Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Redmycolour

Burger van

Fellow reds,watch out when buying a burger in fans zone, bought one yesterday got ripped off of a £5, told the woman I gave her a £10 note, she denied it saying it was only a fiver, who can I contact, anyone know, 

• Aubergine 1

6 minutes ago, candygram for mongo said:

Same happened to me in the Sports Bar twice yesterday.

£4.15 for a pint.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

On a similar note, the sports bar on Sunday would apply the discount for season ticket holders, but didn't scan cards (which I thought they did in order to give people store credit)

That might have been due to the Bears match on Friday. I heard that there were issues changing the tills to football SC from rugby SCs........I mean they only had 36 hours to make the changes............:cool2:

22 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Fellow reds,watch out when buying a burger in fans zone, bought one yesterday got ripped off of a £5, told the woman I gave her a £10 note, she denied it saying it was only a fiver, who can I contact, anyone know, 

Look mate, Bristol rovers have got to fund their new tents somehow. 

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's good, I hope they can resolve the PA issue soon.

I won’t be holding my breath PF........this is classic deja vue........

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That might have been due to the Bears match on Friday. I heard that there were issues changing the tills to football SC from rugby SCs........I mean they only had 36 hours to make the changes............:cool2:

Nothing like a good old rumour is there.... How do you think dual season tickets work?

29 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

On a similar note, the sports bar on Sunday would apply the discount for season ticket holders, but didn't scan cards (which I thought they did in order to give people store credit)

You only get a discount on concessions with your season ticket, you only get store credit when buying matchday tickets and items from the club shop. 

I thought you got store credit on food and drink you bought. But you don’t. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I won’t be holding my breath PF........this is classic deja vue........

What, you mean you'll turn up late to the meeting with MK when he's already left? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 03/09/2018 at 08:51, Robbored said:

if we are all so say bristol sport  why don,t we get discounts at the rugby with our city season tickets

13 minutes ago, dragonreds said:

if we are all so say bristol sport  why don,t we get discounts at the rugby with our city season tickets

Can anyone confirm this? I'm going to the rugby Saturday and would like a few drinks.

5 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Best thing to do is to ask supporter services these type of questions as they sit in Bristol Sport and work across football, rugby and basketball. You can contact supporter services on 0117 963 0600 or supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk.

did you slope the right or left shoulder there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, reddoh said:

did you slope the right or left shoulder there?

Matt is probably employed by Bristol city, not Bristol sport. Hence asking people employed by Bristol sport would make more sense, instead of Matt playing messenger. 

11 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Matt is probably employed by Bristol city, not Bristol sport. Hence asking people employed by Bristol sport would make more sense, instead of Matt playing messenger. 

just wasted 5 minutes on play store couldn't find a game called "messenger".

16 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Chocolate teapot I'm afraid.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Yeah but to be fair he could ask one question of somebody at the club he would have direct access to and give an answer on here so that lots of people know or even tell somebody at the club there is confusion on this subject and ask if they could put a bit of an explanatory Q&A out to the masses.

At the moment I cannot see what this guy adds - a quick search on the city website would give a phone number - that is not liaison - just laziness.

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Best thing to do is to ask supporter services these type of questions as they sit in Bristol Sport and work across football, rugby and basketball. You can contact supporter services on 0117 963 0600 or supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk.

So the supporters representative liases with the supporters by asking fangs to call the club.

i am sure Dave Lloyd and Adam Baker would have been more helpful.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Surely supporter services is mostly based around ticketing.

This is quite a complex query and surely as part of your role you should be trying to resolve the problem rather than just setting the obvious.

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO Mark Kelly replied on here to a question last season and stated that BCFC season cards will receive discount at rugby fixtures, this was after after I’d been refused the game before!

3 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

No the best thing for anyone to do is to surely contact our supporter liaison officer who can then liase with whoever and then come back and liase with the supporters that they are paid to represent. 

Hey guys, don't be mean to Matt! He is busy getting back to us about the photo of the Atyeo wall and the countless other things he has gone away to check, before he comes back with an update.

It can't be his fault that he has never got back to us about anything. They probably don't tell him stuff because he is new.

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Flames 1

Hi all

Supporter Services are a really great team that have a large number of staff on hand to answer these types of questions. They sit within the Bristol Sport offices and are available to answer any question, and they can probably do that a little bit quicker than I can as I'm not always in the stadium. Anyway I have just heard back and yes BCFC SC holders can get discounts at Bristol Bears games on all concessions and they also apply in the sports bar on non match days too.

@Bristol Rob

The photo of the Wedlock Wall was put up on Facebook on September 4th. here is the link 

Thanks for your patience. 

Matt 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all

Supporter Services are a really great team that have a large number of staff on hand to answer these types of questions. They sit within the Bristol Sport offices and are available to answer any question, and they can probably do that a little bit quicker than I can as I'm not always in the stadium. Anyway I have just heard back and yes BCFC SC holders can get discounts at Bristol Bears games on all concessions and they also apply in the sports bar on non match days too.

@Bristol Rob

The photo of the Wedlock Wall was put up on Facebook on September 4th. here is the link 

Matt 

I don't use Facebook!

How did the conversation with the team that work with First Bus end?

14 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all

@Bristol Rob

Matt 

I think whilst it may be easier for someone to contact supporters services for individual cases when it's something like this that affects 20k people then it's probably best if someone in a official capacity like you find out the information and then relay it back to everyone. If there is any issues about this at least now someone is able to pull this post up and say this is what we were told. 

25 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Anyway I have just heard back and yes BCFC SC holders can get discounts at Bristol Bears games on all concessions and they also apply in the sports bar on non match days too.

@Bristol Rob

No idea why someone decided to put that on Facebook , someone in the clubs media team need to give their heads a wobble.

What is the point in running a story on the clubs site and then putting the second part on another media platform that many don't use or have access to

Was raised on 23rd August and the person had no reply

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I don't use Facebook!

How did the conversation with the team that work with First Bus end?

I have asked the media team if is possible to put it up on the website for you. 

The First Bus feedback was sent to them yesterday. 

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 14:09, phantom said:

I emailed supporters services as advised, still awaiting a reply - am guessing they must have a massive inbox?

….massive inbox?  

Are you sure your not confusing things with Irene over on the dark side?  :) 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m so glad I never got involved in the  ‘buy a brick’...............:facepalm:

Yup, I dodged that bullet too. Looks too much like a remberance memorial wall to me, so I’m glad I’m not on it! :bounce:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I’m so glad I never got involved in the  ‘buy a brick’...............:facepalm:

Agreed, it’s a shocker.  Hardly ‘celebratory’ is it?  I’ve seen more cheerful things at crematoriums.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Looks too much like a remberance memorial wall to me

In a way it probably is....i expect a lot of the bricks have been purchased in memorium of relatives who followed city for many years and have passed away....i know mine was....in memory of my mother & father who were married on xmas eve 1949 after which the women went home to make sandwiches and all the men went to the gate to watch the city...a perfect reception if you ask me... he passed on the legacy to me by taking me to my first game in early 70's a legacy i have passed to my son by taking him to his first game when he was 3 and now he goes every game home or away...i cant wait to take any future grandchildren ..just imagine what it might look like by the time they become regulars....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

In a way it probably is....i expect a lot of the bricks have been purchased in memorium of relatives who followed city for many years and have passed away....i know mine was....in memory of my mother & father who were married on xmas eve 1949 after which the women went home to make sandwiches and all the men went to the gate to watch the city...a perfect reception if you ask me... he passed on the legacy to me by taking me to my first game in early 70's a legacy i have passed to my son by taking him to his first game when he was 3 and now he goes every game home or away...i cant wait to take any future grandchildren ..just imagine what it might look like by the time they become regulars....

Maybe it’s identity isn’t very clear, if I saw this at another ground I would (wrongly) assume that the plaque is in memory of people who were no longer with us. On closer inspection there is a right mix of stuff, happy 60th birthday for example, which is fine ( btw is 60 now a landmark birthday ?). I’m not sure if it’s a memorial wall, certainly looks sombre enough, or a wall for people to look at their names and recognise themselves as City fans for eternity which is also nice if you like that sort of thing.

You say you wonder what it would look like in the future, I guess as more names are added and it lengthens? Are there plans for it to be sited better in the new development does anyone know? Is there plans to expand it? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

You say you wonder what it would look like in the future, I guess as more names are added and it lengthens? 

I meant imagine what the AG complex will look like but you raise a good point....is the wall finished or will it be added to in future years?.....maybe the club can allow a limuted number of new bricks every year and so it grows?

Oh....and 60 is the new 40 dont you know...except under a no deal Brexit when it becomes the new 52.6 if linked to the Uk economy slide...

Edited by Fodbarmyarmy
  • Haha 1

On 03/09/2018 at 08:34, Redmycolour said:

Can't help you get your money back but a wise man told me once to always put a diagonal fold/crease in any note before you hand it over, then in a situation like yours you can just say to the person you gave it too "please look in the till and the £10 note on top will have a diagonal crease in it" - Case proven and argument avoided.

1 minute ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Can't help you get your money back but a wise man told me once to always put a diagonal fold/crease in any note before you hand it over, then in a situation like yours you can just say to the person you gave it too "please look in the till and the £10 note on top will have a diagonal crease in it" - Case proven and argument avoided.

Or write "Happy Birthday" on a twenty then get a mate to buy with it ...then you slide up with a fiver ..claim you gave them twenty and ask them to check coz yours has a birthday message on it.....it worked for Warren Beatty and Jodie foster in paper moon...

• Haha 1