IGNORED

An Apology

LondonBristolian

Just now, Monkeh said:

No not you robbo I find you amusing sometimes 

Glad to hear it.

I will challenge your view on LJ tho.......Personally I’ve always been neutral with regard to him but am beginning to see that he definitely has qualities that at first weren’t easy to see but obviously SL saw them before any of us.

Yesterday was a perfect example of what a deep thinker he is. He got it spot on and let’s hope he can repeat it at the Hawthorns on Tuesday night.

19 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Lee will take some credit from me as well today but I just wish he wouldn’t set up teams to stop the opposition rather than try to win the game but credit where it’s due he changed it so fair play 

Sometimes you need to though.

When you're up against a good side as they are, plus an unusual system that's hard to play against you need to consider making adjustments IMO.

Personally think Taylor and Weimann as a pair would have sufficed- certainly did before the game- but the game to me was in 3 phases: 1)We stifled somewhat 2) We began to counter then attack more 3) We went on the attack, took over somewhat last half hour.

If it was his plan, it worked a treat- but then again had Sheffield United scored in their period of pressure first half not sure we'd have got the win, perhaps not even a draw.

14 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Well as I have also already said tonight, even their Manager doesn't appear to realise that they were invited to have possession for large parts of the first half, so it's probably not surprising that a lot of fans didn't. Personally, it was only something that I thought had happened after the game, and then had confirmed for me by the interview.

Having said that, there weren't any boos or many disgruntled comments at half time, so maybe a few could see the plan unfolding where the rest of us couldn't?

They still probably would have had more possession in first half even if we'd have setup more proactively- remember last season they had 61% in first half on the last day according to one stats site- in that range anyway.

Reason there weren't boos or disgruntled comments is because we were up v a good side in great form with a shape that is awkward for the opposition- and as fans we recognised that fact- it was always likely to be a close game, a game in which we would have to absorb a fair bit of pressure- a tactical game too.

That's why the fans stuck with and remained pretty positive- there are two sides on the pitch and I wonder if stupid though it sounds, people can forget that a bit.

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

Slight exaggeration there DP.

LJ set the wrong formation to start with and consequently the Blades bossed the game, particularly in the midfield but at ht he changed the set up.

He made the substitutes around the same time he usually does - with around the 65/70 min. That gives them enough time to change the game and today it worked perfectly 

For the 1st half of the half I felt we got the better of them and had a few decent chances. So no I don't agree that we started with the wrong formation, I think it was the right formation as they didn't expect us to line up like that. it took them a while to figure it out and once they did they then got the better of the second half of the half. 

It was then pretty even until we made our subs and then there was only going to be one winner. A tired United defense couldn't deal with the fresh energy we had to offer. 

We won the game so I'd say the tactical decisions were spot on.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Glad to hear it.

I will challenge your view on LJ tho.......Personally I’ve always been neutral with regard to him but am beginning to see that he definitely has qualities that at first weren’t easy to see but obviously SL saw them before any of us.

Yesterday was a perfect example of what a deep thinker he is. He got it spot on and let’s hope he can repeat it at the Hawthorns on Tuesday night.

coaching ability no questions to have on that, its his leadership ability that narks me that and throwing players under the bus

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I’ve put the reasons why I don’t want him as manager/headcoach you chose to ignore them,

and I don’t reply to your posts generally because I have you on ignore because you’re a bit of a dick

Wow ME the Dick, ha! you are the one that wants the Head Coach gone, the one that is doing so well, you in your infinite wisdom thinks he is not up to the job....so again you have no plan B ..do you?  

And just to reiterate why should we sack him?

:sign09:

19 hours ago, Robbored said:

Slight exaggeration there DP.

LJ set the wrong formation to start with and consequently the Blades bossed the game, particularly in the midfield but at ht he changed the set up.

He made the substitutes around the same time he usually does - with around the 65/70 min. That gives them enough time to change the game and today it worked perfectly 

He didn’t set the wrong formation to start with, it was always his intent to let them come onto us, absorb the pressure until they ran out of ideas and steam, then put Plan B into action. 

I texted a friend at half time predicting the way it was going to evolve. 

Just because we were at home doesn’t mean we have to go gung ho every game, it’s not only respect for the opposition it’s out foxing them and ultimately winning the game that counts. 

Archived