IGNORED

Upper lansdown

Topper 123

12 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

If something as innocent as a few kids getting a free ticket for a football match makes you sick I suggest you go to the doctors, I think you may have a problem. 

Didn't mean the kids, but when someone (adult) comes on here BOASTING that they've got a freebie, and only comes to games on freebies it pisses me off, 

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

My sons ST was £50 and got a free shirt so basically was £10! Even if you’re not gonna take them every game it’s a no brainier to get a under 12 a ST

Assuming the adult can also commit to a season ticket that’s true.

However both my son and I are members. He’s in the “City 7s” category which got him two free tickets (including one adult), £5 off tickets, a training top and magazine - all for £20. I think that’s very good value.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Assuming the adult can also commit to a season ticket that’s true.

However both my son and I are members. He’s in the “City 7s” category which got him two free tickets (including one adult), £5 off tickets, a training top and magazine - all for £20. I think that’s very good value.

Yep also a no brainer. 

There needs to be a scheme where season ticket holders can sell back their ticket for games they cant attend. That way you would get more season ticket holders as people dont buy one as they cant go to games mid-week/Friday/Sunday (like myself) and also will give people looking to buy tickets a better choice of seat. 

1 hour ago, Turbored said:

There needs to be a scheme where season ticket holders can sell back their ticket for games they cant attend. That way you would get more season ticket holders as people dont buy one as they cant go to games mid-week/Friday/Sunday (like myself) and also will give people looking to buy tickets a better choice of seat. 

The club already price season tickets very reasonably and they are by far the most economic way of watching the club frequently - even if you miss some games. If the club was to offer to buy your ticket back off you, that would further eat into their profit margin on a product that is already fairly priced.

While we have around 15,000 STH, there are still around 9,000 seats available for non-STH which is plenty. I would suggest the number of people who can’t make any games other than Saturday afternoon is a very small percentage.

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The club already price season tickets very reasonably and they are by far the most economic way of watching the club frequently - even if you miss some games. If the club was to offer to buy your ticket back off you, that would further eat into their profit margin on a product that is already fairly priced.

While we have around 15,000 STH, there are still around 9,000 seats available for non-STH which is plenty. I would suggest the number of people who can’t make any games other than Saturday afternoon is a very small percentage.

With an automation system, they could have it as an exchange, whereby ST holder logs on and says seat is available. City then list the seat. ST holder gets money back for ST only if the seat is sold. ST holder gets amount paid per match minus a quid or so, club gets to sell a full price ticket. Everyone wins.

19 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Sad OAP troller arent you! 

I said I go to 20 games per season. 

Just ignore him mate, if @Redmycolour can’t see the benefit of attracting local kids / parents into the ground by giving out free tickets he’s clearly not that intelligent. 

If only 10 percent of those giving free tickets return and become supporters of Bristol City that can only be a positive thing. I’m sure whilst your ticket may have been a ‘feeebie ‘ you still spent money in the ground !

28 minutes ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

With an automation system, they could have it as an exchange, whereby ST holder logs on and says seat is available. City then list the seat. ST holder gets money back for ST only if the seat is sold. ST holder gets amount paid per match minus a quid or so, club gets to sell a full price ticket. Everyone wins.

Except the club, who’s margin on the full price ticket that they would have sold anyway is reduced by refunding some money to the season ticket holder.

If every game was sold out the scheme has merit. At the present time I don’t think it’s justified.

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Except the club, who’s margin on the full price ticket that they would have sold anyway is reduced by refunding some money to the season ticket holder.

If every game was sold out the scheme has merit. At the present time I don’t think it’s justified.

Yes, I take the point that it would only be a gain for the club if the match was a sellout. 

30 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

The fact that people are prepared to POTD at prices like this sadly justifies why they are trying to price kids out of the Lower Dolman.

Bristol Sport must be pleased - even if no-one else on this thread seems to be!

For balance - I’ve just paid £27 for me and £5 for my seven year old (both members) for the Villa game, in the top tier family area. I think that’s entirely reasonable, and I can’t think of many - if any - form of comparable entertainment that we could enjoy together for about £30.

Archived