IGNORED

WBA away

TV Tom

10 minutes ago, Super said:

Never going to sell out midweek. If we take 1000+ it's a good effort.

The last time I went to the Hawthorns was when Marvin Brown scored in a 1-1 draw......must be around 20 years ago.

I was in one of the side stands and had a clear view of the Baggies fans  behind the goal when suddenly a mass of City fans rushed in from the left and a huge brawl broke out......

Who on earth allowed that to happen?  

There’s definately a history between the two ‘firms’  but thankfully the police have much more control these days. Probably their idea it should be a midweek game.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The last time I went to the Hawthorns was when Marvin Brown scored in a 1-1 draw......must be around 20 years ago.

I was in one of the side stands and had a clear view of the Baggies fans  behind the goal when suddenly a mass of City fans rushed in from the left and a huge brawl broke out......

There’s definately a history between the two ‘firms’  but thankfully the police have much more control these days. Probably their idea it should be a midweek game.

Only ever went once early 90's I think when Tinnion scored the winner in a 1-0 win, we were battered most of the game!

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

we always lose to west brom

They’ve beaten us 19 times. We’ve beaten them 14 times and 15 games have been drawn. 

We drew our last match at the Hawthorns in the FA Cup and we won our last league match against them (at Ashton Gate) 

Although you do need to go back to 1993 (only 5 games since) since our last away win there. 

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We haven’t drawn 1-1 at the Hawthorns since 1976. 

I think you mean the 2-2 draw in 1999. 

I don’t remember Marvin Brown scoring, but you could be right. 

EDIT: Marvin Brown never scored a goal for us, so I don’t think you are right..! 

11 hours ago, pillred said:

think this red button feature is going to seriously impact on away attendances, especially midweek.

Clubs need to take note and offer cheaper tickets.

WBA and especially Wigan tickets seem reasonably priced but I can see clubs that charge over £35 for a midweek ticket see their away attendances suffer greatly.

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

EDIT: Marvin Brown never scored a goal for us, so I don’t think you are right..! 

Brown hit the post which wouldnof made it 3-1 they then and scored 97th min 

27 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Must have been Aaron Brown then...

14 hours ago, nickolas said:

?

been there soooo many times and yet to win. 

Closest was when Lee Hughes stole a draw on 97 mins when only 5 mins injury time was put up!

Don’t remind me. Hadn’t Akinbiyi dragged us back into the match second half? Seem to recall some fighting at half time as well. 

3 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Don’t remind me. Hadn’t Akinbiyi dragged us back into the match second half? Seem to recall some fighting at half time as well. 

I recall waiting for that game to finish on teletext (showing our ages here) and it was the last game to finish that day.

When they did the official final scores on the BBC, they said we were still playing at we were winning 2-1. 

Then I went back to teletext and it said that we'd conceded very very late on.

15 hours ago, nickolas said:

?

been there soooo many times and yet to win. 

Closest was when Lee Hughes stole a draw on 97 mins when only 5 mins injury time was put up!

Remeber that myself as I had a tenner bet with the bookies in the ground on City 2-1 win at 14/1 - was a lot of wedge for me back then. 

56 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I recall waiting for that game to finish on teletext (showing our ages here) and it was the last game to finish that day.

When they did the official final scores on the BBC, they said we were still playing at we were winning 2-1. 

Then I went back to teletext and it said that we'd conceded very very late on.

Yes was there for that.

We had bad injuries to Aaron Brown and Ivan Testimitanu that day so loads of injury time.

Heart breaking feeling when they got that late equaliser!

Cracking bit of off the field action at half time too with City fans ripping up the segregation netting to get to the Baggies fans after loads of first half verbals.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It was my first away game aswell, back in 1990. League cup game. Drew 2-2. 

I have seen us win there once. 1-0 Tinnion scored. Boxing Day game I think, but that might not be correct. 

Was there for that as well.

I'm sure we had them the following year on Boxing Day too when we lost 1-0 after Keith Welch totally missed his kick out from a Stuart Monroe back pass.

3 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

My first away game, think it was the promotion season, 1976, won 1-0, I think Cheesley?

Pretty sure it was Gerry Sweeney who also scored in the away games at Charlton and Sunderland....he was voted national Player of the month by the Daily Mirror.  West Brom were all over us for the last period....one our greatest defensive displays.

8 minutes ago, The Chaplain said:

The day my son was born, he was only born in Bristol because I'd stayed over to watch it ... Gary Lineaker in the crowd too!

He was indeed! He signed my letter that I’d wrote in to the fanzine and was published at that match. 

Archived