IGNORED

WBA v Bristol City Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

Well, we have Tuesday night footie again when the mighty reds will take on a fairly decent WBA team not too far up the M5 with the chance of hitting the top of the table following a run of 4 wins on the bounce.  Not too often have we been able to say that. 1615 away tickets havecurrently been sold, so we are sure of a decent following.

Team selection will be interesting.  Do we play Matty or Fam up front, do we play 5 at the back or 5 in yhe middle or opt for a 442?  With 3 games in 6 days, do we need a bit of rotation?

Whilst we sit one point off the top, Albion are 3 points behind on 11 and will be looking to get into the top 6 themselves. Wes Hoolahan amd James Morrison are facing late fitness tests and may start.  LJ is keeping fairly quiet about any knocks that may be affecting us.

Match kicks off at 8pm at The Hawthorns and can be watched on BCTV or the Sky red button.  Commentary as usual on Radio Brizzle.

COYR

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Well, we have Tuesday night footie again when the mighty reds will take on a fairly decent WBA team not too far up the M5 with the chance of hitting the top of the table following a run of 4 wins on the bounce.  Not too often have we been able to say that.

Team selection will be interesting.  Do we play Matty or Fam up front, do we play 5 at the back or 5 in yhe middle or opt for a 442?  With 3 games in 6 days, do we need a bit of rotation?

Whilst we sit one point off the top, Albion are 3 points behind on 11 and will be looking to get into the top 6 themselves. Wes Hoolahan amd James Morrison are facing late fitness tests and may start.  LJ is keeping fairly quiet about any knocks that may be affecting us.

Match kicks off at 7.45 at The Hawthorns and can be watched on BCTV or the Sky red button.  Commentary as usual on Radio Brizzle.

COYR

8pm kick off

score draw for me tonight 

The Baggies are very good in attack and very slow at the back .

We need pace , movement and agression to get in behind them .

I fancy Weiman and Taylor can create havoc in their box .

We should have a good chance of a result there. West Brom haven't clicked yet so let's make sure they don't tonight.

Our boys need  to be alert to rapid counters but I would favour getting at them from the off .

1-2 

weiman

Pato .

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The Baggies are very good in attack and very slow at the back .

We need pace , movement and agression to get in behind them .

I fancy Weiman and Taylor can create havoc in their box .

We should have a good chance of a result there. West Brom haven't clicked yet so let's make sure they don't tonight.

Our boys need  to be alert to rapid counters but I would favour getting at them from the off .

1-2 

weiman

Pato .

Can Famara counter? 

13 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Can Famara counter? 

Agree- I have doubts about this, and IMO whether he presses as well as Taylor or Weimann- don't just mean in terms of workrate but in terms of the key areas.

Putting him on in the last 20 if the game is close and the WBA defence is tiring maybe an excellent move though, but it doesn't strike me as a night for Diedhiou from the off.

reckon we'll line up as we started on Saturday to combat WBA in the same way we did with Sheffield United as these two opponents appear to adopt similar formations. Matt Phillips looks like the one to stop down the right, so having both Kelly and Dasilva marshalling that area of the pitch will suit us well and hopefully nullify his threat. No need to change things up unless there's obvious fatigue with any player. 

54 minutes ago, georgebcfc said:

Does anyone know of any central ish pubs in Bristol that have somehow been persuaded to put this on the red button instead of / as well as Liverpool later? Apologies if covered elsewhere

I own the Wellington at Rooksbridge, on the a38 by brent knoll. I have sky and bt sports and I had someone ring up to ask if I was showing the Liverpool game, I just laughed.

47 minutes ago, grubby said:

I own the Wellington at Rooksbridge, on the a38 by brent knoll. I have sky and bt sports and I had someone ring up to ask if I was showing the Liverpool game, I just laughed.

Hope you barred them as well grubby.

My heart is telling me that we are due a result there and that WBA have weaknesses we can exploit.

My head is telling me our winning run will come to an end with a defeat. We don't seem to have a good record in the Midlands.

Hopefully we'll put on a good performance whatever the result.

Archived