IGNORED

Ooh look!!!! Next stage of AG redevelopment now announced

RedM

17 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

I totally take that on board 

And i didn't start going until the 90's so can't comment further back than that and appreciate that things were a lot different then. I just don't don't understand the whole 'losing our identity' thing as we are still 'Bristol City' still play at Ashton Gate and still not in the Prem.... ?

All good - I hope its not too long before you experience the joys of seeing City in the top tier (though I'm certain it'll be different next time round).

56 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The United Center in Chicago houses the Chicago Bulls and The Blackhawks Ice Hockey. 

Not public skating if that’s what you are thinking. 

Thinking more along the lines of it would be nice to have a local ice hockey team to watch, the Bristol team play their home games in Oxford and the next closest team is Guildford

9 minutes ago, Andrews1522 said:

Thinking more along the lines of it would be nice to have a local ice hockey team to watch, the Bristol team play their home games in Oxford and the next closest team is Guildford

Always liked watching Ice Hockey; be marvellous if Bristol I H could be part of BS in the future.

As for that tunnel discussion; careful landscaping would mitigate the worst.

Looks first class in every respect. Looking at the pictures I sincerely hope our badge faces winterstoke road. Full respect to the flyers and their stadium but to have our badge proudly facing the busy road would be a good touch. Looking at the flyers and ‘bears’ badge, I can see our badge changing soon. All positive in my opinion. Come on city tonight; let’s end what’s been a good day already for us all- On route! 

16 minutes ago, Andrews1522 said:

Aren’t there plans for a ice rink at Cribbs? 

2 hours ago, STeveOELlis said:

It’s not an insult it’s a fact

Some more facts as regards "identity" would be:

City owned by Bristolian, local bods on the board, local kiddies coming through the academy into the first team, playing at their home of more than 100 years, singing distinct songs "unique" to us; Rovers owned by an overseas family/gentleman, some bloke from Swansea on the board and playing - currently; they have thrilled their thousands at a number of "homes" over the years - at the historic home of Bristol rugby, while singing an old Plymouth Argyle supporters' song.

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Some more facts as regards "identity" would be:

City owned by Bristolian, local bods on the board, local kiddies coming through the academy into the first team, playing at their home of more than 100 years, singing distinct songs "unique" to us; Rovers owned by an overseas family/gentleman, some bloke from Swansea on the board and playing - currently; they have thrilled their thousands at a number of "homes" over the years - at the historic home of Bristol rugby, while singing an old Plymouth Argyle supporters' song.

To also add.

An ex player as our manager, an ex player as one of our assistant managers- plus Murray and Tinnion in their roles at the club!

I know that's fairly modern history, but still...

1 hour ago, Southstandoriginal said:

The brochure that can be downloaded from the Flyers site states that: "the coffee shop and club store have been a success and need to be expanded".  So hopefully these things will happen.

I think current coffee shop and club shop were always a temporary thing as they knew this 2nd Phase was going to happen

Today's news is great for the City of Bristol, for the Ashton Gate development, for us as a club, for the flyers and for local people who get lots of new bars, restaurants and facilities.

It must be extremely embarrassing for Marv and the Council who have achieved less in the last 50 years regards stadia than what Lansdown has in 10. If their egos could allow it, I say he should be given the reins to oversee the Bristol Arena project.

As for the Gas, their forum reeks of bitter jealously today. Especially the 1 poster who alleges that their 'ground' (for want of a better word) and their 7k fanbase with severe lack of investment and facilities is better than all we've got going on at present. But if they want to stay watching League 1 football with only 1 supporters bar and temporary tents for stands, they can carry on. 

3 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Today's news is great for the City of Bristol, for the Ashton Gate development, for us as a club, for the flyers and for local people who get lots of new bars, restaurants and facilities.

It must be extremely embarrassing for Marv and the Council who have achieved less in the last 50 years regards stadia than what Lansdown has in 10. If their egos could allow it, I say he should be given the reins to oversee the Bristol Arena project.

As for the Gas, their forum reeks of bitter jealously today. Especially the 1 poster who alleges that their 'ground' (for want of a better word) and their 7k fanbase with severe lack of investment and facilities is better than all we've got going on at present. But if they want to stay watching League 1 football with only 1 supporters bar and temporary tents for stands, they can carry on. 

Marv and the council aren't billionaires, have much more than arenas to spend the ever decreasing income on. I guess if SL had housing and transport and refuse and health and etc etc etc to deal with he may not have prioritised bars, restaurants and other such items.

6 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Marv and the council aren't billionaires, have much more than arenas to spend the ever decreasing income on. I guess if SL had housing and transport and refuse and health and etc etc etc to deal with he may not have prioritised bars, restaurants and other such items.

I’m Marv’s biggest critic but your very right . 

3 hours ago, STeveOELlis said:

It’s not an insult it’s a fact

Thought I’d re-post my list again, to see if I can help you out with a few more facts:-

Still called Ashton Gate.

Still wear red.

Still called Bristol City FC.

Still got the same crest which still says Bristol City.

Still got red seats, despite having recently had he opportunity to change that.

Still got a programme called "Well Red"

Still got the robin mascot.

Still got a stand called Atyeo.

Still got a stand called Dolman.

Still have BCFC.co.uk

Now also have "Marina Dolman Way".

Now also have an Atyeo statue.

Now also have a concourse emblazoned with banners and various nods to our history and greatest players.

Now also have an away kit featuring the traditional Robin badge.

Absolutely no suggestion of changing any of the above.

43 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned on the previous 6 pages,but if they can have a giant badge on their arena,where’s our giant badge .........

That has been an open and unanswered question since the redevelopment was completed. 

I notice on one of those arena renderings there are BC and BR logos above the Bar & Grill and interestingly in the same spot the TV is which still looks incongruous 2 years in with no pictorial side panels of any kind.

These are not small things. Its like buying a car with no door handles.

I think I saw a big city club badge next to a large Bristol Bears badge on the outside of the  South stand on one of the artist’s impressions.

Hopefully this will be sorted soon as there is little to show anyone from afar that  this beautiful structure is our home

9 minutes ago, REDTURK said:

I think I saw a big city club badge next to a large Bristol Bears badge on the outside of the  South stand on one of the artist’s impressions.

Hopefully this will be sorted soon as there is little to show anyone from afar that  this beautiful structure is our home

That was on the big screen. In place of the large Flyers badge, it should be all 3 badges, City in the middle of course. 

Archived