IGNORED

Mr Tomlin (Merged)

BCFC11

17 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=199878

Watched a video interview with Tomlin and, he does come across as a bit of a dunce. Talent in abundance no doubt but, his intellect is questionable.

And he thinks himself that this is what holds him back. So, if he feels that he's not getting "loved" or "appreciated" by the club then that reflects down on his confidence and attitude.

He states in the interview that if he is not liked then he won't pull his weight and this has all transformed into his personal life where off field problems have followed him around.

Talent is not enough for Tomlin. His mental deficiencies do directly affect how he reacts to his on field activity and, if its against him you won't get the 100% from him.

That seems to be the case with Tomlin and Cardiff City.

Needs to be cuddled in cotton wool rather than work at his game. A career going nowhere fast

And now they’re Posing the q is Bobby Reid the new Tomlin !!!

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=2&start=240

pull his weight, now that's asking a lot!!

6 minutes ago, pillred said:

pull his weight, now that's asking a lot!!

When City were on a warm weather break - Tenerife I think Tomlin and Flint shared a room and were interviewed in one of the BCTV quiz thingy........

Tomlin quipped that wasn’t all that smart so he obviously has some into his limited intellect........

4 hours ago, Swede said:

There is no doubt that both Tomlin & JET had ability but wasted talent? Possibly just about agree.

I think JET had talent in abundance, he had a languid, effortless style and a really likeable character. With all of the money thrown around in football I suspect this has had an effect on his career trajectory. I am sure if he needed the incentive he would be busting a gut to keep playing at League level, sadly that doesn't seem to be the case.

Tomlin on the other hand has plenty of talent but too much baggage and certainly doesn't come across as being a popular member of the team. Quite ironic really as its "being liked" seems to be what he yearns.

Perhaps a testament of their popularity would be when they have come back and played as an opposition player, Tomlin was vilified and JET was well received [just like Derrick Williams recently]

Very sad really and yes, JET can take a penalty. Probably the best penalty taker I have ever seen for Bristol City.

I will always defend JET.  I do think his body just made it harder and harder to stay fit enough to cope with the demands of professional football as he got older.  Of course you might argue “did he try hard enough to attain the level of fitness”, which is a fair point.

However, having had a very good opening season in 13/14, he played a bit part in 14/15, but never seemed to be disruptive.  It almost seemed a bit if a relief that he didn’t have to play 40+ games a season.  It would’ve been so easy for him to become a bad Apple, getting 2 minutes a game most weeks, but he didn’t let us down at all when both Alby and Agard were injured and he partnered Matt Smith.

....and of course THAT goal.

Thanks JET.

Tomlin, I’ve written enough about.  Thanks for the goal v Wednesday, one of the best I've seen at the gate, thanks for helping avoid relegation.  But you took the piss in 16/17 season, not just playing wise, but out of a lot of fans too.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

When City were on a warm weather break - Tenerife I think Tomlin and Flint shared a room and were interviewed in one of the BCTV quiz thingy........

Tomlin quipped that wasn’t all that smart so he obviously has some into his limited intellect........

Wilbs ya mean not Flint?

22 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Apparently on £35k a week !!!!!following their promotion , and also contract until 2020

Good luck with offloading the pork pie Taffs

There was an interview the other day where Tomlin states he couldn’t perform at his best unless he was loved / appreciated

What a dork and not the brightest button

I also see he’s completely wiped all his history from his Instagram history

.......and he was taunting our fans on social media with his ‘my club got promoted to the premier league’ rubbish - not so funny now is it?! Unwanted and washed up with a reputation of being very hard to manage....game over....being rich means nothing when you are just not wanted....

14 hours ago, gl1 said:

Bobby a dud? Nah. 

Theyre just using him wrong, it’s like buying a whisk then wondering why it doesn’t brown your toast. 

A whisk does brown your toast its just spread out further and has electricity passed through it. 

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Thing is , he was the main man as you put it, here ..!  Just think he's the type of person that gets bored quickly and needs someone new to tell him how good he is. Which is fine I suppose whilst earning thousands at the mo, a disaster waiting to happen when he retires I reckon. And to be honest I couldn't care less. 

Until Tammy came along that is… LT couldn't cope with playing second fiddle.

Whilst I'm enjoying our gloating, it's also worth acknowledging that he showed some glimpses of genius the likes of which none of our current squad are capable of. He just needed either a a bit more guidance in his life or a lobotomy...

13 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Maybe so, but is it correct?

Maybe if LJ just let him rot in the U23 we would never of got shot of him to Cardiff?  Warnock's approach has left him with a player that can't play and he can't offload.  So maybe LJ giving him game time was the best approach?

The bloke`s a class A dick and will never change. I can see why we signed him and basically the club were damned if they did and damned if they didn`t. If we hadn`t taken him on LJ, SL & co would have been accused of lacking ambition, not being able to manage big egos, not being prepared to push the boat out, not wanting promotion etc. etc.

It`s proved to me that if Warnock can`t get anything out of the fat git he`s a lost cause, whatever you think of NW he can usually get some sort of value out of players like him so if even he`s given up then there`s really no hope.

Best bit of business we did in the Summer of 2017 was shipping the poisonous knob out - particularly if all the rumours about bullying of younger players had any truth to them

It tells you a lot that none of the players wished him well on social media when he left, they just totally blanked him.

11 hours ago, RedSkin said:

Maybe if LJ just let him rot in the U23 we would never of got shot of him to Cardiff?  Warnock's approach has left him with a player that can't play and he can't offload.  So maybe LJ giving him game time was the best approach?

Yes, maybe. I think that is what he was probably doing, until that Preston game. By that stage it became a choice between: continue with this approach and be relegated, or be done with Tomlin and save the team and the season.

After Preston that April, there were 6 games left and we were 21st and one point above the drop.

22 hours ago, MarcusX said:

He's not quite doing nothing though is he? I bet he's still expected to train daily and has to play for the under 23's whilst probably doing other contractual "work", PR etc.

I get it, they live a lavish lifestyle and get paid handsomely but its not really "doing nothing".

He'll be training on his own I would expect.  And not putting a lot of effort in to boot.  I mean, would you really want him showing the kids how to act as a pro.  The same goes for PR....there's not a chance in hell they'd make him do PR work.  He really wouldn't do a hell of a lot for public relations. 

So realistically, he's being paid handsomely for half arsedly trying to keep fit and playing a few non-competitive footy matches.

6 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

He'll be training on his own I would expect.  And not putting a lot of effort in to boot.  I mean, would you really want him showing the kids how to act as a pro.  The same goes for PR....there's not a chance in hell they'd make him do PR work.  He really wouldn't do a hell of a lot for public relations

So realistically, he's being paid handsomely for half arsedly trying to keep fit and playing a few non-competitive footy matches.

Which is fair enough.   I can't see Cardiff would want any PR pics with 

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2F8bfd80611db1c2dc9ac44a32985d92b6%2Ftenor.gif%3Fitemid%3D5863250&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Ftenor.com%2Fview%2Ffat-bastard-ieat-because-gif-5863250&docid=H6bgcYHyonjdXM&tbnid=8-HzolsfLml0NM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwiKt9KGpabdAhWQC-wKHXCuBSwQMwgrKAQwBA..i&w=498&h=207&safe=active&bih=934&biw=1858&q=fat bastard gif&ved=0ahUKEwiKt9KGpabdAhWQC-wKHXCuBSwQMwgrKAQwBA&iact=mrc&uact=8

On 05/09/2018 at 00:08, BobBobSuperBob said:

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=199878

He states in the interview that if he is not liked then he won't pull his weight and this has all transformed into his personal life where off field problems have followed him around.

Can't blame him for that. That's like one of those challenges on the World's Strongest Man. 

Archived