IGNORED

TV adverts

mikep

I am in Spain on holiday and I am totally amazed by the number of adverts being shown during tv programmes. They just seem to cut to the ads with no warning and  there seems to be at least 15 to 20 ads. Plenty of time to get another cold one out of the fridge but, it is seriously doing my head in.

How do exiles in Spain cope and are there worse places?

10 minutes ago, mikep said:

I am in Spain on holiday and I am totally amazed by the number of adverts being shown during tv programmes. They just seem to cut to the ads with no warning and  there seems to be at least 15 to 20 ads. Plenty of time to get another cold one out of the fridge but, it is seriously doing my head in.

They UK TV.

22 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

They UK TV.

Being here for just the week, it is a case of using what is provided in the apartment we are renting. I do feel sorry for the Spanish having to put up with this dross and can’t wait to get back to itv et al. 

11 hours ago, mikep said:

The ones that bug me the most are the adverts in the states. I'm not sure how familiar you are with American TV shows but when many of them end, they have a short 10/15 second clip at the end of each episode (usually a small joke scene). In the states, they literally put an ad break in before this cut scene so you get about 2 minutes of adverts, the show comes back on for 15 seconds and the goes into the credits - with another 2 mins of ads to follow. Mental. 

Rarely see any adverts at home, the only time I watch live TV is for sports so I generally just see the same betting adverts over and over. 

On 19/09/2018 at 09:43, phantom said:

You only have to watch a TV show from America on TV and you can see where the ad breaks come in, luckily our country hasn't gone down that route yet!

It’s ridiculous that an hour show contains 20 or more minutes of adverts, and like you say American shows in particular recap everything after the breaks. They either have very short attention spans or their adverts are so captivating if they can’t remember what they were watching a few minutes ago! 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

It’s ridiculous that an hour show contains 20 or more minutes of adverts, and like you say American shows in particular recap everything after the breaks. They either have very short attention spans or their adverts are so captivating if they can’t remember what they were watching a few minutes ago! 

It's crazy over there. They also have many of those annoying adverts during a show that obstruct a large part of the screen. Usually pushing another TV show on the same channel.

On 20/09/2018 at 13:12, RedM said:

Nail on the head.

I like watching Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge, and you can be watching it, then all of a sudden  the screen goes blank, then you get a recap of the last 30 seconds where the "ad break" was. Wouldn't be so bad but they usually stop it about 2 minutes later for our breaks!!

Can watch a whole episode of that in about 20 minutes!

Archived