IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

Negan

Again impressive today. He is, in my opinion, the best academy product to burst through at his age since I've been watching. Reid took until he was 24/25 and Bryan had pretty much had up and down moments. It's still early on but if Kelly can keep this level of performance up then, should we not get promoted, one of the bigger prem teams will surely come knocking. 19 years old and looking like he can hold his own at this level. Think this might be one of those "enjoy him whilst we can" type of players as I'm sure plenty have now cast their eyes over him. 

Keep up the good work Lloyd! 

Forgive me if you’ve heard me say this before, but about 4 years ago, I had nothing to do one afternoon so went to watch the U-18’s in some meaniningless fixture. A 15 year old Lloyd Kelly was playing centre back that day. I remember leaving the ground and calling my mate to say I’ve seen an absolute star of the future. He was very skinny and slight then,  not the filled out beast that he is today, but he won every header, every tackle and never gave the ball away. He looked so comfortable against lads who were significantly bigger and stronger than him, he glided around the pitch. He was incredible and I will never forget it. He could go to the very top.

32 minutes ago, WesM said:

Forgive me if you’ve heard me say this before, but about 4 years ago, I had nothing to do one afternoon so went to watch the U-18’s in some meaniningless fixture. A 15 year old Lloyd Kelly was playing centre back that day. I remember leaving the ground and calling my mate to say I’ve seen an absolute star of the future. He was very skinny and slight then,  not the filled out beast that he is today, but he won every header, every tackle and never gave the ball away. He looked so comfortable against lads who were significantly bigger and stronger than him, he glided around the pitch. He was incredible and I will never forget it. He could go to the very top.

I saw him three years ago versus Taunton Town and entirely agree. He had another steady game today. He will go far, preferably at City but I suspect somewhere else.

I also predict he will get a full England cap.

2 hours ago, Negan said:

Again impressive today. He is, in my opinion, the best academy product to burst through at his age since I've been watching. Reid took until he was 24/25 and Bryan had pretty much had up and down moments. It's still early on but if Kelly can keep this level of performance up then, should we not get promoted, one of the bigger prem teams will surely come knocking. 19 years old and looking like he can hold his own at this level. Think this might be one of those "enjoy him whilst we can" type of players as I'm sure plenty have now cast their eyes over him. 

Keep up the good work Lloyd! 

can't we just enjoy tonight, and here no more enjoy him while you can comments.

9 hours ago, WesM said:

Forgive me if you’ve heard me say this before, but about 4 years ago, I had nothing to do one hot afternoon so went to watch the U-18’s in some meaniningless fixture. A 15 year old Lloyd Kelly was playing centre back that day. I remember leaving the ground and calling my mate to say I’ve seen an absolute star of the future. He was very skinny and slight then,  not the filled out beast that he is today, but he won every header, every tackle and never gave the ball away. He looked so comfortable against lads who were significantly bigger and stronger than him, he glided around the pitch. He was incredible and I will never forget it. He could go to the very top.

You wear it well though Wes.

7 hours ago, pillred said:

can't we just enjoy tonight, and here no more enjoy him while you can comments.

Obviously the posters are being realistic in a situation of where we are now. However, it would be great if our outstanding young talents mixed with shrewd investment, Johnson's management and Lansdown's backing can take us to the Premiership. Then we would be in a much stronger position to hold onto those stars.

9 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Does anybody know how long his contract is

In the Transfer section of this forum there is a pinned post, ins and out of the summer which we have tried to keep updated. He is down as 2021 with an option of a further year, unless anyone knows different.

Regarding him, I have posted elsewhere saying he already looks too good for us and it’s up to the rest of the team to keep up and match his potential or he could be lured elsewhere. At the moment we are playing well as a team and I think all will be enjoying this, I don’t see us lurching from good to bad but much more steadier this season. 

It would be somewhat ironic if we had our most successful season in a while without our players we have just sold.

I said towards the end of last year he was already a better FB than Bryan, positionally a big improvement. Yesterday he made a couple of mistakes, and I point this out because he make very few and you tend to notice them. He will only get better and we had a conversation midway through the 2nd half, there is an international player there if things go his way and he carries on the way he's going.

He should have played all last season.

Away at Watford a year ago when we won 3-2 he set up a beauty for Bobby Reid and the Watford fans were saying "their left back looks good".

The sale of Bryan for 6 million and Magnússon for 2 million now looks like brilliant business.

Last season we were 3-0 up at home to Sunderland and 2-0 up away to Leeds. 4 goals from the left back position later we drew both games and dropped 4 points. Add in the goal Bryan gave away at Bolton (another lost point) and it is surely clear that Kelly should have been playing all last season. 

9 hours ago, RedM said:

In the Transfer section of this forum there is a pinned post, ins and out of the summer which we have tried to keep updated. He is down as 2021 with an option of a further year, unless anyone knows different.

Regarding him, I have posted elsewhere saying he already looks too good for us and it’s up to the rest of the team to keep up and match his potential or he could be lured elsewhere. At the moment we are playing well as a team and I think all will be enjoying this, I don’t see us lurching from good to bad but much more steadier this season. 

It would be somewhat ironic if we had our most successful season in a while without our players we have just sold.

Think there was a similar effect with Tammy too.

Archived