IGNORED

Subs today

Super

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Won us the game all 3 were very good and changed the game, Credit to LJ got it spot on.

Agree with that. Suddenly had ten minutes when we were creating real chances.

Odd game today. Thought Sheffield looked pretty decent, but did not create much more than half chances. 

Think we are just getting the rub of the green at the moment...Blackburn should most likely have gone 2-0 up, QPR and today should most likely have been behind at half time, so far from the finished article. Equally, stopped giving away soft goals which makes such a difference. One goal conceded in four games, couple of 1-0s, getting the points on the board early, loving it.

16 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Agree with that. Suddenly had ten minutes when we were creating real chances.

Odd game today. Thought Sheffield looked pretty decent, but did not create much more than half chances. 

Think we are just getting the rub of the green at the moment...Blackburn should most likely have gone 2-0 up, QPR and today should most likely have been behind at half time, so far from the finished article. Equally, stopped giving away soft goals which makes such a difference. One goal conceded in four games, couple of 1-0s, getting the points on the board early, loving it.

Half chances?

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

They were better than half chances mate,had their bloke not had his boots on the wrong feet then he could of had 3 or 4 first half

Remember McGoldrick having a few now I think about it.

Will have to watch the extended highlights later. Maybe selective memory on my part.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agreed 

All 3 made an impact

Vastly helped by Sheff United taking Duffy off ,possibly best player for large parts

Bizarre

Thought the same. Strange decision to take him off. Thought Norwood and Lundstrum were average but Duffy always seemed to pop up into 10 yards of space. Even taking Sharp off was strange though booked. Washington coming on did not concern me. Had a good chance and missed target

Just now, cityexile said:

Remember McGoldrick having a few now I think about it.

Will have to watch the extended highlights later. Maybe selective memory on my part.

Had one on his left foot and one on his head I’d call sitters tbh

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agreed 

All 3 made an impact

Vastly helped by Sheff United taking Duffy off ,possibly best player for large parts

Bizarre

Agree, was happy when Duffy was taken off and was certainly one of their best players.  Strange decision.

All 3 subs affecting the game which is all you can ask for.  

Dasilva, hasn't had much of a look in but thought he played well today.

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I wasn’t there today, how did we set up? Both Da Silva and Kelly started so I wasn’t sure what the formation was.

We started 3-5-2 or more like aWith Hunt and De Silva As wing backs and changed to 4-4-2 after an hour or so with Watkins and COD filling the wide positions

The 3-5-2 was actually more a 3-4-1-2 with Elliasson playing in behind FD and AW and I assume trying to sit on Norwood

Thought it was a fascinating game tactically today

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We started 3-5-2 or more like aWith Hunt and De Silva As wing backs and changed to 4-4-2 after an hour or so with Watkins and COD filling the wide positions

The 3-5-2 was actually more a 3-4-1-2 with Elliasson playing in behind FD and AW and I assume trying to sit on Norwood

Referred to it on another thread as classic "rope a dope". Great stuff for the purists I think. 

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Nice one. Appears he got it tactically spot on!

Out of nowhere, that’s now 4 on the bounce.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Nice one. Appears he got it tactically spot on!

Out of nowhere, that’s now 4 on the bounce.

Started brightly

Sheff Utd then took over an in all honesty completely bossed the first half and played all round and through us and tactically I thought Elliasson was too far forward and MP and JB were overun

Hung in there and the combination of their subs (strange IMHOj and them going to a 5-4-1 with our subs and impact and going 4-4-2 completely changed the game momentum 

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Fam was off today, no link up with Wiemann at all, so much better when we switched formation and brought Taylor on, his touch was equisite at times and unlocked their defence, I’d bring him back in on today’s showing

Fam was awful. His positioning when Sheff U had the ball amongst their defenders was utterly bizarre. He was mostly to be found 30 yards away almost in our own half. 

I know he’s not the most mobile but why not press as a front two? We lose that energy up front completely when Taylor doesn’t play, I’d have Weimann and Taylor all day long on current showing. 

Weimann is relentless but he can’t press a back 4/5 alone!

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Fam was awful. His positioning when Sheff U had the ball amongst their defenders was utterly bizarre. He was mostly to be found 30 yards away almost in our own half. 

I know he’s not the most mobile but why not press as a front two? We lose that energy up front completely when Taylor doesn’t play, I’d have Weimann and Taylor all day long on current showing. 

Weimann is relentless but he can’t press a back 4/5 alone!

I expect he was instructed to go to the wing and let Weimann and Eliasson do the pressing to preserve his energy. 

11 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Fam was off today, no link up with Wiemann at all, so much better when we switched formation and brought Taylor on, his touch was equisite at times and unlocked their defence, I’d bring him back in on today’s showing

I think we will start Tues with the side that finished today

Maybe harsh on Elliasson who looked dangerous early on again, and played very much for the team today - maybe he will play with Watkins or COD but I can see a bit of rotation and MT COD and even MW probably fit well away from home against good opposition

3 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I expect he was instructed to go to the wing and let Weimann and Eliasson do the pressing to preserve his energy. 

Yeah I’m sure he was only following instructions but everything about what we’ve done so well so far has been around the high press/high tempo. 

Fingers crossed that as Bob says the team that finished today, starts on Tuesday. 

Archived