IGNORED

Has Ashton Gate been turned down to host Rugby League in 2021?

Never to the dark side

Hope it has been turned down , as advertising is sprayed on the pitch. It would look a mess afterwards.  Remembered when an  NFL game was played down the gate ,and it took ages to clear it off. We had a game on tv after that and it looked terrible .

1 hour ago, kiwicolin said:

Hope it has been turned down , as advertising is sprayed on the pitch. It would look a mess afterwards.  Remembered when an  NFL game was played down the gate ,and it took ages to clear it off. We had a game on tv after that and it looked terrible .

To be fair, there was a big logo on the pitch last Friday, and there was no sign of it by the game on Sunday.

Screenshot_20180907-070915.pngScreenshot_20180907-071106.png

1 hour ago, El Hombrecito said:

To be fair, there was a big logo on the pitch last Friday, and there was no sign of it by the game on Sunday.

Screenshot_20180907-070915.pngScreenshot_20180907-071106.png

Hmm. As much as the groundstaff do a brilliant job just wait untill we are a few months into the rugby season.. for me the lines that we try and ‘’cover’’ look pretty horrendous.. 

24 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

I thought last Sunday they had done a pretty good job. I actually said at the time  I think they have improved the disguising. 

Was quite noticeable on the TV. Looked like there were two touchlines. Have to say though that I didn't notice it much from the Dolman.

It might just be me, but since Ashton Gate has been renovated I've felt that the pitch has looked much nicer. Maybe a chance in groundskeeping, or more funds being allocated to keeping the pitch looking good since it's multi-use now?

If we did host more Rugby games on the pitch, and the advertising that comes along with it, I'm sure we'd do a much better job of it than we had before.

5 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

It might just be me, but since Ashton Gate has been renovated I've felt that the pitch has looked much nicer. Maybe a chance in groundskeeping, or more funds being allocated to keeping the pitch looking good since it's multi-use now?

If we did host more Rugby games on the pitch, and the advertising that comes along with it, I'm sure we'd do a much better job of it than we had before.

It is a totally different pitch.  There are some artificial fibres mixed in with the grass which makes the surface tougher and there is now undersoil heating which used in conjunction with growing lamps means that the grass can be grown all year round.

6 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

An NFL game was played at the gate? When? And who?

• Admin
8 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Bristol Sport put the Gate forward in July 2018 to host games.

I have not seen any info saying we have been turned down

Unless anyone knows different.

As the tournament  will take place in october and november 

just wondering how it could affect Bristol City fixtures.

No

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Plus the fact  no one in Bristol gives a flying one about Rugby bloody League...

Sadly not. Although I’d much rather see league at AG, which is easily the superior form of the game, than the kick and clap Yawnion rubbish that currently takes place there. I couldn’t care less about the Bristol Bears.

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

Sadly not. Although I’d much rather see league at AG, which is easily the superior form of the game, than the kick and clap Yawnion rubbish that currently takes place there. I couldn’t care less about the Bristol Bears.

A large Bristol fanbase would tend to disagree with you.

I think RL is shit and should stay firmly in the north of England but its all about opinions.

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

Run. Get tackled. Wriggle around on the floor together. Get up. Repeat.

Archived