IGNORED

Boring Saturday

wendyredredrobin

8 minutes ago, BerkeleyBAred said:

Taking in the Div 2 Forest Green v Port Vale..... The weekend isn’t complete without live football. Find it quite surreal that the football league is played here...in what is no more than a medium sized village in the middle of nowhere. It’s a bit different to Vale Park, Burslem...

Been there a few times, not for a while though. Good passionate fans, if relatively few in number

Nip in to the Village Inn if you've got time, great little pub.

2 hours ago, Unan said:

Sags vs Muff on Sky red button apparently, some loophole due to no EFL games on today?

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Watching that - could be a good day - will certainly be shit yet laughable viewing

Nothing on my Virgin feed, worked with the Championship last time.

12 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So Taylor-Moore and McCoulsky on bench for Southend. I appreciate its a step up from Newport and Cheltenham but surely they need to be playing most games?

Particularly since young Shawn scored twice in his last game.

Having said that Chris Powell is a good manager so I`ll defer to his judgement this time I think. It may just be that Shawn has a knock and he didn`t fancy TM against Posh - they are pretty physical and have some good strikers. Must have been a bit of a gutting result for Southend, went 2 down, got it back to 2-2 and toney got the winner in the 87th.

As an aside, one of Southend`s goals was scored by an ex loanee of ours, Stephen McLaughlin.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Excellent away win for Chippenham at Torquay today. They’ve fallen so far.

I honestly think Torquay are sleepwalking towards oblivion. Their hearts just aren`t in it any more - realistically they should be walking that league and, with all due respect to Chippenham, should be winning games like this easily.

Just watched Oldham v Newport. Awful game of football...truly terrible. Bakinson a spectator for a lot of the game with long balls from both teams being hit over him. 

When he did get on the ball he was generally disappointing when in midfield. Oldham closed him down quickly and he often gave the ball away. 

When he made forward runs and received the ball closer to goal, he was much more effective. Looks like a better number 10 than an 8 or 6.

One of those occasions he received the ball around edge of the box and slotted home nicely with his left foot. Good finish. 

He then did a decent job defending with the rest of the Newport team. Reminded me of JET at times with his languid style. Overall an average display but proved to be the match winner. Glimmers of play where you can see he will he a very good player though.

33 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So Taylor-Moore and McCoulsky on bench for Southend. I appreciate its a step up from Newport and Cheltenham but surely they need to be playing most games?

Especially as Shawn scored 2 in midweek....................and.......Congrats to Tareeq for scoring the winning [only] goal today.

14 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Not bad James....2-0 to manor farm even tho they were down to 10 just after ht thanks to a headbutt.....sodbury huffed n puffed after that but didnt really trouble....all in all a good afternoon for £6

Thats another £6k or so in the bank (for Farm, not me sadly).

Would be nice if they get a home draw for the next round.

FWIW, I had a cracking day at the egg chasing, a few beers with a couple of friends, a game of 2 halves, a fire and I didn't get wet.

Some of the Bath fans are right arrogant arseholes though! One of the Gloucester players tackled a gert mahoosive Bath player, Cockanasiga, and everyone in the ground heard a 'crack'. After about 10 minutes of treatment (the poor bloke, Sharples?? looked in trouble) some gobby bitch shouted 'get that piece of crap off our pitch', classy eh!! :no:

On 08/09/2018 at 16:15, Major Isewater said:

Not boring at all . We have a Bosch front loading washing machine and me and the dogs have been watching it for the last half hour .

I might even put some washing in it in a bit .

:yes:

We have a Bosch washer as well,  but I never watch it,  as it is in Estonian and doesn't have English subtitles! even the RB commentary is better!

Archived