IGNORED

Aston Villa's Allocation/Sold (Merged)

Never to the dark side

Absolute max for the Atyeo in its current format is 3,600 allowing for segregation in the corners.

City only need to give Villa 10% i.e 2,700, which is the upper section and about 4 complete rows of the lower, same as Forest got. Black netting across the front.

15 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Why is that? Why can’t we sell them the whole Ayteo stand? 

Because- marginal gains I guess.

Easier to control too- away sides get a max of 10% and various front rows closed off- first 5 rows it might be?

Basically less fans, and those who are kept in a smaller area in the top half of the Atyeo.

6 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Surely let them sell the whole stand. Better atmosphere we make more cash and if we (the other 23,000) can’t out sing them then that’s our poor showing. 

I can see and have sympathy with both sides of the argument. Big away following can spark the home fans- especially those in Dolman A and B plus of course if they can hear them, the South Stand and in particularly the Singing Section.

However it's also a fact of modern UK football that away fans tend to stand and tend to (usually- for games like this) make quite a noise- there's a different approach to home and away fans in the sense of tolerance towards standing etc, deemed easier and more pragmatic basically. For these reasons they usually outsing home fans- not just at AG but at grounds in general. If we can reduce it by 1/3 then that will knock their atmosphere down.

However to turn down 1/3 of the Atyeo for revenue...it's quite brave.

It’s very much a club decision with regards to away allocation however in general away fans previous behaviour inside the concourse, whether they have encroached onto the pitch , and anything which is considered to be a higher risk by the stadium safety officer. is considered. 

As you are aware the front rows have been netted which has so far stopped any pitch incursion but obviously this will also affect the available away seats than can be allocated. 

The away stand will be all away still with the front rows being netted as you have seen. 

I know it’s very general reply but from a police perspective it is the club and the safety officer who decide on allocation , and we then may or may not be requested by them to assist in the policing of the event.

going slightly off topic I am hoping to arrange a presentation type evening where we can present how we police and why at football, and a brief summary of how it all goes hand in hand with a partnership approach with the football club. Not sure if fans would want this but some other forces have done it with success  and great feedback ! 

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not sure it is, looks to be the same for all teams 

I think Cups might have different rules regarding allocations IIRC, but yeah in the League 100% think so too.

@JulieH Would be a progressive initiative IMO. Might add also, if it's possible- and I get it might not be possible and it wouldn't be in your hands- but I believe Reading FC had an initiative called a 'Stewards Forum'. In particular Senior Stewards, Safety Officer, Deputy Safety Officer etc being part of it might help too, help increase mutual understanding etc.

• Admin
1 minute ago, JulieH said:

Going slightly off topic I am hoping to arrange a presentation type evening where we can present how we police and why at football, and a brief summary of how it all goes hand in hand with a partnership approach with the football club. Not sure if fans would want this but some other forces have done it with success  and great feedback ! 

@JulieH Am sure Amanda Jacks would be interested in attending 

44 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Surely let them sell the whole stand. Better atmosphere we make more cash and if we (the other 23,000) can’t out sing them then that’s our poor showing. 

It might be a poor showing but that is the reality of the situation when 4,000 away fans, all stood under the low roof of the Atyeo fronts up against the sanitised sat down environment on the other three sides. An extra 1500 pissed/coked up Brummies will take some policing between the ground and the city centre too.

It costs the club c £45k and thats assuming it doesn't allow any City fans into the Atyeo.

Archived