IGNORED

Ooh look!!!! Next stage of AG redevelopment now announced

RedM

Bristol Flyers basketball club has today revealed comprehensive plans for a new home as part of a £100m development to extend the footprint of Ashton Gate Stadium.

The centrepiece of the proposed development is the Ashton Gate Sports & Convention Centre - a 4000-capacity venue which will provide a permanent home for Bristol Flyers basketball team. The proposal includes additional housing, offices, a multi-storey car park along with two hotels.

Oh my giddy aunt!!!

Sags must wonder wtf is going on. If this happens which providing no dog walkers object it will be fantastic for Bristol and more funds into BS. What with the training ground getting planning approval also. 

Mind that gap which will be massive with What is becoming a sporting hub for Bristol, well with the exception of the cabbage patch kids in His field and their piece of waste ground off the M5

From the limited stuff I've seen on Twitter, it looks incredible, and while I'm not a basketball fan I think it's a great move to make the city more inclusive to sports.

One question, though. Given all the shit we've had over the past couple of years regarding the arena, if we can build a 4000 seater sporting arena, why can't we treble the size and turn it into a multi-purpose arena alongside Ashton Gate?

This way, Bristol gets its arena, Lansdown becomes the saviour of Bristol and earns some political points, and most importantly Lansdown pockets all the money from music-goers and funnels it into the football club.

18 minutes ago, RedM said:

Bristol Flyers basketball club has today revealed comprehensive plans for a new home as part of a £100m development to extend the footprint of Ashton Gate Stadium.

The centrepiece of the proposed development is the Ashton Gate Sports & Convention Centre - a 4000-capacity venue which will provide a permanent home for Bristol Flyers basketball team. The proposal includes additional housing, offices, a multi-storey car park along with two hotels.

I thought these things take time 

16 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Wow that looks amazing.  Does anybody on here watch the Bristol Flyers?

Personally, I have zero interest in basketball, but I guess it's an exciting game to watch.

I had zero interest in the nba and still don’t!! But I love watching the flyers and live basketball over at Filton. It’s a fun evening in a very friendly family atmosphere. 

3 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

From the limited stuff I've seen on Twitter, it looks incredible, and while I'm not a basketball fan I think it's a great move to make the city more inclusive to sports.

One question, though. Given all the shit we've had over the past couple of years regarding the arena, if we can build a 4000 seater sporting arena, why can't we treble the size and turn it into a multi-purpose arena alongside Ashton Gate?

This way, Bristol gets its arena, Lansdown becomes the saviour of Bristol and earns some political points, and most importantly Lansdown pockets all the money from music-goers and funnels it into the football club.

I'm guessing size of the land available, more the width of the building than anything.

20 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

If that happens they have a new season card holder waiting to buy

There is no ‘if’, it IS happening. We don’t get fed false promises. If SL says it is being built it will be open before we know it.

Have to say this is really impressive. Something we've all talked about for a while and just looking at the few pictures we do have you cant help but feel excited. If this all does come off, I cant think of another sporting city in the country that will have what we have. There's just one more box that needs ticking to make this even more perfect and that's us in the premier league. 

Archived