IGNORED

Spain away (England)

BCFC1512

33 minutes ago, Super said:

Southgate deserves massive credit for what he has done in a short amount of time. We have come a long way since the disaster against Iceland, I actually look forward to watching England these days.

GS does seem to moving in the right direction with England. Having pace in Rashford,Vardy and Sterling is a very useful asset and last night showed how difficult it is to defend against.Those Spanish defenders are no mugs but pace did them more than once.

I was a bit surprised that Southgate didn’t leave one of them in the centre circle when defending a corner - that’s  what Leicester did with  Vardy and it meant that the attacking team had to leave at least three defenders in their own half, sometimes four.

That said beating Spain on their own turf is a terrific result. Well done England.

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

GS does seem to moving in the right direction with England. Having pace in Rashford,Vardy and Sterling is a very useful asset and last night showed how difficult it is to defend against.Those Spanish defenders are no mugs but pace did them more than once.

I was a bit surprised that Southgate didn’t leave one of them in the centre circle when defending a corner - that’s  what Leicester did with  Vardy and it meant that the attacking team had to leave at least three defenders in their own half, sometimes four.

That said beating Spain on their own turf is a terrific result. Well done England.

Vardy has retired fromInternational football

........unusual for you to be out of touch......

I’m normally frustrated by England because they play such tentative football, almost like they are scared of losing the ball and will play it backwards.

Last night we played posturing counter attacking football, winning the ball and getting into Kane’s feet quickly and then Sterling, Rashford and Barkley running off him was great to see. There also seemed more desire from the players to close down and try to win the ball back.

51 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We've had this discussion before on here many times RR. One thing that defenders of all levels hate, (whether it's the World Cup or sunday league) are fast attackers.

Robben in the 2014 World Cup made a mockery of Spain's defence in that 5-1 match. The last goal where he gave Ramos and Alba (no slouch himself) a 15 yard head start and still managed to get there first and run it around he and Casillas and score is one of my favourite World Cup goals

15 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Would have been a red card too 

England have the Bristol City wobble going...

15 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Still moaning about Pickford not walking, I expect.

Why would it be red? They've done away with that rule, it's only supposed to be a yellow unless it's dangerous?

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Great result.

First half England were fantastic

Second half they were very lucky not to end up losing.

If GS can find a way to keep up the style they showed in the first half we may become capable of winning something. However we still very nearly threw it away by reverting to 10 men behind the ball.

In fairness it was obvious the second half would be a lot different. We got pushed back we didn't sit 10 men behind the ball.

12 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Great result.

If GS can find a way to keep up the style they showed in the first half we may become capable of winning something. However we still very nearly threw it away by reverting to 10 men behind the ball.

Here's another aspect- we were excellent first half, but 3 shots on target, 3 goals- that doesn't happen often at all. Fantastic finishing and we put the moves together well (starting with Pickford from the back) (seen the goals now) but 3 shots on target, 3 goals- very rare!

We went deeper yes- but truth is/was we were pushed deeper, was certainly a part of that.

This is simply incredible, as others have said up above, watching England is now a beautiful pleasure again and not a forgettable chore.

Gareth Southgate is turning into a fantastic England manager, could he win us a trophy?

Back to last night, bloody shame Sky had the rights to these games.

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

Great result.

Are we certain that Southgate hasn't been tapping up our very own Lee Johnson for advice ? 

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Why would it be red? They've done away with that rule, it's only supposed to be a yellow unless it's dangerous?

Not sure you're right. The only way you won't get sent off is if it's a genuine challenge for the ball. Grabbing with hands still = a red card, as i understand it. If he's about to score.

Of course, I could well have this wrong.

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not sure you're right. The only way you won't get sent off is if it's a genuine challenge for the ball. Grabbing with hands still = a red card, as i understand it.

Of course, I could well be wrong.

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Double Jeapordy rule means you don’t get a red if you’ve made the foul in a genuine attempt for the ball, it’s yellow and a pen

If you’ve made no attempt for the ball it’s red and a pen

Appy correct

10 hours ago, Super said:

In fairness it was obvious the second half would be a lot different. We got pushed back we didn't sit 10 men behind the ball.

human nature, the job was done your right what more did England have to do apart from win the game, it was always going to be a case of come on then see if you can beat us now.

7 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Cracking trip (helped by the football for a change) only really stayed in one bar in Seville thanks to the shocking rain. Which was a shame but it stopped for the game!  Roll on December for the Euro qualifying draw.

Same here; stayed in the one by the ticket collection point with Harry Maguire's family in there. Cracking atmosphere but shame we couldn't see more of the city. What a game though!

Archived