IGNORED

WBA away

TV Tom

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Must be my memory playing tricks with me then. 

In the last 40 odd years Ive been to loads of away matches and as time goes by they tend to fade......unless something unusual happened and Aaron Brown scoring a goal was unusual in its self....

I think I remember Aaron Brown going on a run, and hitting the inside of the post at that game, might be wrong though.

1 hour ago, KnowleUtd City said:

I think I remember Aaron Brown going on a run, and hitting the inside of the post at that game, might be wrong though.

Wasn’t that the game where it all kicked off in the stand and there was that picture of “DH” clambering over the netting, on his crutches, to get at the WBA fans..?! 

32 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Yes you could well be right with Bell.

It was definitely Ivan though.

It was both. 

Complete freak injuries, with out a player near either one of them and they both basically “snapped”, both in that same game. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Wasn’t that the game where it all kicked off in the stand and there was that picture of “DH” clambering over the netting, on his crutches, to get at the WBA fans..?! 

Yes, also JD in a bright yellow coat making him very easy to pick him out !!!!!

37 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Just over 1,100 sold, another example of the website being inaccurate.

I can only go by what the website says that 2737 tickets were available,  1504 still available making it 1233 sold, either way your rather pessimistic statement that we wouldn’t take over a 1000 is going to be well off the mark

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

I can only go by what the website says that 2737 tickets were available,  1504 still available making it 1233 sold, either way your rather pessimistic statement that we wouldn’t take over a 1000 is going to be well off the mark

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/back-city-against-the-baggies/ - "just over 1,100 away tickets have been sold to date."

Don't go by the website, it's always miles out - I realised that half way through last season.

Decent following so far, but you say I'm pessimistic? I say you're optimistic as it'll be closer to 1,000 than 2,700.

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/back-city-against-the-baggies/ - "just over 1,100 away tickets have been sold to date."

Don't go by the website, it's always miles out - I realised that half way through last season.

Decent following so far, but you say I'm pessimistic? I say you're optimistic as it'll be closer to 1,000 than 2,700.

I reckon it’ll end up at around 2000, making it closer to 2.7k

Whatever happens, it’s now over 1k, and the website is only 100 out, hardly ‘miles’ is it?

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

Don’t think for one minute that we’d sell 2700 tickets but was in absolutely no doubt that we would pass 1000 which you stated we wouldn’t sell, still think we will be nearer to 2000 than 1000 particularly if we beat Sheff Utd and it’s pay on the night

3 hours ago, Spoons said:

If we beat Sheffield utd we will sell out WBA I think? Even if we don't we will get 2000.

It's £20 and close. Maybe the curse of the sky red button could be a good thing for ticket prices?

Doubt a win against Sheff Utd would influence that many people’s decision to go. Zero chance of selling it out either way, 2k would be a cracking effort but I can’t see it.

23 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Working it out we have now sold 1300 plus out of 2700 allocation.

Thats pretty piss poor to be honest against an ex Prem team, an hour or so up the road.

Hate to say this but that bunch of cretins up the Mem would have sold out for sure and quite honeslty i dont know why we wont.

Sorry, how do you come to that conclusion? It’s very rare that they sell out their smaller away allocations in the League on a Saturday let alone midweek.

Last season they played Wolves on a Tuesday night, £10 tickets, untelevised, iirc the furthest they’d got in the League Cup for ages and pretty much their biggest game of the season at a ground they hadn’t visited for 30 years and they took 2100.

That’s less than the 2700 allocation we’ve got for the Hawthorns, which by the way, is hardly Anfield or Old Trafford. I don’t see why it matters which division WBA were in last season especially as it’s not a new ground for us?.

25 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Sorry, how do you come to that conclusion? It’s very rare that they sell out their smaller away allocations in the League on a Saturday let alone midweek.

Last season they played Wolves on a Tuesday night, £10 tickets, untelevised, iirc the furthest they’d got in the League Cup for ages and pretty much their biggest game of the season at a ground they hadn’t visited for 30 years and they took 2100.

That’s less than the 2700 allocation we’ve got for the Hawthorns, which by the way, is hardly Anfield or Old Trafford. I don’t see why it matters which division WBA were in last season especially as it’s not a new ground for us?.

Exactly! I don't know why people feed into their bollocks like this.

58 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Thats pretty piss poor to be honest against an ex Prem team, an hour or so up the road.

Hate to say this but that bunch of cretins up the Mem would have sold out for sure and quite honeslty i dont know why we wont.

So you think they would take more to WBA than the 600 they took to a relatively short distance like Shrewsbury (on a Saturday)?

53 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Exactly. We have played them loads of times over the past few years.

16 minutes ago, harrys said:

So you think they would take more to WBA than the 600 they took to a relatively short distance like Shrewsbury (on a Saturday)?

As a one off they would, which is all it would be for them.I should think our 7,000 at Man City exceeded any Premier league clubs last season. Does it make us a big club ? Does it bollocks and we know that.

Wouldn't stop those silly asses going on about "its what we do" though would it ..

3 minutes ago, joenaldo said:

The atmosphere has been pretty poor in recent years there !! 

Trains arnt very convenient (or cost effective) at the time I need - so the £10 deal will definitely be persuading a couple of hundred imo 

£21 for West Brom mate, which isn’t bad at all tbf. Wigan are doing the £10 tickets.

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

I think you might have been taken in by their relentless alternative-truth peddling and myth-making and very selective attention-drawing to the away days that support their "massive" claims, and their silence on the away days that do not support anything of the sort.

Rovers have played 4 times at the Hawthorns. In their history. 4 times! There will be a fair number of City fans that will have been to West Brom four times, or more. 

I think it is fair to say that us going to West Brom and them going to West Brom is not comparing like-with-like (this forum has covered this and the "context" of such comparisons with us and them and Wolves); we are used to attending such venues. When we go to Villa, it is different; we sell out, and will probably do so again. Play them often enough, and at some point, we won'the sell out (we are not a football hot bed or giant with unlimited support. Neither are Rovers).

The last time they played there was 25 years ago (in their absence we have been there six times), so yes, there would be some novelty and excitement for them going to West Brom. Unfortunately, we are becoming a bit blasé about such things. 

This is our 10th season of second tier football in the last 12 seasons; Rovers have had as much L2 football as L1 football in that time so L1 is more "fresh" for them than the Championship is for us. Even so, short-ish trips to Shrewsbury are already losing their appeal for them.

All this being said, if you compare our following with Leeds or Wednesday or Boro or Villa then, yes: piss poor. But if you want to try the Rovers approach to all this, then just keep in mind that we in fact sold out on our last visit there and took 5,300. Massive.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

As a one off they would, which is all it would be for them.I should think our 7,000 at Man City exceeded any Premier league clubs last season. Does it make us a big club ? Does it bollocks and we know that.

Wouldn't stop those silly asses going on about "its what we do" though would it ..

My point is that WBA for us isn’t a one off, i’ve been there about half a dozen times since 1977 and never seen us get a point, you’re right, if they happened to play them in a cup game they would take several thousand as it would be a new ground (although this wasn’t the case when they played Wolves last year)

49 minutes ago, harrys said:

My point is that WBA for us isn’t a one off, i’ve been there about half a dozen times since 1977 and never seen us get a point, you’re right, if they happened to play them in a cup game they would take several thousand as it would be a new ground (although this wasn’t the case when they played Wolves last year)

Sorry mate i'm agreeing with you but didn't put it across well. As a one off they would take loads more to WBA than a usual haunt like Shrewsbury, and if we played Manchester City every season we would probably take up whatever the allocation is, but would be unlikely to sell 7,000 again if they were ever on offer as a normal league game with nothing on it at that stage.

Archived