IGNORED

Quiet on the forum after a win

Murraysrightplum

7 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Anyone noticed the extreme reactions when we lose and the vitriol towards the players and particularly the manager, whereas when we win it’s very quiet. Do we over react to a loss or under react to a win?!

When we win normally the vitriol is directed at people on here so it’s no different,think everyone is just fed up with the petty posts to be honest (I’ve been guilty myself)

It’s absolutely sad how you can point that out... absolutely when we are losing it’s unbearable and people have to voice their opinions, and I for one have been of the opinion that LJ isn’t for us (in the bad times) but that doesn’t mean I want to see BC do badly.. it’s an opinion at the end of the day.. we’ve all got them. 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Suggest it’s probably more to do with a few more having a beer after or a few more beers than if we lost

Possibly so but to me it’s simply the fickleness of the average football fan. 

Win = happiness. Lose = despair.  Draw = uncertainty 

35 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Anyone noticed the extreme reactions when we lose and the vitriol towards the players and particularly the manager, whereas when we win it’s very quiet. Do we over react to a loss or under react to a win?!

Nine new threads relating to today's game since the final whistle, plus another about Tuesday's game, and people still adding to the match day thread. Looks busy to me, and most in good cheer - happy days. 

40 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

No

34 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s even more notable who most of the missing posters are when we are winning. They are the ones who shout loudest and revel in it when we are losing. 

Sadly, there aren’t that many with s balanced view. 

True that...there are some right bedwetters every time we lose

1 hour ago, Murraysrightplum said:

What I have noticed is every time that we win somebody feels the need to start another pathetic thread like this.

30 minutes ago, South-of-river said:

Yea cause when we lose it’s obviously an enjoyable experience... how dare they voice an opinion! The out right disgrace of it! 

It’s not that though is it...I can post some constructive criticism as do the vast majority after we lose, but it is a minority who come on and start spouting Johnson will never succeed and he is not the man to take us forward etc etc...after 3 games including Plymouth I am sure there was a poll about should he stay or go and how long do we give him

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

It’s not that though is it...I can post some constructive criticism as do the vast majority after we lose, but it is a minority who come on and start spouting Johnson will never succeed and he is not the man to take us forward etc etc...after 3 games including Plymouth I am sure there was a poll about should he stay or go and how long do we give him

In fact some were even suggesting he should go at that point...

20 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

In fact some were even suggesting he should go at that point...

I think there are one or two suggesting he should go at virtually every point.

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

I think there are one or two suggesting he should go at virtually every point.

I don't mind admitting, I am still a member of the unconvinced side of the argument, today he was absolutely spot on and has been close to spot on for the past 4 games (obviously).

But as I have always said I just want to see consistency, not the roller coaster of the past 2 seasons and we all know that the next long lingering downward part of that ride can occur at any time, unless of course LJ has finally found the formula or dare I say it the dressing room has been finally cleansed.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I don't mind admitting, I am still a member of the unconvinced side of the argument, today he was absolutely spot on and has been close to spot on for the past 4 games (obviously).

But as I have always said I just want to see consistency, not the roller coaster of the past 2 seasons and we all know that the next long lingering downward part of that ride can occur at any time, unless of course LJ has finally found the formula or dare I say it the dressing room has been finally cleansed.

Exactly the point. 

52 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What I have noticed is every time that we win somebody feels the need to start another pathetic thread like this.

Spot on....it really is pathetic....fans of EVERY club disagree EVERY weekend about all aspects of their club....players, managers, fellow fans etc etc....it’s part of football, but I really dislike the way smug people climb onto here after a victory to slag off people who aren’t convinced that everything about our club is perfect....they are clueless and they soon disappear when we do things like lose 8 league games in a row.....

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s even more notable who most of the missing posters are when we are winning. They are the ones who shout loudest and revel in it when we are losing. 

Agree with the first part but not the second.

I think plenty of posters, the majority in fact, would consider themselves to be fairly balanced in their views, praise when it's deserved, criticise when it's deserved. However, as is the case in all walks of life, those with the strongest opinions tend to shout loudest and dominate discussion and it's easy to think that their views represent the forum as a whole, particularly when things aren't going well. 

Its mid September. Bristol City are 3rd in the Championship. Bath City are 5th in National League South, Bath Rugby are 4th in the Gallagher Premiership, The Gas are in the Drop Zone,  Swindle are down to  14th in League 2...and SP is a happy man. A Chicken Casserole and a G+T followed by Mrs SP being very pleasant before she goes to work Whats not to like

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't know what you mean @Londoner your post creation count is right down lately?

7 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Its mid September. Bristol City are 3rd in the Championship. Bath City are 5th in National League South, Bath Rugby are 4th in the Gallagher Premiership, The Gas are in the Drop Zone,  Swindle are down to  14th in League 2...and SP is a happy man. A Chicken Casserole and a G+T followed by Mrs SP being very pleasant before she goes to work Whats not to like

What’s not to like? The fact you highlighted Bath RFC’s position rather than mention Bristol.....

Archived