IGNORED

Ooh look!!!! Next stage of AG redevelopment now announced

RedM

2 minutes ago, Negan said:

Have to say this is really impressive. Something we've all talked about for a while and just looking at the few pictures we do have you cant help but feel excited. If this all does come off, I cant think of another sporting city in the country that will have what we have. There's just one more box that needs ticking to make this even more perfect and that's us in the premier league. 

And a new Atyeo stand ! ?

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Before we carried away with this new development, we might need to scale back expectations locally.

Especially as Rovers are up there with Spurs in terms of improvements. Not sure how Bristol Sport can compete with the fewers.

As soon as I saw the news I was thinking it should finish a few of them off

8 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

From the limited stuff I've seen on Twitter, it looks incredible, and while I'm not a basketball fan I think it's a great move to make the city more inclusive to sports.

One question, though. Given all the shit we've had over the past couple of years regarding the arena, if we can build a 4000 seater sporting arena, why can't we treble the size and turn it into a multi-purpose arena alongside Ashton Gate?

This way, Bristol gets its arena, Lansdown becomes the saviour of Bristol and earns some political points, and most importantly Lansdown pockets all the money from music-goers and funnels it into the football club.

I’d be very surprised if this wasn’t up SL’s sleeve as leverage that might be needed on any deal. 

One aspect that should be applauded is how the stadium revamp was done pretty much on time. I know we're a world away from Spurs, but at least we were able to commit to a vision and carry it out. If Lansdown thinks this will take three years to complete, I trust it'll happen.

With all this being said, if we don't get promoted within the next three years we'll have some ridiculously impressive facilities for a second-tier team.

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Before we carried away with this new development, we might need to scale back expectations locally.

Especially as Rovers are up there with Spurs in terms of improvements. Not sure how Bristol Sport can compete with the fewers.

It’s a very good point..!

04ABF8A3-E4CD-410C-ABC6-6A1984CFE018.png

D6DAEB13-C0AF-430C-BBC3-3927EF9ADC24.jpeg

C8A27526-B302-4B4E-9172-70D822D22B88.jpeg

I’ve read the brochure they’ve produced expalining it all. Despite how annoying it is that someone swallowed a thesaurus while writing it, the plan itself is very ambitious and impressive. As an exiled London fan who treks back every week, a hotel and train station would be welcome additions that weren't immediately obvious.

The other bit of news tucked away in there that I hadn’t seen elsewhere was that the new stadium has increased hospitality revenues twelvefold. Before the rebuild £250k per year was made from hospitality, now it is a cool £3million. That’s a lot of extra money!

I am going to say it...I bloody love Bristol sport...the concept what they are trying to do with this city finally dragging it into a true sporting region. 

Someone pointed out the arena could be used for boxing great idea.

i know some will still feel strongly against BS for whatever reason...stadium experience/ rugby...making Adam baker redundant and bringing in someone more qualified whatever it is but this really does look impressive and if Steve and Jon can pull this off it will be incredible given how Marvin is doing his best to totally **** up the proposed arena.

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I am going to say it...I bloody love Bristol sport...the concept what they are trying to do with this city finally dragging it into a true sporting region. 

Someone pointed out the arena could be used for boxing great idea.

i know some will still feel strongly against BS for whatever reason...stadium experience/ rugby...making Adam baker redundant and bringing in someone more qualified whatever it is but this really does look impressive and if Steve and Jon can pull this off it will be incredible given how Marvin is doing his best to totally **** up the proposed arena.

Steady on we already have Whitchurch Sports Centre...……...

Archived