IGNORED

Anyone go to a non league game today ?

Ashtonwurzel

Chipping sodbury Vs Bristol manor farm.

the farmy army won relatively comfortably scoring 2 first half goals, which were both built up well.

movement on the right hand side for the first allowing striker to dip in and smash beyond the keeper.

second was a back to front goal, keeper received the Ball played out to full back who flicked into middle of park, was nodded onto striker who held Ball well with back to goal and brang the other into play to slot in.

second half was quiet few half hearted attempts from sodbury but came to nothing, grew back into the game after an atrocious headbutt that lead to a red for farms number 5.

cracked the sodbury players skull open and had to be subbed as was so bad.

but in the end they saw it out. Chipping sodbury 0 Bristol manor farm 2 meaning farm into the hat for the next qualifying round 

Paulton v Basingstoke in the FA Cup for me. One all draw meaning replay on Tuesday night. Two cracking goals, there's a 20 harder that pinged in off the far post and Paulton a 25 harder into the top corner from the left back. Paulton had two very good chances late on to win it, which they probably just about deserved to. Against a team doing well at the level above it was a decent performance building on the win against the not so mighty Mangos last week.

9 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Paulton v Basingstoke in the FA Cup for me. One all draw meaning replay on Tuesday night. Two cracking goals, there's a 20 harder that pinged in off the far post and Paulton a 25 harder into the top corner from the left back. Paulton had two very good chances late on to win it, which they probably just about deserved to. Against a team doing well at the level above it was a decent performance building on the win against the not so mighty Mangos last week.

That’s quite a result for Paulton isn’t it? Basingstoke quite a few levels up I believe?

Edit. Sorry just read your post properly. Basingstoke one level above

1 hour ago, MrBibs said:

That’s quite a result for Paulton isn’t it? Basingstoke quite a few levels up I believe?

Edit. Sorry just read your post properly. Basingstoke one level above

Yes Basingstoke are one league up and drew with Taunton the otherweek. Paulton are one of those teams who tend to over perform in the cup competitions. They got to Somerset Premier Cup final last season and were two nil up against Weston (two leagues above) before running out of steam and losing 3-2.

11 hours ago, PeterStyvarsRightFoot said:

Chipping sodbury Vs Bristol manor farm.

the farmy army won relatively comfortably scoring 2 first half goals, which were both built up well.

movement on the right hand side for the first allowing striker to dip in and smash beyond the keeper.

second was a back to front goal, keeper received the Ball played out to full back who flicked into middle of park, was nodded onto striker who held Ball well with back to goal and brang the other into play to slot in.

second half was quiet few half hearted attempts from sodbury but came to nothing, grew back into the game after an atrocious headbutt that lead to a red for farms number 5.

cracked the sodbury players skull open and had to be subbed as was so bad.

but in the end they saw it out. Chipping sodbury 0 Bristol manor farm 2 meaning farm into the hat for the next qualifying round 

My nephew foolishly done the same thing, the player pressed charges and he got a £1300 Court fine, 150 hours community service (never been in trouble with the law before) £150 fine from the County FA and a 3 year ban from all football, all this after never being sent off in his life before,  wonder what this guy will get?

26 minutes ago, harrys said:

My nephew foolishly done the same thing, the player pressed charges and he got a £1300 Court fine, 150 hours community service (never been in trouble with the law before) £150 fine from the County FA and a 3 year ban from all football, all this after never being sent off in his life before,  wonder what this guy will get?

Going back a few years, a Barrow player got 4 months inside for breaking the jaw of a Rovers player during an FA Cup tie.

I saw Thornbury Town beat Clanford 85 3-2. Just as I walked in Clanford scored from a corner. Then 10 mins later Thornbury crossed it deep, the striker volleys it, it hits near enough every opposition player before crossing the line. The cheeky beggar tried to claim it as well!

Clanford were lucky not to be reduced to 10 men, there CB seemed to push Thornburys striker in the face in a coming together but the red deemed it as a yellow. Just after half time Clanford took the lead with a goal ever so similar to first. Then about 75 mins in Thornbury bought on a striker who looked very good! Brilliant movement and knew the game. He grabs the assist for the equaliser then his cross again caused a goal mouth scramble for Thornbury to fire home a winner in the 90’ minute. 

I have to admit I didn’t realise how well Thornbury are doing, got promoted last year, installed a stand and floodlights and have won 2 lost 1 (against top who’ve won every game). Might keep an eye on them as they are in the Hellenic League so it might be a bit easier for them to climb the football ladder

11 hours ago, harrys said:

That’s bad! Really does make you wonder what sort of things you must go through in your own head after it’s happened, only ever been sent off once and that was for swearing at the referee , luckily I didn’t get fined as he left it out of the match report as I apologised to him at the end of the game and explained why I got so heated!

learnt never to do it again after that.

5 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I saw Thornbury Town beat Clanford 85 3-2. Just as I walked in Clanford scored from a corner. Then 10 mins later Thornbury crossed it deep, the striker volleys it, it hits near enough every opposition player before crossing the line. The cheeky beggar tried to claim it as well!

Clanford were lucky not to be reduced to 10 men, there CB seemed to push Thornburys striker in the face in a coming together but the red deemed it as a yellow. Just after half time Clanford took the lead with a goal ever so similar to first. Then about 75 mins in Thornbury bought on a striker who looked very good! Brilliant movement and knew the game. He grabs the assist for the equaliser then his cross again caused a goal mouth scramble for Thornbury to fire home a winner in the 90’ minute. 

I have to admit I didn’t realise how well Thornbury are doing, got promoted last year, installed a stand and floodlights and have won 2 lost 1 (against top who’ve won every game). Might keep an eye on them as they are in the Hellenic League so it might be a bit easier for them to climb the football ladder

Up the Thorns.

Glad you enjoyed the game! Hope you enjoyed the programme too! (I'm the programme editor haha)

Archived