IGNORED

WBA away

TV Tom

18 hours ago, nickolas said:

?

been there soooo many times and yet to win. 

Closest was when Lee Hughes stole a draw on 97 mins when only 5 mins injury time was put up!

I remember that game well.

We played really well and it felt like the ref was waiting for them to score before blowing the final whistle. It was an absolute gutter when Hughes got that equaliser. There was lots of crowd trouble as well, with what seemed like only a small area of segregation between fans in that stand.

2 hours ago, Offside said:

I remember that game well.

We played really well and it felt like the ref was waiting for them to score before blowing the final whistle. It was an absolute gutter when Hughes got that equaliser. There was lots of crowd trouble as well, with what seemed like only a small area of segregation between fans in that stand.

Plus Tinman used his right foot for the first time in his career to set up a goal with a cross!!

wasnt it the Mickey Bell broken leg and Ivan Testimitanu knee ligament injury game too?

bad times. 

On 04/09/2018 at 13:18, The Batman said:

I recall waiting for that game to finish on teletext (showing our ages here) and it was the last game to finish that day.

When they did the official final scores on the BBC, they said we were still playing at we were winning 2-1. 

Then I went back to teletext and it said that we'd conceded very very late on.

Was either watching Final Score or following on Ceefax and remember much the same.

2nd week in a row we'd been done by a late, late goal- the penalty by Sunderland and then this game at WBA We all feared the worst after that IMO.

On 04/09/2018 at 15:20, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Was there for that as well.

I'm sure we had them the following year on Boxing Day too when we lost 1-0 after Keith Welch totally missed his kick out from a Stuart Monroe back pass.

yes! The first Boxing Day game was brill, my first trip up there and a monster following from us on that terrace. Brilliant atmosphere as we clung on for a jammy 1-0 win. The next year was the mis-kick and by that stage they had seated the away section. Remember a bloke falling down the stairs and cracking his head open, claret everywhere ? The 2-2 game a few years later was blinding with the off-field entertainment! Not been back to the hawthorns since I don't think, but definitely fond memories from the 90s there. A great ground and usually a belting atmosphere. 

On 03/09/2018 at 21:30, nickolas said:

Cant make it. But not sure i’d want to watch a Dwight Gayle hattrick either!

I have an irrational dislike for Dwight Gayle. 

- I don't like his name. 

- I don't like his attitude. 

- I don't like the way he puffs his chest out. 

- I don't like the way he runs. 

-  I don't like any of the goal he scores. 

- I've never seen his wife/girlfriend but I suspect I won't like her either.   

I just don't like anything about him or anything he does.  

57 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

I have an irrational dislike for Dwight Gayle. 

- I don't like his name. 

- I don't like his attitude. 

- I don't like the way he puffs his chest out. 

- I don't like the way he runs. 

-  I don't like any of the goal he scores. 

- I've never seen his wife/girlfriend but I suspect I won't like her either.   

I just don't like anything about him or anything he does.  

:clap:

i like everything you dont like!!

plus i dont like how he can do it in the Championship but cant quite cut it in the PL. 

Mega bucks wages/earnings but cant quite cut it higher. 

On 03/09/2018 at 18:01, Taunton_BCFC said:

West Brom away is a must purely to go in the Vine pub!! ?️

Bit of a tardis that place.

Looks like a small boozer on a corner of a back street but is huge with the curry kitchen and back yard.

Good Indian grub.

Parked more or less outside last time, 2 minutes off the M5 and a ten minute walk to the stadium.

http://www.thevine.co.uk/

On 04/09/2018 at 11:33, Robbored said:

The last time I went to the Hawthorns was when Marvin Brown scored in a 1-1 draw......must be around 20 years ago...

I think you’re losing it Chief....the last time we drew 1-1 at The Hawthorns was in 1976 and Marvin Brown didn’t ever score a goal for us in his 19 games....

Edit: apologies to @Bar BS3 - just noticed you’ve already pointed out what I’ve highlighted above - ie the latest load of guff posted by Robbored ....

On 04/09/2018 at 14:16, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Yes was there for that.

We had bad injuries to Aaron Brown and Ivan Testimitanu that day so loads of injury time.

Heart breaking feeling when they got that late equaliser!

Cracking bit of off the field action at half time too with City fans ripping up the segregation netting to get to the Baggies fans after loads of first half verbals.

Wasn’t it Mickey Bell and Testimitanu who had the bad injuries? Both broken legs if I remember... 

On 08/09/2018 at 00:33, BCFC11 said:

Lee Hughes 98th min or something ridiculous like that, although not as ridiculous as his awful celebration, never liked the bloke either, pissed right off that day.

Wasn't that port vale? Flint put him clean through with a back pass 

On 04/09/2018 at 11:33, Robbored said:

The last time I went to the Hawthorns was when Marvin Brown scored in a 1-1 draw......must be around 20 years ago.

On 04/09/2018 at 11:55, Bar BS3 said:

We haven’t drawn 1-1 at the Hawthorns since 1976. 

I think you mean the 2-2 draw in 1999. 

I don’t remember Marvin Brown scoring, but you could be right. 

EDIT: Marvin Brown never scored a goal for us, so I don’t think you are right..! 

On 04/09/2018 at 12:23, Robbored said:

Must have been Aaron Brown then...

On 04/09/2018 at 12:42, Robbored said:

It was Aaron Brown.   

Akinbiyi scored twice in the 2-2 draw up there in 1999 - you’re having a Weston Super on this one....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, but we only played WBA away once during Aaron Brown’s time with us...the 2-2 in 1999 when Akinbiyi scored both of our goals...

Must be my memory playing tricks with me then. 

In the last 40 odd years Ive been to loads of away matches and as time goes by they tend to fade......unless something unusual happened and Aaron Brown scoring a goal was unusual in its self....

Archived