IGNORED

Jack Hunt

Lew-T

Think this lad deserves a mention. He’s received some criticism so far but I don’t understand it personally? He is a modern RB and I thought yesterday was his best game for us. Got forward multiple times and very nearly scored with a good strike.

Does the basics right in defence and gets forward when required, has the pace to do both.

It’s very early days in his City career but I think he’s adjusted well so far.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Think this lad deserves a mention. He’s received some criticism so far but I don’t understand it personally? He is a modern RB and I thought yesterday was his best game for us. Got forward multiple times and very nearly scored with a good strike.

Does the basics right in defence and gets forward when required, has the pace to do both.

I thought that was his best game yesterday, in other games he has made at least one mistake defensively, but he was sound yesterday. I would put him second to Eliasson in a crossing competition, which is pretty good. Like I said in the Marley Watkins thread, Watkins made it easier for him to go forward, because he covered him well.

I thought he was very good yesterday. 

Generally I don’t think he’s ever going to beca world beater, but he’s a good, steady, championship quality RB and I think our style of play takes some adapting too. 

A few games ago I feared that he was just another Pisano, but after Swansea and Yesterday, I hoping he might be more of a Bradley Orr. 

32 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought that was his best game yesterday, in other games he has made at least one mistake defensively, but he was sound yesterday. I would put him second to Eliasson in a crossing competition, which is pretty good. Like I said in the Marley Watkins thread, Watkins made it easier for him to go forward, because he covered him well.

That’s a good point. Did notice this yesterday! Well it’s worked well the last few games.

Can see a good partnership working well down that right side. 

Personally I think Hunt is part of a defensive five that will hopefully play together for the majority of our games this season.. I like the lad in goal and the more games the centre halves play together the more difficult it will be for Baker to get back in. As for  Lloyd Kelly  well you can pick your own superbative for him, incredible progress.

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

I made him my MotM yesterday, he had a great game.

However in earlier games I thought that he was to often totally unaware of where his ‘man’ was and had taken up poor positions exacerbating the situation.

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I made him my MotM yesterday, he had a great game.

However in earlier games I thought that he was to often totally unaware of where his ‘man’ was and had taken up poor positions exacerbating the situation.

It was him or Eliasson for me. I know he had a injury last season and possibly he’s just getting up to speed again? Playing games does help and you can see his confidence is growing each game.

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It was him or Eliasson for me. I know he had a injury last season and possibly he’s just getting up to speed again? Playing games does help and you can see his confidence is growing each game.

Let's hope so, but in the early games it was quite obvious.

I gave it to Hunt because I believe he was consistently good throughout the game and for me Eliasson was average during the first half and outstanding during the 2nd.

Hunt showed yesterday exactly the type of RB I’d seen at Sheffield Wednesday. 

Not only did he force a good save with a long range shot, but he clipped the bar with a cross and played some excellent drilled passes, one into Taylor for our first goal. 

Defended really well too against Palmer. 

More of the same Jack, even if I do keep shouting Nicky!!!!

Archived