IGNORED

Downsy - Dabbing

BessexRED

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Sounds crap tbh, and those parents should be taking their 8 year olds down the park and having a kickabout with them imo.

'Blow off a person'.......... mmm right, OK think we'll leave it there.:blink:

I think you are oversimplifying things here. It's not like those options are mutually exclusive. You can have a game of Fortnite with them, and then run down the park for a game of football. Kids love video games, that's just a fact. The parents who accommodate this within reason are those who manage it best. When I have a kid, I'll certainly play video games with them, and I have very fond memories of playing them with my father. When I show interest in a game my nephew is playing, he is always so excited to show it all to me and it is a great bonding experience. It really is not the absolute evil it is peddled to be by some.

1 minute ago, BessexRED said:

Nope, "losers".

Christ someone come and collect their da....

This isn't a teenage slang forum Bessex.

Don't worry though we all chatted trendy teenage crap in our youth.

It does seem to have got a hell of a lot more annoying these days though.

6 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

I think you are oversimplifying things here. It's not like those options are mutually exclusive. You can have a game of Fortnite with them, and then run down the park for a game of football. Kids love video games, that's just a fact. The parents who accommodate this within reason are those who manage it best. When I have a kid, I'll certainly play video games with them, and I have very fond memories of playing them with my father. When I show interest in a game my nephew is playing, he is always so excited to show it all to me and it is a great bonding experience. It really is not the absolute evil it is peddled to be by some.

Not saying it is - I used to play Tetris, Gameboy etc. with my own son.

It should be a very minor part of their lives at 8 years old though imo.

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

There were people on here that had a go at David Lloyd at every available opportunity, called him 'too corporate' and accused him of being a puppet of the board.

I hope now they are realising just what we had then. Downsy is a clown of the highest order.

I'd love for Downsy to read this thread and take it on board but he doesn't - he read the thread after he got slaughtered on here after the Newcastle game the other year and make a joke about it on the mic the next gameday.

said it a few times but i can't believe the guy is still here.

repeatedly gets players names wrong, has named 12 players in the starting 11 a few times too. Also asking a 6 year old girl if she was ''just here to look at the players' legs'', asking someone ''what prem team you support'' and, after a 7 year old boy didn't know what area of Bristol he lived in, said ''come on, it's really not a difficult question''

as others have said he makes us look so tinpot at times &  given the amount of people that have been sacked for seemingly no reason, very surprised he's still around

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

given the amount of people that have been sacked for seemingly no reason, very surprised he's still around

I am of the belief that some of the sacked people were sacked for no reason other than to make room for people such as Downsy. Friends in the right places......

I loved my time as Stadium Announcer at AG. If anybody wants to book me as an after dinner speaker, I've got a few good stories to tell ?  It was the SLO aspect of the job, and some of the abuse I copped, that finally wore me down and made me decide it was time to make way for someone else. For the record, I think Downsy does a good job. He's not everybody's cup of tea, but neither was I. You are never going to please everybody if you have any sort of front-line role in football, and you just have to accept that and carry on doing your best, and being true to your own style. Downsy is his own man, and he will carry on doing things in his own way. Good luck to him. I'm still around on matchdays, hosting in the Lansdown restaurant, catching up with some City legends, and very much enjoying my matchdays - out of the spotlight, but still very much involved with the club I love. I was in today as it happens, hosting some ground tours for Airbus managers who were there for a leadership conference, and enjoying some excellent tent-based banter with a few Rovers fans. COYR

5 minutes ago, Dave L said:

I loved my time as Stadium Announcer at AG. If anybody wants to book me as an after dinner speaker, I've got a few good stories to tell ?  It was the SLO aspect of the job, and some of the abuse I copped, that finally wore me down and made me decide it was time to make way for someone else. For the record, I think Downsy does a good job. He's not everybody's cup of tea, but neither was I. You are never going to please everybody if you have any sort of front-line role in football, and you just have to accept that and carry on doing your best, and being true to your own style. Downsy is his own man, and he will carry on doing things in his own way. Good luck to him. I'm still around on matchdays, hosting in the Lansdown restaurant, catching up with some City legends, and very much enjoying my matchdays - out of the spotlight, but still very much involved with the club I love. I was in today as it happens, hosting some ground tours for Airbus managers who were there for a leadership conference, and enjoying some excellent tent-based banter with a few Rovers fans. COYR

Good man Dave. Let's be right though, many think he does a poor job and I don't think he's the right man for the job - he has no understanding of football or Bristol City whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, Dave L said:

Dave - any plans to have tours for fans - maybe in an open day type way? So many changes made to the club facilities we don’t see (I presume) and no way for the paying fan to see them unless they are part of a supporter group or something like that. Just curious.

He seemed to be suited to the rugby last Friday, but for me he’s been useless at the Football from Day 1. He responded to initial criticism by saying it was a steep learning curve for him and he would take note of what people were saying. 

I won’t to be to harsh on him as I normally get to my seat just before kick off and have a pint at half time, but what I have heard and seen is cringeworthy, and others seem to be saying the same. 

Bring back Sam Mason ! 

I vividly remember his first appearance. 

“Are there any Bristol city fans in the ground?”

silence then ironic cheers from ththe Wigan fans

then louder, “I said are there any BRRRISSSTOL CITTTY fans in the ground?”

silence then louder ironic cheers for the Wigan fans

i turned to my mate and said “where the **** did they get him from?”

I don't know the guy personally, but he seems like he'd be more suited to entertaining the kids in the top tier. 

He comes across as a cross between a hospital radio DJ and a failed Haven holiday rep. 

Agree about the point about his tweets, he needs to remember he's not a voice of the club and his tweets are his own 

#BRINGBACKLLOYDY

24 minutes ago, redapple said:

He seemed to be suited to the rugby last Friday, but for me he’s been useless at the Football from Day 1. He responded to initial criticism by saying it was a steep learning curve for him and he would take note of what people were saying. 

I won’t to be to harsh on him as I normally get to my seat just before kick off and have a pint at half time, but what I have heard and seen is cringeworthy, and others seem to be saying the same. 

Bring back Sam Mason ! 

now there's someone who would NEVER say anything offensive

At Bristol rugby games he asks the fans before the game in each stand to cheer.

It's a very contrived thing that's been done at Bris rugby for some years. It's artificial and unsuited to a football crowd.

Last Friday versus Barff, he made numerous requests during stoppages in play for the fans in S21 to wave to the tv camera by the touch in goal line. Totally contrived.

As for the rest of his act, I still cannot hear most of what is said over the wonderful Ashton Gate public address. SL built a very good stadium with cheap PA. 

2 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

'Dabbing' is a gesture that became extremely popular around 2016, and sadly persists to this day. You put one forearm parallel to your face, with the other one outstretched  to your side. It originally came to prominence with gang members in Atlanta who used it as an expression of happiness or goodwill. Eventually the internet took hold and now even Hillary Clinton did it in an effort to be down with the kids. Pogba and Lingard did it a lot when celebrating, so it's popular amongst the Fortnite generation. It can also be integrated into dancing to music, in particular hip hop and trap. It's already peaked but will still be around for a while

IMG_0667.JPG

Morrissey used to do something incredibly similar in the 1980s.

Archived