Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Never to the dark side

Joe Bryan on Football focus

Recommended Posts

He’s obviously a bright guy - came over really well. 

Said he couldn’t turn down an opportunity to play in the PL and said that he couldn’t be true to himself if he’d accepted Scotland’s requast to play for them. He’d really like to play for England.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He’s obviously a bright guy - came over really well. 

Said he couldn’t turn down an opportunity to play in the PL and said that he couldn’t be true to himself if he’d accepted Scotland’s requast to play for them. He’d really like to play for England.

Born and raised as an Englishman. The ability to play for a another country because your grandparent(s) came from there is ridiculous.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He’s obviously a bright guy - came over really well. 

Said he couldn’t turn down an opportunity to play in the PL and said that he couldn’t be true to himself if he’d accepted Scotland’s requast to play for them. He’d really like to play for England.

I genuinely think he will play for England in the not too distant future 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, daored said:

I genuinely think he will play for England in the not too distant future 

I don’t...I think he will struggle to hold a place down at Fulham let alone play for england

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, daored said:

I genuinely think he will play for England in the not too distant future 

The position he plays has a lot of quite average players ahead of him. Unless Shaw stays fit then Bryan may get a chance. But he'll need to put in a string of blinding performances for Fulham first. A few thunderbolts from the left peg would help I'm sure.

Edit: benched today though

Edited by ExiledAjax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I don’t...I think he will struggle to hold a place down at Fulham let alone play for england

England's wing back system would suit him, Fulham fans seemed surprised when he was left out of their team saying he'd played well. Given the other options for England at LB I wouldn't be surprised to see Joe feature in a friendly to see how he copes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The position he plays has a lot of quite average players ahead of him. Unless Shaw stays fit then Bryan may get a chance. But he'll need to put in a string of blinding performances for Fulham first. A few thunderbolts from the left peg would help I'm sure.

Yep, think Bryan could get a token England game or two, but probably won't be a starting regular.

There's a lack of truly established LBs for England to choose from.

Rose, Baines, Bertrand all ahead of Bryan IMO, plus Delph and Young despite neither being natural LBs.

Gibbs has played there for England before, but being in the Championship now probably puts Bryan ahead of him.

Charlie Daniels and Charlie Taylor probably at a similar level to Bryan in the pecking order, possibly slightly ahead of him.

Young is in his 30s now, Baines too.

A good season with Fulham and he could be 4th/5th choice, all it takes then is an injury to be called up to the squad, and from there who knows.

 

Main question really is whether Sessengnon will continue to play a more advanced role or go back to playing LB

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yep, think Bryan could get a token England game or two, but probably won't be a starting regular.

There's a lack of truly established LBs for England to choose from.

Rose, Baines, Bertrand all ahead of Bryan IMO, plus Delph and Young despite neither being natural LBs.

Gibbs has played there for England before, but being in the Championship now probably puts Bryan ahead of him.

Charlie Daniels and Charlie Taylor probably at a similar level to Bryan in the pecking order, possibly slightly ahead of him.

Young is in his 30s now, Baines too.

A good season with Fulham and he could be 4th/5th choice, all it takes then is an injury to be called up to the squad, and from there who knows.

 

Main question really is whether Sessengnon will continue to play a more advanced role or go back to playing LB

Cresswell, Gibbs too?

Kelly???

Edited by Davefevs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hodge said:

England's wing back system would suit him, Fulham fans seemed surprised when he was left out of their team saying he'd played well. Given the other options for England at LB I wouldn't be surprised to see Joe feature in a friendly to see how he copes.

Rose/trippier/chilwell/sessegnon/shaw/joe Bennett/dummett

nah he will be a bit part player for Fulham and not get anywhere near England imo

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

Rose/trippier/chilwell/sessegnon/shaw/joe Bennett/dummett

nah he will be a bit part player for Fulham and not get anywhere near England imo

Bertrand/creswell/ baines as mentioned above also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Cresswell, Gibbs too?

Kelly???

Did mention Gibbs, missed Cresswell, and also Chilwell.

Dont think Kelly would be ahead of Bryan in Southgates mind at this point in time.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Did mention Gibbs, missed Cresswell, and also Chilwell.

Dont think Kelly would be ahead of Bryan in Southgates mind at this point in time.

I don’t think we have any top LBs, but there are a big number of English ones

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Rose/trippier/chilwell/sessegnon/shaw/joe Bennett/dummett

nah he will be a bit part player for Fulham and not get anywhere near England imo

Bertrand/creswell/ baines as mentioned above also

Don't think we'd swap Trippier over from RB if it were a friendly, only for a competitive game. Rose yes, Chilwell yes at the moment but form over season could change that, Shaw yes. Sessegnon depends how Southgate would want to utilise him, plays LW for Fulham and rarely at LB anymore, barely played there last season. Cresswell would come down to form again, Bennett and Dummett wouldn't place ahead and again would come down to form. Bertrand is an interesting one, similar age to Rose etc so behind them I'd say and would rely on them being injured whereas Joe may get a look for being younger. Baines too old and think Southgate would look to future, think that will apply to Young soon as well. So really only Young atm, Rose, Shaw and Chilwell would I say are definites ahead and the rest come down to form at the time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think we have any top LBs, but there are a big number of English ones

Yeah there's quite a few, but behind the first few (Rose, Shaw, Trippier) I don't think there's anyone who's really a cut above Bryan. Young and Baines more established, but both 33/34 so Southgate should be starting to look past them now, Delph not a natural LB either.

 

I'm trying not to get carried away with Kelly, really rate the lad, and though LJ and the England youth coaches see him as a future CB, I can't help thinking his pace will be wasted there.

However I will concede that they may know a little more about Lloyd and football than I do.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Rose/trippier/chilwell/sessegnon/shaw/joe Bennett/dummett

nah he will be a bit part player for Fulham and not get anywhere near England imo

Bertrand/creswell/ baines as mentioned above also

Paul Dummett has 3 caps for Wales.

Kieran Trippier is a right back.

Would you ACTUALLY pick Joe Bennett or Aaron Cresswell for City, let alone England? 

Apart from that...

Edited by Paddy31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen the 3 Man City goals from today and all came from the left back area or areas the left back should have been covering. Not saying JB would have stopped them, but he wouldn't have done worse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...