IGNORED

how the M2 route will effect you travelling to the Gate

Never to the dark side

Tried to get my head round most of it, so here goes.

Firstly, rail travel there seems to  movement away from calling it a train station to a rail station.

Similar to OUR region and we are now all CUSTOMERS.

No Sunday service's on the M2 route.

If you land at Bristol Temple Meads the bus goes via the City centre  and then to the gate.

If you are heading to Bristol Temple meads from the Gate,the bus stop is where the old demolished fly over is/was,

or what I have done in the past is walk to Redcliffe hill where you catch the number 24 (and now the M2)

Can I just make a plea to all you 100,000 of thousands that come to the gate by train from where ever.

Please get your tickets issued to Parson Street TRAIN station. 

Even if you don't use Parson street, its the same price and pushes up the footfall at Parson street.  

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Firstly, rail travel there seems to  movement away from calling it a train station to a rail station.

If you land at Bristol Temple Meads the bus goes via the City centre  and then to the gate.

If you are heading to Bristol Temple meads from the Gate,the bus stop is where the old demolished fly over is/was,

or what I have done in the past is walk to Redcliffe hill where you catch the number 24 (and now the M2)

Can I just make a plea to all you 100,000 of thousands that come to the gate by train from where ever.

Even if you don't use Parson street, its the same price and pushes up the footfall at Parson street.  

Does the M2 stop in the centre? How close to the Gate does it stop? Wondering if this is an alternative for my Dad as we couldn't get on the 24 due to overcrowding on the way back which has put him off going again. 

12 minutes ago, BristolCity1992 said:

Does the M2 stop in the centre? How close to the Gate does it stop? Wondering if this is an alternative for my Dad as we couldn't get on the 24 due to overcrowding on the way back which has put him off going again. 

If you go to the stop on the roundabout by Ashton Park School you can get the X1, X9, X8 and undoubtedly other buses into the city centre.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

After GWR provided a 2 carriage train from Exeter up to Bristol last Sunday - which was full and standing after Worle, they clearly have no interest in providing any kind of service

As for the M2, this is the route that was being advertised as not suitable to be used on matchdays due to the lack of capacity

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

What demolished flyover is there at the gate??

I think he’s referring to the iconic and sadly missed flyover that used to run from where the Temple Gate roundabout now is/was( the ongoing roadworks where blokes in high viz jackets eat sandwiches and look at their phones all day) to just short of St Mary Redcliffe Church.

• Admin
5 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

17 minutes ago, redapple said:

I think he’s referring to the iconic and sadly missed flyover that used to run from where the Temple Gate roundabout now is/was( the ongoing roadworks where blokes in high viz jackets eat sandwiches and look at their phones all day) to just short of St Mary Redcliffe Church.

The Temple Meads stop is outside the Hilton (INBOUND only) - not a lot of use if you want to get to AG8 without a tour of the City centre!!

image.png

I am told when the new road is put through next to the Grosvenor Hotel it will be outside the Holiday Inn - but AGAIN, INBOUND ONLY

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

The Temple Meads stop is outside the Hilton (INBOUND only) - not a lot of use if you want to get to AG8 without a tour of the City centre!!

image.png

I am told when the new road is put through next to the Grosvenor Hotel it will be outside the Holiday Inn - but AGAIN, INBOUND ONLY

I just love Bristol City Council's joined up thinking.

Get the bus from LA P&R to not very near TM Station, then when you get back from your travels you can't get back to your car.

Incredible.

• Admin
28 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I just love Bristol City Council's joined up thinking.

Get the bus from LA P&R to not very near TM Station, then when you get back from your travels you can't get back to your car.

Incredible.

I was reading earlier about people asking yesterday at Temple Meads where the stop for the M2 was, apparently people were being told it was easier to get an 8/9 to the centre and connecting there

Certainly won't be any use getting to AG8, but may be an option rather than getting a cab back to the centre after a game?

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

I was reading earlier about people asking yesterday at Temple Meads where the stop for the M2 was, apparently people were being told it was easier to get an 8/9 to the centre and connecting there

Certainly won't be any use getting to AG8, but may be an option rather than getting a cab back to the centre after a game?

Surely someone at the Club is trying to build a joined up transport policy with local agencies? Who is that? Jonny Boy? Matt Parsons?

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

Only on a Saturday.  It doesn't run on a Sunday and stops running before the final whistle mid-week.

The whole thing is a joke.

4 hours ago, phantom said:

After GWR provided a 2 carriage train from Exeter up to Bristol last Sunday - which was full and standing after Worle, they clearly have no interest in providing any kind of service

As for the M2, this is the route that was being advertised as not suitable to be used on matchdays due to the lack of capacity

The 23.15 from Parson Street to Exeter last Friday was absolutely jammed with passengers sitting and standing in tables. Don't know if it was two or three carriages but an extra one or two should have been provided. GWR should have realised there was a 26,000 crowd for the rugby. I ride to/from Highbridge which has neither ticket office or machine. No ticket issuer seen on way up or back. So I'm not recorded as travelling or paying.

GWR ARE A SHAMBLES and not fit to run a public transport service.

• Admin

The sad thing last season for the two Manchester games it read as if the club had had some kind of liaison with GWR, when in truth it was a Bristol City supporter who works at Weston Station who was instrumental in not only raising the issue of extra demand but involved his hierarchy enough to get not only additional rolling stock but extra trains to stop at Parson Street. 

He's currently on leave but next time I see him I'll see what conversations have been had recently 

• Admin
50 minutes ago, harrys said:

So where is the nearest stop to TM or the centre? I’ll be down that way for the Sheff’ U game

For the M2, you need to get on the road underneath where the road raises up to the A370 junction. Then walk in the direction of where the ten pin bowling alley used to be (using the new road). The stop is around the bend on the left. 

Even though the map states 9 minutes from Ashton Gate, reading online earlier this was described as only being achievable by a very active student 

As for the centre, the route is akin to one of those open top tour buses 

Also bearing in mind that they are cashless services. 

Screenshot_20180905-184657_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180905-184709_Gallery.jpg

Archived