IGNORED

Spain away (England)

BCFC1512

15 minutes ago, North London Red said:

View from the away end...(and thankfully it has stopped raining too...that was a storm of almost biblical proportions in Seville earlier today)

006FDFA6-86D5-41F2-90B7-18AE8F604B63.jpeg

Got to love fans. Pretty sure I heard a few rounds of 'we are staying up'.

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Still a well taken goal though tbf. Going to be an interesting 30 mins now. Hope we can ride this out, will do us the world of good if we can.  

It was a great header but no England player close to him. Cracking game.

1 minute ago, Maltshoveller said:

It was the ref who showed the yellow cards not Enrique

Two great timed tackles Only ten years to late!!

Yeah but who's the raving idiot ranting at the fourth official every time a good tackle by an England player is made but when Spanish players leave the foot in on English players Southgate has a bit more class

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fair play to Barklay 

Wondered whether he’d ever fulfil potential but looks leaner and fitter than I’ve ever seen and looked quality 

Not at his level but a bit Gazza like at times

Showed some good touches and control as well as a great ball to Kane for the third, move over Henderson!

Decent game, and shows that the Nations League is going to be taken pretty seriously (and is much better viewing than the god-awful Autumn international friendlies).

We have to take performances like this into knockout games though. Can't help but feel that the reason we have got a result tonight is that our players will have found it similar, mentally and physically, to playing in a Champions League group match? 

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Agreed. Its a ******* disgrace the national team isn't free to air.

It’s just so short sighted. I’ve said this before, but it reminds me of the Ashes in 2005. Everyone was coming home from work and watching on Channel 4. Cricket had never been more popular. Then it promptly disappeared to Sky, and all that enthusiasm and opportunity to grow the game was lost.

The World Cup got my son into football this summer. If the game had been on free to air this evening, he would have watched the first half before bed. These things matter.

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Yep the contrast between these and the usual friendlies or Euro qualifiers against 4th rate teams is great. Can only improve our players.  

Been an edge to this game which has been great, you dont get that in friendly games and the endless amount of subs etc.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s just so short sighted. I’ve said this before, but it reminds me of the Ashes in 2005. Everyone was coming home from work and watching on Channel 4. Cricket had never been more popular. Then it promptly disappeared to Sky, and all that enthusiasm and opportunity to grow the game was lost.

The World Cup got my son into football this summer. If the game had been on free to air this evening, he would have watched the first half before bed. These things matter.

Agreed. We had a tv in our canteen at work. Explained the rules of cricket about 15 times that summer! Everyone was hooked.

Average viewing was 6-7m I think. On Sky its less than 2m.  Short term financial gain for long term participation pain

My son is 8 and has barely watched any cricket (or golf) on TV. By his age I would have been up to 100s of hours already

Archived