IGNORED

The “this time last season” thread (Merged)

Leveller

Given all the discussion of last year’s rollercoaster league form, I thought it might be interesting to track the parallels - or otherwise - this time round in a continuing thread. 

Currently, after a weak start, we have improved and having now played 6 games, have 11 points and are in 6th place.

Last year after 6 games we had 9 points and were 9th (source 11v11.com). So far so good but it’s early days.

Lets see how the comparative positioning changes over the course of the season. Fingers crossed.

28 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Given all the discussion of last year’s rollercoaster league form, I thought it might be interesting to track the parallels - or otherwise - this time round in a continuing thread. 

Currently, after a weak start, we have improved and having now played 6 games, have 11 points and are in 6th place.

Last year after 6 games we had 9 points and were 9th (source 11v11.com). So far so good but it’s early days.

Lets see how the comparative positioning changes over the course of the season. Fingers crossed.

How's this? I can do it periodically if people want it done.

image.png.03c2410ced97df5c10c6d8d6d3a35579.png

19 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

How's this? I can do it periodically if people want it done.

image.png.03c2410ced97df5c10c6d8d6d3a35579.png

Right now, that looks like a great idea! Both the thread and the graph will be less welcome if we slide towards the bottom before December ....

PS - all day on Excel? You posted it half an hour after I started the thread.

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think this topic was recently brought up.......the comparisons were spooky......

Talking of spooky comparisons, Watford currently have the identical record that Leicester City had at this stage of the season when they won the premier league - identical in terms of games played, wins, points, goals scored, goals conceded, etc....get yer money on the Hornets to win the premier league in 2019.....as @Coombsy would say, “it’s a done deal” - but, then again, he or she is ALWAYS wrong....keep yer money safe and spend it on real ale I say....

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Talking of spooky comparisons, Watford currently have the identical record that Leicester City had at this stage of the season when they won the premier league - identical in terms of games played, wins, points, goals scored, goals conceded, etc....get yer money on the Hornets to win the premier league in 2019.....as @Coombsy would say, “it’s a done deal” - but, then again, he or she is ALWAYS wrong....keep yer money safe and spend it on cider I would say.......

Slight amendment.

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A cool amendment James which I fully support, but remember, even our hero Adge Cutler wasn’t a fan of cider, he drank red wine...bless him...

He got the taste for red wine whilst living in a Spain drinking Rioja and he became fluent in the language. 

10 hours ago, Leveller said:

Be really interesting come the next international break which is in November after we play Preston. That will be 17 matches in, last season we were 4th with 31 points after 17 games. Would be fantastic to match that … tbh I'd be amazed if we did, but who knows...

37 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Be really interesting come the next international break which is in November after we play Preston. That will be 17 matches in, last season we were 4th with 31 points after 17 games. Would be fantastic to match that … tbh I'd be amazed if we did, but who knows...

Isn’t there an international break in October..?

14 hours ago, Leveller said:

Right now, that looks like a great idea! Both the thread and the graph will be less welcome if we slide towards the bottom before December ....

To be fair, it does take a day to choose the right graph type and then colour schemes. ;)

Wait until someone decides this needs a PowerPoint presentation. That's when the real work starts. So much embossing and shadowing!!!!

14 hours ago, Leveller said:

Operational statistics Leveller, from people who have far too much time, ie Management! :me?:

On 07/09/2018 at 22:25, BS4 on Tour... said:

Talking of spooky comparisons, Watford currently have the identical record that Leicester City had at this stage of the season when they won the premier league - identical in terms of games played, wins, points, goals scored, goals conceded, etc....get yer money on the Hornets to win the premier league in 2019.....as @Coombsy would say, “it’s a done deal” - but, then again, he or she is ALWAYS wrong....keep yer money safe and spend it on real ale I say....

They also have an identical win-draw-loss record from the previous season ?

Archived