IGNORED

Metrobus (Merged)

bs3

It stops behind the flats on the Cumberland System (what used to be the 10-pin bowling building). Why there isn't a stop before the Winterstoke Road flyover and convenient for AG remains a mystery other than that the buses might need a run-up or more room to stop given the incline.

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

It stops behind the flats on the Cumberland System (what used to be the 10-pin bowling building). Why there isn't a stop before the Winterstoke Road flyover and convenient for AG remains a mystery other than that the buses might need a run-up or more room to stop given the incline.

Possibly due to the proximity of the railway line?

The stop on M2 is approx the same distance from the stadium as the country bus stop on the roundabout on way to Bower Ashton

I caught the M2 from the centre and it was fine and pretty quick. As others have said, the official AG stop is behind the flats but probably just as easy to get off at the one before (Cumberland Basin) with just a short (and much nicer) walk over the little bridge and through the park. Less direct coming back (goes via Temple Meads and Cabot Circus) so I hopped off at Wapping Wharf and cut through to the centre from there

2 hours ago, Red Grovesy said:

Did anyone park in the Long Ashton P&R and catch the Metrobus to the Ashton Gate stop? 

If you are on your own that's only £4 to park if it's allowable.

Could you not park there and walk in. The question is, do you pay £4 for the bus and free parking or £4 to park and free bus trip.

2 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Think it’s free parking and you pay a fare for the bus ride?

I used the Metro from Long Ashton, paid £2.50 for a single to the Ashton Gate stop, which is behind the flats as mentioned 5 min walk from there, I walked back rather than wait for the bus (£4 is the return) , at present yes nothing to stop people just parking in the Park and Ride car park ignoring the bus and just walking to the ground for nothing ...

46 minutes ago, bs3 said:

I thought there was a stop between Paxton Drive ( the old 10 pin bowling ) and the park and ride ? Is that stop nearer the ground,

There is one in between, obviously quicker than getting off at P&R but probably slightly longer than Paxton Drive, no idea why or who would ever use this stop 

4 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

I used the Metro from Long Ashton, paid £2.50 for a single to the Ashton Gate stop, which is behind the flats as mentioned 5 min walk from there, I walked back rather than wait for the bus (£4 is the return) , at present yes nothing to stop people just parking in the Park and Ride car park ignoring the bus and just walking to the ground for nothing ...

Shouldn't you have paid £1.50 as it is in the same zone?

5 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

The park & ride is in zone 2, zone 1 starts before the first stop! In other words there is a stealth charge for parking! :angry:

So the only way you can get a £1.50 journey is to get on the bus at the PR.....pay......and get off again before it leaves!!

I'm sure NTTDS gets that bus !

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Wouldn't that just be the same distance to the ground anyway?

I guess so PSR. It's the parking cost that is key for me. I travel on my own so could effectively pay £4 to park (albeit you get parking free and pay for the Metrobus). They used to stop you parking at the park and ride and walking out hence all the cars that park on the grass outside of the gates.

I just thought I could (maybe) park there, catch the Metrobus, therefore you don't walk out, and pay only £4 (rather than £10 at some car parks). I sent a message to Metrobus asking them if I could do this but didn't get a reply.

6 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Could you not park there and walk in. The question is, do you pay £4 for the bus and free parking or £4 to park and free bus trip.

They used to stop you parking at the P&R and walking out of the car park on a matchday. Happy to pay £4 to park (pay for the bus but park for free - same thing really).

9 hours ago, bs3 said:

Did anyone use the new metrobus to get to the ground yesterday. 

Was it quicker and easy than the normal bus from the city centre. 

Frenchay/Downend to City Centre  MB3 (Cider Stop) 11-45am

City Centre to Ashton Gate MB2 12-30

Ashton Gate to City Centre  MB2 17-15 (Cider stop)

City Centre to Frenchay/Downend MB3 18.00

Group saver, 4 us, £1 each way (£2 per person)

Never drive again :clapping:

2 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Shouldn't you have paid £1.50 as it is in the same zone?

That's what I initially thought but there was a 'helper' at the site who said it was £2.50 single (no cash taken at machines) no problem paying that though if no one is ever at the entrance and it's not pouring with rain I might as well park and walk for nothing if there not bothered about it, probably soon as more people get wind of it they will control access / use of bus more rigouresly. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

An interesting website detailing the M2 route

A view videos embedded in the report that show the route around Ashton Gate

https://busandtrainuser.com/2018/09/04/bristols-latest-metrobus-m2-begins/

Thanks Phantom.

I didn’t realise that the metro bus won’t stop at AG on matchdays because of capacity issues. Makes sense from their pov I guess.

Archived