IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Utd Match Day 7

Septic Peg

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

In all honesty, I think we were a tad fortunate not to go into half time behind, again, but were the better side in the second period.

Did we deserve to win? I genuinely don't care if we did or not but we did so happy days!

Well done boys! :clap:

Scored one more than them, so that's a yes from me.

Very very good win. First half we started ok but then they got a grip of the midfield and we weren't determined enough going forward. In the second half we looked stronger as the game went on and deserved our goal. Defensively we were solid. Four wins in a row and a victory after the international break. Good stuff.

Great win but we looked better without DaSilva on the pitch - he wasn't poor but didn't make much of the chances he did have with the ball in the final third.

I think it will be difficult to keep him and Chelsea happy if Kelly continues to impress.

So great to put his last performance against Sheffield United to bed - thought it was his best home game this season.

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And poor ole Frank Lampard lost his cool and got sent off (as did  Tom Lawrence for a scandalous challenge) as they lost 1-0 at Rotherham

(Check out Morsbys sending off for Wigan at Brentford too !!!

Ouch !! )

If he gets a 3 game touchline ban, will Frank Lampard's Derby revert to their former name of 'Derby County'? 

Albeit as a temporary rebrand.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

If he gets a 3 game touchline ban, will Frank Lampard's Derby revert to their former name of 'Derby County'? 

Albeit as a temporary rebrand.

Frank’s in the stands Derby County.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Couple of nasty challenges late on, and one shocker on Callum that was borderline red card.

It wasn't a shocker as it was never going to hurt him, it was just a cynical taking out - about their third or fourth in the game.  There were some hard tackles from both teams, no issue with that from me, but some of their behaviour was cynical at times.

4 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Massive win. 1 conceded in 4 games. 4 in a row. THIS is the form we need to have the whole season, no excuses. 

You want us to go the whole season winning 4 in a row - ie, we’ll win every game for the rest of the season while conceding only 1 goal every 4 games?! No pressure then.....good luck to the chaps! And you’ll accept ‘no excuses’ ?! Even more good luck chaps!

19 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Not true .

He backed in and made it difficult for his opponent but I don't remember one clean header that he won against much bigger players.

I thought he did ok and believe he has much more to come.

I'm with @Drew Peacock, I clearly remember seeing him win 2 or 3 and being quite surprised that he had done so. 

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You want us to go the whole season winning 4 in a row - ie, we’ll win every game for the rest of the season while conceding only 1 goal every 4 games?! No pressure then.....good luck to the chaps! And you’ll accept ‘no excuses’ ?! Even more good luck chaps!

The 2nd half of last season was a joke. One huge failure after the great first half, it shouldn't have happened. So yes I want the form we are on now replicated the whole season. No not wins in a row all the time but top 6 form but not like 4 wins in 22!

15 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

LJ's plan wasn't it according to the post match interview. Apologised for the tempo of the first half but wanted to contain Sheffield United . 

Was my thoughts while watching the game, both teams were alot slower than usual, wondered if it was down to both managers tactically. Certainly didn't have our usual zest but that explains it.

Archived