IGNORED

Freddie Hinds (Merged)

RoystonFoote'snephew

Puzzling isnt it , that a player that looked so accomplished just 12 mths ago against premiership opposition should now struggle to make the matchday squad in the fifth division. Confidence may be low after a less than successful loan spell at cheltenham. City must have had complete confidence to give a three year contract.   However wrexham are flying high and may consider him to not fit into their team at the moment. I for one thought he was more than able to jump into the championship after the Watford cup game

lets hope he takes his chance soon and nets a bagfull for wrexham.

Was just checking the Wrexham website to see number of appearances and noticed a big fat zero.

Has he suffered a long term injury or just not being played?

Looked a good prospect this time last year but career seemed to stall with the loan period at Cheltenham. Signed a 3 year contract with us in the summer prior to going out on loan

20 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Was just checking the Wrexham website to see number of appearances and noticed a big fat zero.

Has he suffered a long term injury or just not being played?

Looked a good prospect this time last year but career seemed to stall with the loan period at Cheltenham. Signed a 3 year contract with us in the summer prior to going out on loan

Wrexham started the season well and are still getting good results from a fairly settled team.  They took in a selection of other loan players when they signed Hinds and are limited to six in the matchday squad.  Probably just waiting for injuries, suspensions to get a chance - shame we haven't got a play him or pay us clause!

On 10/10/2018 at 06:25, simon uk said:

I know he is young, and with all due respect to wrexham, but if he isn’t demonstrating enough in training to get in their matchday squad, theres a real problem some where?!

Think he was a bit overrated on here because he scored a couple good goals in the cup. If we were being honest they were probably the only times he really got involved in the action. Also easier to make an impact playing with Bristol City players rather than Wrexham ones. 

You are right though. He should be forcing his way into a conference side. Unfortuneately I am not sure he has any outstanding qualities to do so. He isn’t big, only a decent athlete, not one to take a few dribbles and create for himself, not seen any type of decent striker play like holding the ball up and getting others involved. 

He is one I don’t really see making it for us. Mind you most won’t but there are probably 5-6 around his age that seem like they just need another step or two and can. They have progressed through the leagues and impressed. The likes of Moore, Vyner, Smith, McCoulskey and now Bakinson. They have all gone up from when they first arrived or turned 18. Hinds from Luton’s academy to ours and 2 years on can’t make a conference matchday squad albeit a good conference side. Strange one as we have seen good players play lower than expected(Moore at Cheltenham and Andrews at Torquay) but yet we haven’t gotten FH many minutes in mens football. Why is he not at bath or WSM? Torquay has 4 so can understand that one

6 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think he was a bit overrated on here because he scored a couple good goals in the cup. If we were being honest they were probably the only times he really got involved in the action. Also easier to make an impact playing with Bristol City players rather than Wrexham ones. 

You are right though. He should be forcing his way into a conference side. Unfortuneately I am not sure he has any outstanding qualities to do so. He isn’t big, only a decent athlete, not one to take a few dribbles and create for himself, not seen any type of decent striker play like holding the ball up and getting others involved. 

He is one I don’t really see making it for us. Mind you most won’t but there are probably 5-6 around his age that seem like they just need another step or two and can. They have progressed through the leagues and impressed. The likes of Moore, Vyner, Smith, McCoulskey and now Bakinson. They have all gone up from when they first arrived or turned 18. Hinds from Luton’s academy to ours and 2 years on can’t make a conference matchday squad albeit a good conference side. Strange one as we have seen good players play lower than expected(Moore at Cheltenham and Andrews at Torquay) but yet we haven’t gotten FH many minutes in mens football. Why is he not at bath or WSM? Torquay has 4 so can understand that one

Joe, I usually agree with your posts but I think this is a little harsh.

The lad has made 4 appearances for us, scored goals against Plymouth and Watford and he's only 19.

He needs a decent loan where the manager actually wants to see him on the pitch. Wrexham have a mostly settled side who have lost just two league games from sixteen.

I would actually like a few of our younger players to stay at the club rather than get pushed out on loan into teams with a stack of other loan players. Surely if we can coach our first-teamers to improve, we can do the same with our U21s and U23s?

Bobby Reid was five years older than Hinds before he made an impact in the Championship and his loans didn't give us cause to believe we had a £10M in the making.

40 minutes ago, Xiled said:

The lad has made 4 appearances for us, scored goals against Plymouth and Watford and he's only 19.

He needs a decent loan where the manager actually wants to see him on the pitch. Wrexham have a mostly settled side who have lost just two league games from sixteen.

I would actually like a few of our younger players to stay at the club rather than get pushed out on loan into teams with a stack of other loan players. Surely if we can coach our first-teamers to improve, we can do the same with our U21s and U23s?

Bobby Reid was five years older than Hinds before he made an impact in the Championship and his loans didn't give us cause to believe we had a £10M in the making.

May be too early to tell but I don’t see the same footballing qualities in Hinds as Reid had. Just for me I don’t see it. Could be a case he blossom lates. Not something that is easily seen. I did mention about Wrexham doing well tbf. Agree about keeping some close but it can still be a good exp for FH trying to fight for a spot. I wonder why the are forcing FH to play at levels too high. Tried Cheltenham and that didn’t work. Now Wrexham not working. Don’t see why they didn’t try to build his confidence some at WSM or Bath. 

8 hours ago, Xiled said:

When Bobby went out on loan he did actually play football. Plymouth fans rated him highly and the club would have loved for him to stay. 

Hinds has slowly gone down the league at different clubs not making any impact at all. He’s now at none league Wrexham and not even on the branch. 

If he’s any good he needs to get it going soon. 

10 hours ago, Xiled said:

Agree with @JoeAman08 - yeah he was impressive in two cup games, but that's nowhere near enough to tell his potential. The fact he's in the Conference now probably tells us more than that about where his current level is. A friend who's a Luton fan said he was never regarded as that talented for them, he was far more annoyed we took Bakinson off their hands.

Edit: Speaking of which, it got me thinking about Bakinson... he's got five MOTM awards in 13 games for Newport. Ballon D'Or winner 2021.

On 03/09/2018 at 15:28, CiderJar said:

He was an unused sub on 27 Aug - the day Wrexham took 1,500 to boost the crowd to 2,400

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/solihull-moors-1-wrexham-afc-15079089

Off topic but that's impressive numbers from Wrexham, I think them, Oxford and Luton are probably the 3 biggest clubs that have played in division 5???

16 hours ago, Xiled said:

Then he needs to stop the billy big bollocks off the pitch 

On 16/10/2018 at 15:26, JoeAman08 said:

After his first goal it was inevitable people would get carried away on here.

He scored 2 decent goals and didn't look bad, but people make out as if he appeared to be some kind of prodigy.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

After his first goal it was inevitable people would get carried away on here.

He scored 2 decent goals and didn't look bad, but people make out as if he appeared to be some kind of prodigy.

Exactly. He is a solid academy player to have but personally do not see much champ potential. What you can’t account for is how clever a player he will become. He may end up having a knack for beating offside traps or end up being right place at the right time. For now though, I don’t see it and it seems Wrexham do not either. I know they are playing well and it is tough to break into a team playing that well. 

Archived