IGNORED

Bobby Reid is Cardiff's best player...

EmersonsRed

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Its only because hes the only one who doesnt boot it as high and far as he can at every opportunity!

9 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

This is definitely the way to finish 23 points ahead of Bristol City.

Liking the sarky response Keyardiv....the ill-informed on here who think you can get to the premier league by just lumping it up front make I laugh! They believe Warnock holds the record for the most promotions in English football because his sides ‘cheat’ and just knock it long....it’s very funny....if it was that simple many sides would have sussed him out and beaten his teams....but he just keeps on finishing above them....

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Liking the sarky response Keyardiv....the ill-informed on here who think you can get to the premier league by just lumping it up front make I laugh! They believe Warnock holds the record for the most promotions in English football because his sides ‘cheat’ and just knock it long....it’s very funny....if it was that simple many sides would have sussed him out and beaten his teams....but he just keeps on finishing above them....

And then absolutely tanking it in the premier league because it doesn’t work at that level. 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Anyone who thinks Warnock doesn't encourage his players to time-waste, feign injuries, engage in sly tackles off the ball etc etc should book an appointment wth the optician. The guy is legendary for it - and it's not just Bristol City fans who give him stick because of this.

However, I think he is one of the best motivitional managers in England.

His brand of football isn't modern or sophisticated or often very easy on the eye. Where he wins out is as a morale creator; he makes teams feel like a gang: "nobody likes me and nobody likes us, they don't want us to succeed, it's us v the world" etc. Players who've worked with him say they are few better at instilling the "I'll show them!" attitude.

When Warnock manages poor sides - like when he was at Rotherham - they are often horrific to watch. Remember them coming to AG and playing anti-football for 90 minutes? No intent to make a game of it, just to grind out an away draw through a variety of questionable tactics. Grim.

At Cardiff, he actually had some talented players at his disposal, partly thanks to managers there before him, and I thought our games against them were an OK watch and mainly devoid of the usual antics. His motivational powers probably gave that side the extra 15% they needed to gain promotion. He got the best out of them.

You can't fail to give him credit for that, but I'm still glad he never managed us. 

A lot of people slag off Colin, but when Cotts was sacked the majority of people on here seemed to want Warnock.

Sure, he's good at promoting teams. That much cannot be denied. The problem is a lot of fans view promotion as the final goal, when in reality football doesn't just stop when you hit the big-time. They had the skill to do this in the Championship, but his tactics just don't work in the Premier League when the level of skill is so vast, so I'm surprised that he hasn't changed things up this time around. Possession-based and counter-based football isn't just a trend, it's probably the best option nowadays to keep a bog-standard team in a strong league, whereas years ago it was Pulisball.

It's why I'll depend LJ to the ends of the earth over how he wants Bristol CIty to play. If he can get us promoted with that style of play, SL will back him with whatever players he needs to turn it into a legitimate Premier League tactic.

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Who said he was cheating?

His teams lump it long its a proven fact not a myth. 

I didnt deny its not effective, its just shit to watch! 

Nothing ill-infomed about it, people just need to not be so precious when an opinion doesnt suit you!

24 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Who said he was cheating?

His teams lump it long its a proven fact not a myth. 

I didnt deny its not effective, its just shit to watch! 

Nothing ill-infomed about it, people just need to not be so precious when an opinion doesnt suit you!

I’m not precious, as I said, it made me laugh...cheers..

There are plenty of failed big name managers who continually move from club to club basically stealing a living. Whether you like or dislike Warnock you can't knock the bloke for what he's achieved in his long career. I do sometimes smile when I hear people say that they would hate to watch his style of football that has got his teams promoted as opposed to watching a team that are easy on the eye but struggle to get promoted. I would happily watch a season full of 30 odd crap wins and a few flaky draws and then guaranteed promotion at the end of it.

:laugh: Just started watching that video, but had to give up for laughing

"Cardiff are happy to play attractive football...   

"It's not just long balls and set pieces...

ABSOLUTELY right. It ISN'T just that.

It's also time-wasting, kicking dangerous opponents out of the game, 90 minutes of bad mouthing the referee, linos, fourth official and opposition manager, constantly going on about how everybody else has an advantage over them etc etc etc

All a bit pathetic really. Still, they're happy. They are ENGLISH Premier League you know.

Archived