough time to taste !!

Obviously doing it in training, LJ seems to want to start him so I’m going to give him a fair crack before judging.

Very composed finish to a great move.

Disagree with the highlighted portion, people are merely posting on performance and today he scored which is good, but overall his performance was poor along with his other performances, that is my assessment. 

A incredibly poor first touch and once more I have to say that he doesn't look fully match fit/up to speed for championship level (as opposed to injured).

I certainly expect and hope there is far more to his game than we have seen thus far.

Yes as poor as his touch was at times and he isn’t the best on the ball, you can’t question his commitment.

He was brought in to let Brownhill stay central. I’ve posted in the ratings thread he is probably a bit unlucky Eliasson has come into his own. 

His workrate is refreshing and despite how I feel about his dribbling and touch I think he is a good finisher. Today showed that and can see it when he is having shooting practice. 

He will be frustrating at times but he is a necessary buy for us imo. Vital Brownhill stays central and Watkins allows for an injury or two even before we need to look at moving Brownhill again. If you focus on his weaknesses he will be poor. Wasn’t thrilled with him today but don’t think it was a coincidence Hunt had his best game with watkins in front of him

Archived