IGNORED

Fam and weimann

MC RISK77

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Couldn’t make the game today as away on hols in Tenerife.

how did they look as a partnership together or too early to tell?

Diedhiou was poor, tried hard but his first touch was poor and he gave the ball away a lot when in possession and shanked one that he should have scored.

Wiemann was Weimann a constant thorn in their side and never gave up, Taylor looked sharp and his set up play for others is great.

The front three of Fam, Eliasson and Weimann looked to interchange positions throughout the first half and I thought for the first 30 minutes it worked quite well. However, I think we'd have been much more effective if we'd have had Taylor in the three as he's a got a better football brain IMO. 

Agree with everything @JonDolman points out above about Fams performance. Perhaps his lack of match fitness (or I hope it's just a lack) may explain why he wasn't attempting to keep up with AW. Fam needs to sharpen up quickly though as Taylor is definitely pushing for a start. Watkins has got 2 in 2 now and with his strong work ethic could feature in the interchangeable front 3 type formation we played today.

I haven't seen a Wiemann thread yet, but once again I can't praise his work rate enough. There was a moment in the last 15 minutes where he made a long run forward and then chased the opposition player back into our half, nudged him off the ball and set us back on the counter attack. Class.

I totally agree re MT. think he works much better with AW, at the moment anyway. I don’t know if that is down to FD’s lack of sharpness or they just work better together. 

I think MT is a real asset to the team because he offers something different, even if doesn’t score many goals. Love him:city:

I remember we used to say it took Luke Freeman a few games to look at his best. Think it is the same with Fam. He will get better with more minutes. Matty Taylor has been playing very well lately and long may it continue but that combo I am not sure can take us as far as a Weimann/Diedhiou can. 3 games this week and think MT has a shout to start Tuesday but Fam should be starting the majority of our league matches. 

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Diedhiou was poor, tried hard but his first touch was poor and he gave the ball away a lot when in possession and shanked one that he should have scored.

Wiemann was Weimann a constant thorn in their side andAudio also falls under the TVs’ AI upscaling technology. A sound optimisation feature aims to enhance audio performance depending on content type by identifying the content’s metadata and continually analysing and rendering the sound signal accordingly never gave up, Taylor looked sharp and his set up play for others is great.

Now, that is confusing...

Didn’t work for them today unfortunately, may well work in time though, was pretty surprised LJ started with FD if I’m honest, I’d of started with Matty if it was down to me especially after his previous outing but it’s not and we got another 3 points.

Happy Days

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I remember we used to say it took Luke Freeman a few games to look at his best. Think it is the same with Fam. He will get better with more minutes. Matty Taylor has been playing very well lately and long may it continue but that combo I am not sure can take us as far as a Weimann/Diedhiou can. 3 games this week and think MT has a shout to start Tuesday but Fam should be starting the majority of our league matches. 

Think we just have to let LJ pick the right pairing game by game.  Sometimes it may be the pairing that ends the game (like today) that gives the greatest contribution.

The three of them offer different things....just hope they stay fit. 

We need to get Fam back to match fitness so I guess I can understand him starting today.

But it worked really well against Blackburn when he came on as an impact sub. Got a huge (deserved) round of applause that day and you could almost see the Blackburn players' heads drop. They gave him way too much respect, stood off him and he scored one of his trademark goals.

As long as we keep winning I would rather start with Taylor and swap him or Weimann off so that Fam can get on with fresh legs and give the opposition some aggro.

I don't think I've ever seen Fam run for 90 minutes so would rather he was subbed on than subbed off. At least until he's back to match fitness and sharpness.

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How about that bit of control from Weimann when ? Kalas ? Drilled a volley knee high across the box atblistering pace 

Weimann kills it dead first time  and swivels and gets away a great strike which had goal all over it save a last ditch block by a Blades defender

Class

Absolute class

The constant theme I got from Derby supporters was Weimann’s control is dodgy!

Strange stuff!

8 hours ago, REDOXO said:

The constant theme I got from Derby supporters was Weimann’s control is dodgy!

Strange stuff!

I think the key to it is that he`s enjoying his football, he`s playing in his preferred position and has become an instant hero at City. All that must do wonders for a player`s confidence and things like first touch and control come more naturally when you`re on top of your game. I`m sure when a player moves clubs like Andi has there must always be a bit of doubt in his mind about whether he`s doing the right thing (no different to any of us changing jobs) and to hit the ground running like he has must go a long way to allaying those fears.

As @JonDolman said in his post MT`s first touch has become noticeably better too and I think the same applies to him - he`s not snatching at things and trying too hard to impress but just playing his natural game.

Confidence breeds success - we`re seeing it with these two and also others like Marley Watkins. Long may it continue.

12 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think the key to it is that he`s enjoying his football, he`s playing in his preferred position and has become an instant hero at City. All that must do wonders for a player`s confidence and things like first touch and control come more naturally when you`re on top of your game. I`m sure when a player moves clubs like Andi has there must always be a bit of doubt in his mind about whether he`s doing the right thing (no different to any of us changing jobs) and to hit the ground running like he has must go a long way to allaying those fears.

As @JonDolman said in his post MT`s first touch has become noticeably better too and I think the same applies to him - he`s not snatching at things and trying too hard to impress but just playing his natural game.

Confidence breeds success - we`re seeing it with these two and also others like Marley Watkins. Long may it continue.

Your last sentence hits home. We just need to keep that in mind with Fam. His confidence can’t be high as his time at city has been so stop start. Took him a good 8-10 games last year to look comfortable.

Then the injury.

Then back into a side low on confidence where he scored but mattered little. 

Then this suspension where it affected his preseason. Though credit to him he only got good reviews from the staff. 

Then watches Weimann come in and bang in 5 in 5 while ge can’t play and become an instant fave. Also watching Matty T form a good partnership with this new striker all while he can do nothing about it. 

Then has the expectation to be at his best in his first start which comes in mid Sept due to the suspension after play 30 min of champ football all season. 

Point is, we need to stay behind him. Idk if his price tag makes people less forgiving but at the end of the day he is still a young striker who needs a few games to get that sharpness back. We will need Diedhiou at his best if we want to even think promotion. Matty Taylor and Weimann is not a promotion pairing for a full season. Look at SU yesterday. They lack that goalscorer and their fans can see it. Fam is that player for us. 

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I hope you are right RRH!

Archived