IGNORED

Calling for a cab in central Bristol

bristolcitysweden

4 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Taxi firms are huge rip off merchants and always have been. Uber is the only option.

Have to ask what you do for a living , be interested to know why you think taxi firms are a huge rip off?  Obviously there will be individuals who will overcharge but the majority of drivers are just trying to make a living the same as any other trade.

If your happy to let company’s such as Uber who pay no tax in this country put local drivers out of business carry on using them, but be careful what you wish for, once the competitors are gone your surge price will be the normal fare.

1 minute ago, Peter1450 said:

Have to ask what you do for a living , be interested to know why you think taxi firms are a huge rip off?  Obviously there will be individuals who will overcharge but the majority of drivers are just trying to make a living the same as any other trade.

If your happy to let company’s such as Uber who pay no tax in this country put local drivers out of business carry on using them, but be careful what you wish for, once the competitors are gone your surge price will be the normal fare.

Surely the competitors will have to lower their prices or if they don't then they will drive for uber?  Supply and demand, this country, luckily, isn't run by Corbyn yet!

I was on a Stag Weekend in Newcastle a few years back, we used a lot a taxis to get around. We found a company that was very reasonably priced. I asked the driver why that was, he said that there was plenty of work around, and they didn’t need to rip people off.

Last year I got a taxi from Temple Meads up to Kingswood on a Sunday night, I was charged £25 for what was barely a 10 minute journey. So whilst I understand people have make a living, it’s not fair to try and fleece people. 

From now on it’s Uber all the way for me.

22 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

I was on a Stag Weekend in Newcastle a few years back, we used a lot a taxis to get around. We found a company that was very reasonably priced. I asked the driver why that was, he said that there was plenty of work around, and they didn’t need to rip people off.

Last year I got a taxi from Temple Meads up to Kingswood on a Sunday night, I was charged £25 for what was barely a 10 minute journey. So whilst I understand people have make a living, it’s not fair to try and fleece people. 

That's not expensive really. 

After you take out fuel, tax, insurance, car maintenance, time spent getting to you and the journey they aren't making much out of that.

9 hours ago, screech said:

That's not expensive really. 

After you take out fuel, tax, insurance, car maintenance, time spent getting to you and the journey they aren't making much out of that.

Time spent getting to me? I flagged him down at the station! Fuel, I doubt it cost £2 worth of diesel! 

1 hour ago, screech said:

You want people to work for nothing?

I take it you’re a taxi driver? No, I don’t want people to work for nothing, I just don’t want to basically pay someone £25 for no more than 20 minutes work.

Let’s face it, taxis get an awful lot of perks on the road, using bus lanes which means they can in certain areas get a big head start on the rest of the rush hour traffic.

I myself am a delivery driver, and would love to get away with half the things cabbies do around town.

5 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

I take it you’re a taxi driver? No, I don’t want people to work for nothing, I just don’t want to basically pay someone £25 for no more than 20 minutes work.

Let’s face it, taxis get an awful lot of perks on the road, using bus lanes which means they can in certain areas get a big head start on the rest of the rush hour traffic.

I myself am a delivery driver, and would love to get away with half the things cabbies do around town.

No, I'm not a taxi driver.

They have to charge a rate that will cover all of their overheads (downtime, fuel, insurance, services, general maintenance, holidays etc.) even to replace the vehicle in a few years. If it was £25 banked I would agree it would be phenomenal money, I know a few people who drive cabs, I can tell you they aren't swimming in money.

I was in town before after having a couple of shandy’s, walking in zig zag’s as you do... got in a taxi... gave the driver £20 to take me home and obviously asked “you been busy mate” clearly seeing I was in no fit state, took me home.. as I was taken to my address told me that’s “£20 quid mate...” 

nice try! 

Thats all I remember anyway. 

On 04/09/2018 at 22:40, BS15_RED said:

Yes mate the station taxis are always the same 20 to 25 every time you use them uber or v.cars the best or walk up through past spoons through station pick up bus or taxi old market

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

To make a long story short we will go for Club Cars Bristol. We would like a safe journey on insurance and in my experience common people are the best people.

I truly dislike the Americanization of the British society and in my opinion British taxis in general are very fairly priced.

Well said that man, someone who sees the bigger picture......................have a great weekend mate!

21 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

To make a long story short we will go for Club Cars Bristol. We would like a safe journey on insurance and in my experience common people are the best people.

I truly dislike the Americanization of the British society and in my opinion British taxis in general are very fairly priced.

Well done Tommy, you've made a fine choice.

Archived