IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Utd Match Day 7

Septic Peg

Hiya guys! It's me! The 5th best girl on OTIB and Marlon Pack's official stalker...

A short one today as good things come in small packages. I'm 5ft 3 so I can back this notion.

Yorkshire is home not only to Hovis, flat caps and Whippets. Nope. It's home to arguably the most congested football county outside of London. Barnsley, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and our visitors all stem from "oop north".

But Sheffield's most underrated product is, in my opinion, the Full Monty.

A film about half a dozen fellas on the dole, whom decide to take their clobber off for the local lasses in order to make a few quid. The film itself wasn't a high fancy Hollywood production and that's why it took off. Filmed pretty much entirely on location in Sheffield, the realism of 90s Britain screams through it. The neglect of town centres, the cheap thrills, the decay of a once booming industry now rotting quietly.

The film placed Sheffield bang on the map and nowadays, it's been dragged into the 21st century with much regeneration. So much so, it's now suggested that Sheffield is the fastest growing city outside of London...

On to today.

Sheffield Utd came up last season and gave everyone a bit of shock when they danced around the top half of the table. Not unlike a certain Bristolian club that was promoted from L1 and was in the PO final the following season...

We've had an international break so all our lads will have been out down Motion on the razz. We'll be crap. £10 to the correct time we get the first "Johnson Out". I'm saying 71 mins when Sheffield's 3rd goes in.

3-1 to the visitors. Prove me wrong.

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Well @Septic Peg we’ve learned what we all expected - you like looking at men taking their clothes off. Say no more!

I might be a happily married woman but I can window shop can't I? Look but don't touch is my rule. Try not to drool.

I can appreciate the fine form of curvaceous glutes and a sculpted pectoral area. 

Tough, tough game this and a good barometer for us. The Blades look a very strong outfit this year and have, as mentioned above, bought well during the summer. I fully expect them to be a genuine challenger for the top 6 and they should aspire to that. If we have the same aspirations, we need to be competing with the better sides.

I go with my heart and plump for a hard fought Desmond. Maybe we're a better side than we realise eh. 

2-2.

If we are serious about a top 6 spot then we really need to be doing well at home to teams like Sheffield United. A win or a draw at the very least.

We have a settled team and im wondering if Fam will start or be a super sub. I think MT deserves to keep his place for now and Fam can make an impact from the bench if needed. If he starts then we have no impact sub really.

We've had some memorable clashes with Sheff Utd down the years, some good, some bad, some completely bonkers (that game in the late 1980s with running battles along the front of the Dolman springs to mind). Recently it seems to be one of those fixtures when the away side comes out on top. Hopefully not today. 

Tough game. I reckon a draw.

Good afternoon all!  Great to have Saturday football back again, a bit worried about being turned over today by a team still on a high after promotion, however we are on a high as well.  What also worries me is the attitude after the international break, let's hope the boys come out with all guns blazing and sort them out before HT.  So start with MT and bring on FD if needed or later on if winning.  My prediction is a score draw.  COYR's

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Hiya guys! It's me! The 5th best girl on OTIB and Marlon Pack's official stalker...

A short one today as good things come in small packages. I'm 5ft 3 so I can back this notion.

Yorkshire is home not only to Hovis, flat caps and Whippets. Nope. It's home to arguably the most congested football county outside of London. Barnsley, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and our visitors all stem from "oop north".

But Sheffield's most underrated product is, in my opinion, the Full Monty.

A film about half a dozen fellas on the dole, whom decide to take their clobber off for the local lasses in order to make a few quid. The film itself wasn't a high fancy Hollywood production and that's why it took off. Filmed pretty much entirely on location in Sheffield, the realism of 90s Britain screams through it. The neglect of town centres, the cheap thrills, the decay of a once booming industry now rotting quietly.

The film placed Sheffield bang on the map and nowadays, it's been dragged into the 21st century with much regeneration. So much so, it's now suggested that Sheffield is the fastest growing city outside of London...

On to today.

Sheffield Utd came up last season and gave everyone a bit of shock when they danced around the top half of the table. Not unlike a certain Bristolian club that was promoted from L1 and was in the PO final the following season...

We've had an international break so all our lads will have been out down Motion on the razz. We'll be crap. £10 to the correct time we get the first "Johnson Out". I'm saying 71 mins when Sheffield's 3rd goes in.

3-1 to the visitors. Prove me wrong.

Condensed Version

Sheffield United:

Pegs a short arse and a trollop !!

Archived