IGNORED

The “this time last season” thread (Merged)

Leveller

42 minutes ago, Leveller said:

How about, as well as a points/games graph, there was a league position/games one too? Showing the league position trending through the seasons?

My company charge a day rate of £875+VAT for this kind of work. I am sure @Ska Junkie would be only too pleased if you all chipped in at some point. :)

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

My company charge a day rate of £875+VAT for this kind of work. I am sure @Ska Junkie would be only too pleased if you all chipped in at some point. :)

It’s very complex I know. So complex I could do it with a pencil and a ruler for about £2 an hour and that would set you back about 50p!

On 16/09/2018 at 06:59, CyderInACan said:

Needs a league position axis too. I always liked the one from the promotion season under Cotts, the best flatliner you’ll ever see. 

On 16/09/2018 at 07:01, Tom Fleuriot said:

I'd like that blue line to be a colour other than blue...

Your wish is my command gents. I couldn't be arsed to check our previous league positions so started from Saturday.

image.png.90a3836513fa1ad79b12c8d8e87e7342.png

This time last season, after ten games, the four play-off teams were all outside the top six:

Aston Villa were 8th, Middlesbrough 9th, Fulham 11th and no-one's Derby County 15th. 

This time last season, the gap between top (Cardiff) and 14th (QPR) was ten points. This season, the gap between top and 14th after ten games is five points.

What does this tell us? No, I don't know either.

4 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

This time last season, after ten games, the four play-off teams were all outside the top six:

Aston Villa were 8th, Middlesbrough 9th, Fulham 11th and no-one's Derby County 15th. 

This time last season, the gap between top (Cardiff) and 14th (QPR) was ten points. This season, the gap between top and 14th after ten games is five points.

Like that “no-one’s Derby County” ?

3 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Good stat - tighter than ever league this season.

On 18/09/2018 at 22:34, Ska Junkie said:

Updated. FYI, we beat Derby 4-1 in the 8th league game last season.

image.thumb.png.f362a12b190a46554b007b2f38a02e21.png

Is everyone happy with this format or am I wasting my time? 

Looks good, could you add last years League position for comparison too ?

Also if we have a really good season, 80 points and top spot would make this a really tall graph ;)

On 30/09/2018 at 23:50, Leveller said:

After 10 games last season we had 17 points and were 7th. After 11 we had 20 and had jumped to 4th.

This season, after 11 we have sixteen points and are tenth - falling behind last season’s good spell.

Archived