IGNORED

Upper lansdown

Topper 123

6 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Seems to be the only fixture to not have them available to purchase, i assume they haven’t ‘sold out’ as they’re usually the last to go. 

1 minute ago, just like watching brazil said:

Sometimes they don’t release them until the week before 

For all the later home games currently available those are on sale and have tickets.

Showing up as sold out on my screen.

It would be odd if they haven’t been released for this game when they have for the others. 

2 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

I worked all my life for what I got, you don't pay Nothing for me, 

Worked all my life and will probably have to until I drop dead on the job.  No pension provision apart from the new legal minimum and what I can save from my salary after all other costs.  I’m in a professional job and I’m not getting lectured by those who could purchase a house on 2 times their salary back in the day.

You have a problem with 2 people having a free ticket to a football game?  

Enjoy your retirement and we’ll pick up the pieces.

btw we are paying for you through higher taxes to keep the NHS, free bus passes and your annual fuel allowance.

The annual fuel allowance paid for 2/3rds of your season ticket whilst many young families can’t afford to keep their heating on ffs.

No understanding and no empathy.

You sir are a d**k.

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 20:27, RedDave said:

Club are doing a great job already. I was there on a freebie today as my child attending a City summer coaching day. 

11 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

Didn't mean the kids, but when someone (adult) comes on here BOASTING that they've got a freebie, and only comes to games on freebies it pisses me off, 

So if RD's boy turns out to be a future Reid, Bryan, or even Garland etc...  I take it you won't be calling him 'One Of Our Own' then?  despite the fact his old man probably paid the club a pretty penny for a bit of coaching to start the kid off...?

If not a future Skuse or Carey I bet the lad grows up to be a lifelong City fan, spending plenty of his adult hard earned on following The Reds... and it'll be all thanks to his dad taking him to summer coaching and the club giving a rare freebie adult matchday ticket!  

Just Saying... :)  

55 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Worked all my life and will probably have to until I drop dead on the job.  No pension provision apart from the new legal minimum and what I can save from my salary after all other costs.  I’m in a professional job and I’m not getting lectured by those who could purchase a house on 2 times their salary back in the day.

You have a problem with 2 people having a free ticket to a football game?  

Enjoy your retirement and we’ll pick up the pieces.

btw we are paying for you through higher taxes to keep the NHS, free bus passes and your annual fuel allowance.

The annual fuel allowance paid for 2/3rds of your season ticket whilst many young families can’t afford to keep their heating on ffs.

No understanding and no empathy.

You sir are a d**k.

Blimey RR, I'm genuinely amazed by your rant on this thread WTGR. 

Do you honestly think, those of us already retired / getting near haven't paid taxes all our lives for the previous generation plus invested in pension funds? 

I'm only in my early 50's but have paid stamp since I was 16 plus paid into company / personal pensions to allow myself to retire relatively comfortably at some point, when the time comes, as have the vast majority of my peers.

A question if you don't mind? How on earth have you no pension provision when it's a legal requirement of any employer nowadays?

Am I missing your point here? 

The legal provision nowadays is through the auto enrolment system which does enforce the employer to pay a certain a percentage of you salary to the scheme.  Only been active a couple of years though.  

The percentage is pretty minimal though so If you’re on say 40k a year at 2% you’re not getting anywhere.  And as housing costs are so high now you can contribute very little.  

I’m bloody 40 and my dad assumed I’d have a final salary pension, as if.  I really don’t think the ‘older’ generation realise that those on ‘average’ salary’s circa 40k are so screwed.  

I’m a pension adviser so can see people who’ve had normal jobs getting to retirement and having a guaranteed pension that is sizeable considering the wages they were on.

The generation down are screwed unless they’re rich or inherit.

The days of working hard, as I do, and expecting a pension are gone.

I feel for the kids coming through.  I don’t give a toss because i’ll die at my desk before it’s an issue.

21 hours ago, Pezo said:

Cheep compared to the theatre. Paid 500 for 2 people to watch the 2 showings of that Harry Potter thing. 

Well that’s £125 a show, for likely top tickets. Whereas I’ve paid £35 for great seats at Phantom. 

Secondly you’re usually guarenteed a great performance at the theatre, something which you’re not at football. 

8 hours ago, RumRed said:

The legal provision nowadays is through the auto enrolment system which does enforce the employer to pay a certain a percentage of you salary to the scheme.  Only been active a couple of years though.  

The percentage is pretty minimal though so If you’re on say 40k a year at 2% you’re not getting anywhere.  And as housing costs are so high now you can contribute very little.  

I’m bloody 40 and my dad assumed I’d have a final salary pension, as if.  I really don’t think the ‘older’ generation realise that those on ‘average’ salary’s circa 40k are so screwed.  

I’m a pension adviser so can see people who’ve had normal jobs getting to retirement and having a guaranteed pension that is sizeable considering the wages they were on.

The generation down are screwed unless they’re rich or inherit.

The days of working hard, as I do, and expecting a pension are gone.

I feel for the kids coming through.  I don’t give a toss because i’ll die at my desk before it’s an issue.

Some of us have Final Salary Pensions that we fully expected to be 40/60ths of our final salary, eh @Clevedon Red!!!!

However the bastards first of all capped yearly rises at 2% or inflation (whichever was lower) and then about 7 years ago they totally capped it at 0% increase, so in effect all you are doing is contributing 1/60th each year...creating a gap each year. 

I reckoned that based on 2% inflation pa, my pension pot would be £250-300k less than I could’ve expected!!!  That’s just less than a Tilson!!!

Its one of the reasons I resigned after almost 28 years there. Needed to find a way of repairing the gap. 

Mind The Gap means more than one thing to me!!!

11 hours ago, jimmyb said:

For all the later home games currently available those are on sale and have tickets.

Showing up as sold out on my screen.

It would be odd if they haven’t been released for this game when they have for the others. 

Had this last season for the final home game against Sheff U, a couple of weeks before the game. Called the ticket office. the response back was that they do not open the Upper Lansdown for general sale until the lower bowl is sold out, but restrictions on the ticketing website mean that website can only show seats as available or sold out and not "not available for sale"

Clearly they've not yet sorted it out yet, hang on if you can.

22 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The club already price season tickets very reasonably and they are by far the most economic way of watching the club frequently - even if you miss some games. If the club was to offer to buy your ticket back off you, that would further eat into their profit margin on a product that is already fairly priced.

While we have around 15,000 STH, there are still around 9,000 seats available for non-STH which is plenty. I would suggest the number of people who can’t make any games other than Saturday afternoon is a very small percentage.

You have made some good and valid points in this thread but what i will say is try buying seats when you only know at the last minute and theres only singles or obstructed view ones available. We have now ended up not going to games and also with the parking issues its easier just not to bother ...

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Some of us have Final Salary Pensions that we fully expected to be 40/60ths of our final salary, eh @Clevedon Red!!!!

However the bastards first of all capped yearly rises at 2% or inflation (whichever was lower) and then about 7 years ago they totally capped it at 0% increase, so in effect all you are doing is contributing 1/60th each year...creating a gap each year. 

I reckoned that based on 2% inflation pa, my pension pot would be £250-300k less than I could’ve expected!!!  That’s just less than a Tilson!!!

Its one of the reasons I resigned after almost 28 years there. Needed to find a way of repairing the gap. 

Im out the scheme now. Looking to jack it in in a few years 

On 17/09/2018 at 08:57, Davefevs said:

I've never had a final salary pension although I've worked constantly from 16 to 51 (so far) and have paid into various company pensions at anything between 5 and 8%. Generally employers have matched it (usually capped at 5%) so, apart from a couple of personal plans and ISA's, I don't see that there's an awful lot more I could do.

I do appreciate housing is bloody expensive nowadays but, I guess, it was when we bought property as well (maybe not so comparatively expensive). I remember when the estate opposite the Trident in Downend was built and I looked at a detached place but baulked at the thought of an £80K mortgage. I ended up buying a detached place some years later and would have been much better off buying the place in Downend. Hindsight eh! :facepalm:

I've always thought final salary pensions were really good but, having never had one, maybe I'm wrong? 

15 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've never had a final salary pension although I've worked constantly from 16 to 51 (so far) and have paid into various company pensions at anything between 5 and 8%. Generally employers have matched it (usually capped at 5%)

You should be in a good position. I didn’t enter a company pension scheme until I was about 32 and thirty years later I’m in a position to retire early comfortably. The key is your additional AVC contribution, I was paying in 10% on top on the company’s contribution and even after the banking crisis 10 years ago the pot is looking good.

The key, if you can afford to, is to start paying into a scheme as soon as you can, which I wish I’d done instead of pissing it up against a wall!

48 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

You should be in a good position. I didn’t enter a company pension scheme until I was about 32 and thirty years later I’m in a position to retire early comfortably. The key is your additional AVC contribution, I was paying in 10% on top on the company’s contribution and even after the banking crisis 10 years ago the pot is looking good.

The key, if you can afford to, is to start paying into a scheme as soon as you can, which I wish I’d done instead of pissing it up against a wall!

I think I had better get a pension assessment done as I really have no idea what I'm due to get in all honesty.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've never had a final salary pension although I've worked constantly from 16 to 51 (so far) and have paid into various company pensions at anything between 5 and 8%. Generally employers have matched it (usually capped at 5%) so, apart from a couple of personal plans and ISA's, I don't see that there's an awful lot more I could do.

I do appreciate housing is bloody expensive nowadays but, I guess, it was when we bought property as well (maybe not so comparatively expensive). I remember when the estate opposite the Trident in Downend was built and I looked at a detached place but baulked at the thought of an £80K mortgage. I ended up buying a detached place some years later and would have been much better off buying the place in Downend. Hindsight eh! :facepalm:

I've always thought final salary pensions were really good but, having never had one, maybe I'm wrong? 

Final Salary Pensions are good, in the main, it’s just we were shafted at Lloyds when the removed the link to our actual salary. 

Still sort of grateful that I gave something, just gutting that what I expected to retire on (40/60ths of my final salary) would end up being the equivalent of 25/60ths, despite continuing to be in the scheme until 60!!  It’s lije paying into the pension for 15 years for nowt!!

There are plenty worse off than me though. Some list everything!!

In all honesty, match prices are too high.  If we have 15k st holders, 1k away fans and a gate of 20k, then only 4k are buying individual tickets.  If the prices were more realistic, we would surely sell more, then more could enjoy the experience, more would come back again and more might convert to st holders.

Match tickets are probably around 2x the price that st holders pay and the differential doesnt need to be that large.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I think I had better get a pension assessment done as I really have no idea what I'm due to get in all honesty.

It is worth understanding what your current entitlement is, just get details of all schemes you’ve invested in together and contact someone like Hargreaves Lansdown for an independent review. It looks like you tried to protect your future, so take advice, so that the good work you’ve done to date is managed to your needs.

Archived