IGNORED

International watch (merged)

Lanterne Rouge

13 hours ago, Ian M said:

Lloyd and Jay Dasilva both started in the U20s 2-0 win over Switzerland this afternoon. Dasilva captained the side.

Whilst looking for this info I saw that the U20s will be playing against Italy at this non-league ground in October:

CAADDC03-FCA9-4F52-A22B-D018BCC55C80.jpeg

I had previously likened Rovers’ tents and patio furniture to something from non-League but I might need to revise this view ?

Believe Fylde have been backed well like Fleetwood and will eventually be better placed than Blackpool unless they sort out the mess they;re in.

14 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

What did they say?

(I hope you've been practising your Czech)

Something something something Kalas of Bristol City something something.

Nah, the commentator just mentioned he seemed to have been out on loan for his entire career to date and was currently at City for the season.

At least he was the only one of the three CBs that wasn't involved in the defensive **** up for Ukraine`s 94th minute winner.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Believe Fylde have been backed well like Fleetwood and will eventually be better placed than Blackpool unless they sort out the mess they;re in.

Heard recently that one of the people backing Fylde was/is a Blackpool fan. Can't remember the full story, but think it was something along the lines of his investment in Fylde started off as part of a protest against the Oystons.

Heres a bit of the story https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/afc-fylde/i-won-t-buy-blackpool-fc-vows-afc-fylde-owner-haythornthwaite-1-8855756

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

See the Swiss are hammering Iceland 5-0

Impressive that

EDIT

Make that six

No sign of Hörður so he either hasn’t played or been taken off !,

Since they lost that gaffer guy whos name always escapes me, but Bcfcsweden adores, Iceland have regressed significantly

27 minutes ago, harrys said:

I forgot how poor a player Henderson was

I've never been able to work out what managers see in him. Should never be near international level.

As usual, play a decent team and our midfield can't get the ball and the defending is a joke.

England are nowhere near as good as a SF World Cup looked on paper.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

However well we did to get to semis, in every game teams dominated us in long periods of the second half once they learnt how we play. Even Panama drew the second half 1-1 with us and had a decent period where we couldn't cope with them. We have to get rid of this 3322 system. No one else plays this system for a reason.

Panama had a decent period where we couldn’t cope with them? Was that when England were already 6-0 up?!

This scoreline doesn't surprise me a huge deal.

Until Spain made a ridicukous decision to sack their manager the day before the tournament, for me they were one of the favourites. Hierro is a manager of little experience and it showed v Russia when they were 1-0 up- in qualifying (have ITV4 so saw their games v Italy) they did tikitaka but also bit more direct, quicker in the pass that sort of thing. That was Lopetetgui's philosophy- Hierro just fell back on extreme passing, because it's all he knew.

Switzerland 6-0 Iceland? Switzerland are a decent side with by their standards a golden generation- poor finishing their main achilles heel tbh. Not had a productive striker in years.

@North London Red

Don't know if you recall but early doors, Panama could have scored 2 or 3 vs us. Now that was down to our sloppiness in large parts but it's easy to forget that in a 6-1 win and how they were physically very dirty.

14 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Think Shaw has been knocked out for the count there. Hope he is ok!

Was it a head injury to Shaw then? Took the dogs for a walk at HT and when I came back he was being streachered off with oxygen. 

Archived