IGNORED

3 games in a week....

JackiDziekanowski

Saturday v Sheff Utd (home)

Tuesday v West Brom (away)

Friday v Wigan (away)

To me this looks ridiculously hard, ok we'll be nicely rested for the home encounter against S.Utd - but how good did they look v Villa! Then up to the Hawthorns which is hardly a happy hunting ground for us - plus west brom will have had an extra day rested (they are playing on Friday night v Brum).

This is followed by the big trek to Wigan which is live on sky Friday night, a big ask after an away day just 3 nights before (Wigan play on Tuesday also but at home v hull).

What do we think we'll get out of these next 3 games?

Let’s hope firstly that all our players return from international duty injury free.

Much as I'm not a fan of tinkering, I do accept that this season the squad has been recruited to allow this....and 3 games in 6 days will test that out.  I do think LJ needs to think more about the game coming up, rather than the one after.  Pick the players best suited to the game ahead, get the 3 points (hopefully), and then think about the next game.

For example, plan to play Taylor v Sheffield and Diedhiou v Wigan, but Taylor scores a couple and is not tired.  Best laid plans and all that.  Players will pick up knocks, or just have a bad game.  

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Let’s hope firstly that all our players return from international duty injury free.

Much as I'm not a fan of tinkering, I do accept that this season the squad has been recruited to allow this....and 3 games in 6 days will test that out.  I do think LJ needs to think more about the game coming up, rather than the one after.  Pick the players best suited to the game ahead, get the 3 points (hopefully), and then think about the next game.

For example, plan to play Taylor v Sheffield and Diedhiou v Wigan, but Taylor scores a couple and is not tired.  Best laid plans and all that.  Players will pick up knocks, or just have a bad game.  

The next game is the most important. Agree with you, pick strongest side for that and only look at WBA and Wigan after that. Don't be afraid to use younger ones at Wigan.

I expect Pisano, Walsh, and O'Dowda will get either West Bromwich or Wigan.

Kalas has been feeling the pace so Wright might play the West Bromwich game.

LJ said that Watkins is more suited to away games so he might miss Sheffield Utd and then come back in.

Rotation up front will be fine.

Elliason, Kelly and Brownhill will be fine with three games. Rest Pack for the middle one. 

Me too, a lot of teams  that have been the outsiders won the promotion withy worse budget and players. Why the faith to not be with you and  with a lot of work and luck to do that. Cardiff for example. We just need to be more pragmatic, our boys are like childrends sometimes, they have three zero and they search for the fourth goal like it is zero zero. 

20 hours ago, mozo said:

I expect Pisano, Walsh, and O'Dowda will get either West Bromwich or Wigan.

Kalas has been feeling the pace so Wright might play the West Bromwich game.

LJ said that Watkins is more suited to away games so he might miss Sheffield Utd and then come back in.

Rotation up front will be fine.

Elliason, Kelly and Brownhill will be fine with three games. Rest Pack for the middle one. 

I'm just curious... what makes you think Kalas has been feeling the pace??

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Exactly.

If anything Kalas needs as much game time as possible to build more match fitness, as LJ said that he's only at about 80-90% at the moment.

Thats my point... hes played majority of games for Fulham in the last two years (Bar suspension)... Hes fully used to the championship pace... probably more than majority of the squad. 

Since he has come in we have looked much much more stable at the back. Resting him for Wright would be a bad decision unless he really needs to.

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

I can only think LJ or Kalas himself have said as much, in which case I've missed it. 

No sign of it from his displays.

I did just go over the interviews from Blackburn... so agreed unless its something I have also missed then i have no idea why he would feel the pace. 

Personally if hes playing at 80/90% at the moment like that.. then hes gonna be one hell of a player at 100%. 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

LJ did say something about him running empty in latter parts of games - just a case of match fitness / tuning Id think

Fair enough, but having completed the full 90 minutes for the Czech Republic last week he's presumably getting fitter all the time.

I'd be very surprised if he's rested in the near future.

Archived