IGNORED

Ooh look!!!! Next stage of AG redevelopment now announced

RedM

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I very much doubt the basketball ever will make money for the football. A conference centre with basketball every second weekend is fine but that's it.

That’s not the rationale, the finances of each are completely separate.  Bristol Sport provides the economies of scale of centralised support to keep the individual costs down.  Football doesn’t fund basketball, nor vice-versa.  As per SL’s interview, both need to be self sustainable in their own right.

The Flyers will not achieve that on 750 sell-out crowds, hence the move to BS3.

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

A 4,000 capacity is hardly gonna start bringing Matchroom boxing shows or the top music artists to Bristol 

There is plenty of room for our arena and another 

Sadly we live in a City ran by a load of morons....who would rather invest the money in arty farty shit around the City Centre...instead of trying to bring this City up to speed with Cardiff, Manchester, Birmingham etc 

So who do you think are 'top music artists'?

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

So, plans are afoot to build houses and flats, both by Ashton Gate and on Ashton Vale.

This could possible result in City/Bears/Flyers street name.

So go on then, give us your street name suggestions!

I'll kick off with....

Cashley Close.

Lemi Lane for the rugby connection

6 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

How long will it take for the people in those luxury apartments to complain about the noise etc. Also it could halt any future developments around that area. I do feel this is a mistake being made unless they're all city fans ofcourse.

image.png.3cd76dc15c92f4200145f56b4b66582e.png

surely you wouldn't buy an apartment next to a football and basketball stadium then complain about noise, can't imagine they would get much sympathy.

14 minutes ago, pillred said:

surely you wouldn't buy an apartment next to a football and basketball stadium then complain about noise, can't imagine they would get much sympathy.

People bought newly built flat next to the Fleece and won their complaints about noise. This IS Bristol mind.

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

So, plans are afoot to build houses and flats, both by Ashton Gate and on Ashton Vale.

This could possible result in City/Bears/Flyers street name.

So go on then, give us your street name suggestions!

I'll kick off with....

Cashley Close.

I win, you're slipping people.

Colin Daniel close.

Image result for tip hat gif

7 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

How long will it take for the people in those luxury apartments to complain about the noise etc. Also it could halt any future developments around that area. I do feel this is a mistake being made unless they're all city fans ofcourse.

image.png.3cd76dc15c92f4200145f56b4b66582e.png

Street level you won't even see our home from anywhere in Ashton area. Just the flats / hotel and a huge arena with the Flyers badge blazened over it.

On 18/09/2018 at 13:40, Nibor said:

That's true but as the commercial entity that owns the whole lot (pula) grows it becomes attractive to people who have no interest in sport but plenty of interest in real estate. I think it is worth protecting. 

Agreed.

Cast your mind back to a time when a media man bought a crane manufacturer in Bath, stripped it of assets then plundered the pension fund of millions. 

Then the ducker jumped off his yacht and drowned. Who’d have thought it......

I’m not excited about any of this. It’ll turn the place into a soul less looky likey precinct. 

Like Reading or that place owned by the steam train loving Waterman..... Ok if you want something to eat and drink and wander round Ikea. But for football.....

And as for a music venue? Best days of my life were spent in the Granary watching Colonel Kilgore’s and jumping off the balcony. Can’t see the enjoyment in seeing stadium bands in stadiums on big stadium screens but each to their own.

I’d rather see the investment in BCFC. Perhaps a bit spent on replacing Hunt after Tuesday nights debacle.

I’m in the minority. And ready to be slaughtered ?

7 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I win, you're slipping people.

Colin Daniel close.

Image result for tip hat gif

But he wasn't close and that's why he is the only footballer that makes me laugh out loud every time I think about him. Which is quite often. He should probably worry.

18 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

and we all know this was just a sweetner to the council to get the permission to develop it. Lansdown will get some money back from the sale of the apartments. I'd rather he spent the money on the train station across the road with an underground walkway.

There will be 10% social housing in there so Marvin can claim credit without spending ratepayers money on anything useful.

On 18/09/2018 at 11:14, Bristol Rob said:

Didn't the ice hockey league go bust? Similar to the way the badminton league folded.

On 18/09/2018 at 17:49, RedSkin said:

This you are getting confused with the Origami league. :laughcont:

Probably confusing it with The Clockwork Toys league, but it had to be wound up.

15 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

People bought newly built flat next to the Fleece and won their complaints about noise. This IS Bristol mind.

Planning rules have changed now, it’s up to the people building property near places like music venues or pubs to make them sound proofed etc, unfortunately rules came in too late for the Fleece

16 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Planning rules have changed now, it’s up to the people building property near places like music venues or pubs to make them sound proofed etc, unfortunately rules came in too late for the Fleece

The rules shouldn't count towards The Fleece then? Anyone who buys a property next to, or close to anywhere that has already been built shouldn't have any say about the noise imo. Surely they all have a license that states what time music/sport/any noise etc should finish.

32 minutes ago, wood_red said:

The rules shouldn't count towards The Fleece then? Anyone who buys a property next to, or close to anywhere that has already been built shouldn't have any say about the noise imo. Surely they all have a license that states what time music/sport/any noise etc should finish.

TLC is correct wood red but the rules changed after the flats were built next to the Fleece.

While I agree it's common sense to expect noise if you buy a place next to an established music venue, the idiots that brought a noise abatement case against the Fleece actually won so the venue has to shut earlier than previously most days of the week. Scandalous, I know. If they were built now, it would be the developer that would have to notify potential purchasers of the issue and sound proof the building accordingly.

On 18/09/2018 at 17:12, ChippenhamRed said:

Thought I’d re-post my list again, to see if I can help you out with a few more facts:-

Still called Ashton Gate.

Still wear red.

Still called Bristol City FC.

Still got the same crest which still says Bristol City.

Still got red seats, despite having recently had he opportunity to change that.

Still got a programme called "Well Red"

Still got the robin mascot.

Still got a stand called Atyeo.

Still got a stand called Dolman.

Still have BCFC.co.uk

Now also have "Marina Dolman Way".

Now also have an Atyeo statue.

Now also have a concourse emblazoned with banners and various nods to our history and greatest players.

Now also have an away kit featuring the traditional Robin badge.

Absolutely no suggestion of changing any of the above.

Pretty sure our club’s Twitter account is entitled “@BristolCity” too....

Archived