IGNORED

Aston Villa's Allocation/Sold (Merged)

Never to the dark side

8 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Aston Villa have put out the "SOLD OUT" signs for their fans.

Tickets did not make General Sale

Our club are turning down approx 10,000 pounds because the away allocation is limited to 2,700.

WHY?

Because we can. 

As they’ve done to us at Villa Park the last two years.

**** ‘em.

10 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Our club are turning down approx 10,000 pounds because the away allocation is limited to 2,700.

WHY?

Maybe the same reason they prefer 10,000 empty seats than giving us a decent allocation at VP?

16 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

WHY?

There will inevitably be responses to this along the lines of “serves them right”, “that’s what they gave us” etc.

But I’m not a fan of this tit-for-tat allocation business. I remember a couple of seasons ago we got given around 2,500 and the allocation sold out - meanwhile there were 10,000 empty seats in the home areas. We all moaned about it.

I’d much rather we gave Villa a more substantial allocation on the basis that the favour is returned. Overall there would be no benefit to either side over the two games, and everyone - from both sets of supporters - who wants to attend will be able to. It’s a win for football supporters in a broader sense. Plus both clubs get more revenue and the atmosphere at both games will benefit.

Also if 20,000 of us are worried about 4,000 away supporters - well it’s in our power to do something about that.

I’d apply the same principle to all clubs.

Of course the exception is if home demand requires a section of the Atyeo - like the big cup games last year.

7 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Because we can. 

As they’ve done to us at Villa Park the last two years.

**** ‘em.

As predicted above.

I predict Villa fans will by hook or crook find tickets in home ends- it's not uncommon and with geographical mobility these days, it wouldn't come as a surprise.

How many is a different debate- probably small numbers dotted about here and there..

@Never to the dark side Simply because we're are allocating 10% to all clubs, unless for example a Cup rule dictated differently that's what it will be. It's all about marginal gains, and what we lose financially we may gain in other ways.

Away fans are further away from the pitch, fans are lower in number- just 2 sound reasons. If we were on the edge financially or FFP I'd take a different view, but we aren't so it definitely helps IMO.

The other side of the coin though is that a big away following can spur on home fans and vice versa- all can add to the atmosphere, so it's an interesting debate.

Overall however, think it's more of a help than a hindrance to us.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On Twitter I assume?

Have you a link- if not to the Tweet itself, then to the account?

Apologies if this doesn't work. If not I've had a look through Twitter and it's called AVFCSupport and seems to be their official Ticket Office account.

We will be receiving a further allocation of tickets for our away match Vs Bristol City. We anticipate these to be on sale very soon, so keep checking https://t.co/vHWhLblSAy for availability. Thank you for your fantastic support!

8 minutes ago, Rapax said:

Apologies if this doesn't work. If not I've had a look through Twitter and it's called AVFCSupport and seems to be their official Ticket Office account.

We will be receiving a further allocation of tickets for our away match Vs Bristol City. We anticipate these to be on sale very soon, so keep checking https://t.co/vHWhLblSAy for availability. Thank you for your fantastic support!

Thanks.

Not doubting your post, just a bit surprised because I always assumed 10% of capacity was the League limit this season.

One theory I have, and it's only a theory, is that if there is a such a demand and said demand leads to a risk of groups of Villa fans in home areas then they open up a bit more of the Atyeo to knock this on the head. :dunno:

Could well be. Plus it's extra money. There's only really Villa and Leeds who I think would need more than the 10% anyway.

I don't think there's been any trouble with Villa though? Massive police presence last year mind and these Friday games does tend to see people hitting the beers more.

Just looking at the ticket sales for the game- and lots of space looking close to sold out already- I tend to use E34 as a guide for sales as it never holds any tickets back - unlike lansdown when you're never really sure what is sold vs not on sale- recalling what its like on previous home games then it feels way ahead as there's only 134 left - and I recall seeing it the day before the Sheff U game and there was still 300 or so - given theres a week to go then this suggests a large crowd..

3 hours ago, Brann-red said:

Just looking at the ticket sales for the game- and lots of space looking close to sold out already- I tend to use E34 as a guide for sales as it never holds any tickets back - unlike lansdown when you're never really sure what is sold vs not on sale- recalling what its like on previous home games then it feels way ahead as there's only 134 left - and I recall seeing it the day before the Sheff U game and there was still 300 or so - given theres a week to go then this suggests a large crowd..

Friday night under the lights, big away following, no school the next day, big name opposition, City in the top six, popular returning players....

I think this might even be a sell out.

Looking forward to taking my son to his first night match.

i looked at their allocation on that page. 

So far, we've given 2,600-2,700 to away fans- about 10% or just under of capacity- so why have Villa been given 3,440? Forest too could, probably would, have sold out that?

Won't it give Villa a bit of an advantage to give them a hefty away contingent like that...(yet if it's due to risk of Villa fans in home ends, I can understand it from a safety/segregation POV).

54 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

i looked at their allocation on that page. 

So far, we've given 2,600-2,700 to away fans- about 10% or just under of capacity- so why have Villa been given 3,440? Forest too could, probably would, have sold out that?

Won't it give Villa a bit of an advantage to give them a hefty away contingent like that...(yet if it's due to risk of Villa fans in home ends, I can understand it from a safety/segregation POV).

Wouldn’t of given it to them, they only give us less than 2000 while giving other teams over 2700

2 hours ago, harrys said:

Wouldn’t of given it to them, they only give us less than 2000 while giving other teams over 2700

How much is down to their SAG/WMP however?

Our policy is 10% and 10% it should be- let's also hope it's reciprocal.

However the stuff I said about Villa fans in home ends will also have been a factor- if there is a 10% allocation, but you have Villa fans with memberships or 'BS' postcodes (remember quite a lot of people from Birmingham see to like Weston) then this should also be factored in. Groups of Villa fans in home ends WOULD have caused a security headache, that can't be denied.

Why do we pander to the so called big teams in this league? We never get anything back from them. Oh here, have more than the usual 10% but don't worry, you don't need to do that for us. Come on in, make yourself at home in our comfy Sports Bar even though we know for certain we'd never be allowed in anything like that at yours. Soft as shit we are. Gives them a massive advantage having most of that stand now. 

30 minutes ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

Why do we pander to the so called big teams in this league? We never get anything back from them. Oh here, have more than the usual 10% but don't worry, you don't need to do that for us. Come on in, make yourself at home in our comfy Sports Bar even though we know for certain we'd never be allowed in anything like that at yours. Soft as shit we are. Gives them a massive advantage having most of that stand now. 

Might that be overlooking the risk of Villa fans buying tickets in home ends if there is an allocation of 2,700 though?

In groups I mean- I'm not saying they are a risk to thousands of City fans, what I am suggesting is if that Villa score and groups stand up and celebrate or even if we score and groups are twigged, that risks causing aggravation shall we say- almost certainly.

It could be a case of the club assessing the risks and allocating a bigger allocation to head off this risk- alternatively it's not unheard of for away fans found in home ends to be shifted to the away end, for the sake of public order etc.

On 18/09/2018 at 08:13, Never to the dark side said:

Friday week BS3 area is gonna be very busy place,

with persons not knowing where they are.

Stand by for  Northern accents in the home ends

I live in Birmingham on Sea, so quite used to seeing fat old men in Villa tops. I've taught my dog to nip their ankles as they pass by!

By the way NTTDS, they have Brummie accents. The North is a lot higher up the map.

PS. Thanks for this light hearted thread as a relief from the reality of the Dave Cotterill one.

20 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I live in Birmingham on Sea, so quite used to seeing fat old men in Villa tops. I've taught my dog to nip their ankles as they pass by!

By the way NTTDS, they have Brummie accents. The North is a lot higher up the map.

PS. Thanks for this light hearted thread as a relief from the reality of the Dave Cotterill one.

I can remember far too many years ago in Michaels Fun Pub of a couple getting a slap & then being thrown out the doors!

Archived