IGNORED

Burger van

Redmycolour

5 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all

Supporter Services are a really great team that have a large number of staff on hand to answer these types of questions. They sit within the Bristol Sport offices and are available to answer any question, and they can probably do that a little bit quicker than I can as I'm not always in the stadium. Anyway I have just heard back and yes BCFC SC holders can get discounts at Bristol Bears games on all concessions and they also apply in the sports bar on non match days too.

@Bristol Rob

The photo of the Wedlock Wall was put up on Facebook on September 4th. here is the link 

Thanks for your patience. 

Matt 

I don't use Facebook!

How did the conversation with the team that work with First Bus end?

14 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all

Supporter Services are a really great team that have a large number of staff on hand to answer these types of questions. They sit within the Bristol Sport offices and are available to answer any question, and they can probably do that a little bit quicker than I can as I'm not always in the stadium. Anyway I have just heard back and yes BCFC SC holders can get discounts at Bristol Bears games on all concessions and they also apply in the sports bar on non match days too.

@Bristol Rob

The photo of the Wedlock Wall was put up on Facebook on September 4th. here is the link 

Thanks for your patience. 

Matt 

I think whilst it may be easier for someone to contact supporters services for individual cases when it's something like this that affects 20k people then it's probably best if someone in a official capacity like you find out the information and then relay it back to everyone. If there is any issues about this at least now someone is able to pull this post up and say this is what we were told. 

25 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Anyway I have just heard back and yes BCFC SC holders can get discounts at Bristol Bears games on all concessions and they also apply in the sports bar on non match days too.

@Bristol Rob

No idea why someone decided to put that on Facebook , someone in the clubs media team need to give their heads a wobble.

What is the point in running a story on the clubs site and then putting the second part on another media platform that many don't use or have access to

Was raised on 23rd August and the person had no reply

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m so glad I never got involved in the  ‘buy a brick’...............:facepalm:

Yup, I dodged that bullet too. Looks too much like a remberance memorial wall to me, so I’m glad I’m not on it! :bounce:

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Looks too much like a remberance memorial wall to me

In a way it probably is....i expect a lot of the bricks have been purchased in memorium of relatives who followed city for many years and have passed away....i know mine was....in memory of my mother & father who were married on xmas eve 1949 after which the women went home to make sandwiches and all the men went to the gate to watch the city...a perfect reception if you ask me... he passed on the legacy to me by taking me to my first game in early 70's a legacy i have passed to my son by taking him to his first game when he was 3 and now he goes every game home or away...i cant wait to take any future grandchildren ..just imagine what it might look like by the time they become regulars....

16 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

In a way it probably is....i expect a lot of the bricks have been purchased in memorium of relatives who followed city for many years and have passed away....i know mine was....in memory of my mother & father who were married on xmas eve 1949 after which the women went home to make sandwiches and all the men went to the gate to watch the city...a perfect reception if you ask me... he passed on the legacy to me by taking me to my first game in early 70's a legacy i have passed to my son by taking him to his first game when he was 3 and now he goes every game home or away...i cant wait to take any future grandchildren ..just imagine what it might look like by the time they become regulars....

Maybe it’s identity isn’t very clear, if I saw this at another ground I would (wrongly) assume that the plaque is in memory of people who were no longer with us. On closer inspection there is a right mix of stuff, happy 60th birthday for example, which is fine ( btw is 60 now a landmark birthday ?). I’m not sure if it’s a memorial wall, certainly looks sombre enough, or a wall for people to look at their names and recognise themselves as City fans for eternity which is also nice if you like that sort of thing.

You say you wonder what it would look like in the future, I guess as more names are added and it lengthens? Are there plans for it to be sited better in the new development does anyone know? Is there plans to expand it? 

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

You say you wonder what it would look like in the future, I guess as more names are added and it lengthens? 

I meant imagine what the AG complex will look like but you raise a good point....is the wall finished or will it be added to in future years?.....maybe the club can allow a limuted number of new bricks every year and so it grows?

Oh....and 60 is the new 40 dont you know...except under a no deal Brexit when it becomes the new 52.6 if linked to the Uk economy slide...

On 03/09/2018 at 08:34, Redmycolour said:

Fellow reds,watch out when buying a burger in fans zone, bought one yesterday got ripped off of a £5, told the woman I gave her a £10 note, she denied it saying it was only a fiver, who can I contact, anyone know, 

Can't help you get your money back but a wise man told me once to always put a diagonal fold/crease in any note before you hand it over, then in a situation like yours you can just say to the person you gave it too "please look in the till and the £10 note on top will have a diagonal crease in it" - Case proven and argument avoided.

1 minute ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Can't help you get your money back but a wise man told me once to always put a diagonal fold/crease in any note before you hand it over, then in a situation like yours you can just say to the person you gave it too "please look in the till and the £10 note on top will have a diagonal crease in it" - Case proven and argument avoided.

Or write "Happy Birthday" on a twenty then get a mate to buy with it ...then you slide up with a fiver ..claim you gave them twenty and ask them to check coz yours has a birthday message on it.....it worked for Warren Beatty and Jodie foster in paper moon...

Archived