IGNORED

And we were doubting form

Bristol Rob

I'm fully on board with LJ now. Team was well organised at both ends of the pitch. Sheff Utd are a very good team who would have chances and we were very tidy (Lloyd Kelly in particular) and unlike previous seasons LJ knew his players and what he needed to do after an hour to take control of the game. He really is tactically on top of this team, I've doubted it before but this season no doubt he is a match for other managers. Yes we were second best for about 50 minutes but McGoldrick ineptitude aside, we never looked phased and LJ knew what needed doing. I haven't often felt on the same page as the manager but I certainly am now. That was his win and it was a big one.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

I'm fully on board with LJ now. Team was well organised at both ends of the pitch. Sheff Utd are a very good team who would have chances and we were very tidy (Lloyd Kelly in particular) and unlike previous seasons LJ knew his players and what he needed to do after an hour to take control of the game. He really is tactically on top of this team, I've doubted it before but this season no doubt he is a match for other managers. Yes we were second best for about 50 minutes but McGoldrick ineptitude aside, we never looked phased and LJ knew what needed doing. I haven't often felt on the same page as the manager but I certainly am now. That was his win and it was a big one.

Encouraging comments - only question I have is, do you think you would have said the same at the peak of our form last season? Or do you think this is different?

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Encouraging comments - only question I have is, do you think you would have said the same at the peak of our form last season? Or do you think this is different?

Last season I felt Bobby Reid was playing out of his skin to help us dominate games. No hindsight here but I certainly wasn't sold on LJ being responsible for it all. We definitely didn't see such a solid team at the back, or with the ball at feet, nor one that adjusted so comprehensively to any adversity, with depth on the bench and players who knew exactly what their role is when introduced. Taylor and O'Dowda were exactly what was needed and Pack and Brownhill both in the second half had engines the like of which will dominate games, even if 15-45 min they got taken out of it by Sheff Utd pushing players up. We sat in then adjusted and won it quite comfortably - don't think I've said that very often about LJ games. Hat duly tipped.

20 minutes ago, Olé said:

He so comprehensively out thought his opposite number in this game that Chris Wilder (who I rate highly) has gone away thinking they were the better team. At least George Foreman realised at the end of round 8 that he had been suckered by Ali, even if he thought he was winning up to that point.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He so comprehensively out thought his opposite number in this game that Chris Wilder (who I rate highly) has gone away thinking they were the better team. At least George Foreman realised at the end of round 8 that he had been suckered by Ali, even if he thought he was winning up to that point.

Well he did in the end with the subs made. Not sure he got the starting line up and formation right as we were outplayed in first half.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Well he did in the end with the subs made. Not sure he got the starting line up and formation right as we were outplayed in first half.

Listen to his interview, he is clear that he expected Sheff Utd to dominate and matched them up. Like I have said elsewhere, of course they made chances, they are a good side, but for all their possession, they were quite low on clear opportunities. He let them wear themselves down, before making the change to take advantage. For the third time tonight I am going to say it "Classic Rope a Dope".

Archived