IGNORED

An Apology

LondonBristolian

10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

A few weeks ago I suggested we lacked direction, there were no signs of improvement and Lee Johnson should go. I was wrong and I am sorry.

I am however pleased to be wrong.

COYR!!!!

Lee will take some credit from me as well today but I just wish he wouldn’t set up teams to stop the opposition rather than try to win the game but credit where it’s due he changed it so fair play 

40 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

As a Johnson out man even I have to say well done,

the change in tactics in the second half won the game,

I would argue his tactics throughout won us the game. We matched them up to let them huff and puff, then went for the jugular. Classic Rope a Dope. :)

*edit* At the risk of blowing my own trumpet, I have just listened to LJ's interview on RB, where he has confirmed that this was his intention all along. ?

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

A few weeks ago I suggested we lacked direction, there were no signs of improvement and Lee Johnson should go. I was wrong and I am sorry.

COYR!!!!

Where as I agree and the last few games have been excellent....I'll probably refrain from hiring the open top bus just yet 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I would argue his tactics throughout won us the game. We matched them up to let them huff and puff, then went for the jugular. Classic Rope a Dope. :)

*edit* At the risk of blowing my own trumpet, I have just listened to LJ's interview on RB, where he has confirmed that this was his intention all along. ?

Exactly, it was all part of the tactics as part    of the plan for the entire game. 

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Lee will take some credit from me as well today but I just wish he wouldn’t set up teams to stop the opposition rather than try to win the game but credit where it’s due he changed it so fair play 

I think what Johnson did today was bordering on genius. He set out to stifle Sheffield Utd for an hour, even if it bored everyone to death, with the deliberate intention of releasing the subs and winning the game.  

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

COYR!!!!

I was in your camp mate but am starting to see things a bit differently now. However, we were quite within our rights to demand action after the second half of last season which continued to the first 3 games of this season. But looks like things are finally coming good which is great but if things start going downwards.......

What has changed so much in the space of four games? At least have the courage of your conviction if you're going to say something in the first place. This run is very encouraging, but we all know how capable this squad is of nosediving. If we can avoid that for the first season since LJ came in, then you were wrong.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Suggesting a manager should be sacked after 3 wins in 20 is perfectly valid

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

I was in your camp mate but am starting to see things a bit differently now. However, we were quite within our rights to demand action after the second half of last season which continued to the first 3 games of this season. But looks like things are finally coming good which is great but if things start going downwards.......

The first three games of this season, have to go down to the changes in the squad, psychologically at the very least, we were going to miss 3 players who have been touchstones in our last 3 or 4 seasons, then we lost Korey, Fam and Frankie as well. On top of that we had a few new boys and players making the step up into regular first team duty, it was not a surprise that we started a little slowly.

As Johnson has said, our form slipped last season when our defence started to tire and as we are an attacking minded team we rely on the defence to do a lot of work. He said in his interview on RB last Monday that he was always looking to spend the majority of his budget on the defence, and we looked so much stronger today. Of course Sheff Utd created chances and we were probably lucky that they fell to McGoldrick rather than Sharp, but every team in this division has the ability to create chances, let alone one in the top 6. Considering how they normally play and how much of the ball they had, we stifled them pretty well. 
To me this shows that we have a manager who is willing to analyse and learn from his mistakes and adapt accordingly, I hope he stays for a long time, because I think we will go places if he does.

20 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I think what Johnson did today was bordering on genius. He set out to stifle Sheffield Utd for an hour, even if it bored everyone to death, with the deliberate intention of releasing the subs and winning the game.  

Slight exaggeration there DP.

LJ set the wrong formation to start with and consequently the Blades bossed the game, particularly in the midfield but at ht he changed the set up.

He made the substitutes around the same time he usually does - with around the 65/70 min. That gives them enough time to change the game and today it worked perfectly 

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Slight exaggeration there DP.

LJ set the wrong formation to start with and consequently the Blades bossed the game, particularly in the midfield but at ht he changed the set up.

He made the substitutes around the same time he usually does - with around the 65/70 min. That gives them enough time to change the game and today it worked perfectly 

It’s bizarre how many people now think it was his masterplan 

17 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

What has changed so much in the space of four games? At least have the courage of your conviction if you're going to say something in the first place. This run is very encouraging, but we all know how capable this squad is of nosediving. If we can avoid that for the first season since LJ came in, then you were wrong.

With respect...............the nose-dive squad of last season has had a significant change of personnel, and so the comparison is not altogether accurate.

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

With respect...............the nose-dive squad of last season has had a significant change of personnel, and so the comparison is not altogether accurate.

To a degree, 6 new signings who have been regular first-teamers so far... and we had four at this time last season. And LJ's record of wild runs goes back before he came to City. Don't mean to be on a massive downer but isn't it too soon to be saying all is forgiven?

27 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Confidence is growing, that’s what changed

I do think he set us wrong and let’s be honest, poor finishing meant we were level at half time. The subs at least changed the game and last half an hour was good. 

Sheff Utd are a decent outfit so that’s a good win. 

My concerns remain long term with LJ and bad runs. His last one lasted 28 games or something?! He does however ride the wave of a good run. 

5 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I do think he set us wrong and let’s be honest, poor finishing meant we were level at half time. The subs at least changed the game and last half an hour was good. 

My concerns remain long term with LJ and bad runs. His last one lasted 28 games or something?! He does however ride the wave of a good run. 

If we are going to hold him accountable for the poor runs (and I think he is responsible as much as the players) then we have to give him credit for the good runs. You never know if he's fixed the long bad streaks - the fact he has been given another chance means he has a better chance this time.

7 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Seconded! 

Archived