IGNORED

WBA v Bristol City Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

I agree with the commentator we have been the better side for long periods of this match the difference is premiership quality players like Gayle, Barry etc you make a mistake against ex premiership teams and they will punish you and they have  

We've not played badly and there certainly is no drain in confidence. City have been naive out of possession and have been punished for it. The strange thing is, this is totally opposite to Saturday's conservative, tactical approach to grind out a win. 

City should have taken one of those four glorious chances, but didn't. That's the frustrating part. What could have been.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Nail firmly on the head, Pack and Brownhill have gotten over excited by our start to the game and both have constantly been caught out by a move breaking down and being in front of the ball, leaving the centre midfield wide open for a counter attack.

I thought that at last some form of discipline and organisation had been achieved in centre midfield, that is clearly not the case, judging by tonight.

Wonder how the second half will go with this. I haven’t been able to watch city since the QPR game so I can’t comment over the season. 

But this game looks exactly as you say as well. Need to be able to read situations with better clarity!  

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

It's a bit tiresome when you have two particular posters that are utterly silent when things are going well, but pipe up relentlessly when we lose though.

I guarantee that there will be a thread each from Londoner and Andy082005 in about 45 minutes time... Unless we manage a miraculous comeback that is.

I think you need to take a deep breath to be honest or just put them ignore.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Nail firmly on the head, Pack and Brownhill have gotten over excited by our start to the game and both have constantly been caught out by a move breaking down and being in front of the ball, leaving the centre midfield wide open for a counter attack.

I thought that at last some form of discipline and organisation had been achieved in centre midfield, that is clearly not the case, judging by tonight.

We have 2 in central midfield do we not?

Away to better sides, who don't play 2 in central midfield this can create a problem.

Happened at home to Sheff Utd in May- 4-4-2 vs their system, we had about 40% possession first half! 

Similar today, 4-4-2, albeit a different type but still it leaves us open in that midfield.

I haven't been able to watch the game as I'm tragically still at work, but just a little note for all those who say 0-3 is all because of a shit defence.

Few goals are entirely the fault of one man. Who gave the ball away further up the field? Who didn't intercept in midfield? And in a 0-3 scoreline, who didn't take their chances up the other end? we've had 5 shots on goal. Some end product would be nice.

I'll comment no more on the game. Playing to restore some pride now.

Oh, and I'd hate to be as 24/7 negative as @Londoner is. All that bile must taste horrible.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We have 2 in central midfield do we not?

Away to better sides, who don't play 2 in central midfield this can create a problem.

Happened at home to Sheff Utd in May- 4-4-2 vs their system, we had about 40% possession first half! 

Similar today, 4-4-2, albeit a different type but still it leaves us open in that midfield.

It does when both are constantly being caught out in front of the ball, something that has already happened in the first 2 minutes of the 2nd half.

One of them has to sit, it's not rocket science.

Logging off for the night, it’s a shame when the match day thread can be totally derailed by one individual to the point where the football discussion almost becomes secondary. I realise my reactions have probably contributed to that - apologies.

I would ask the mods to look at this thread and ask themselves if the individual really ought to be allowed to continue in this manner. It doesn’t make for good quality debate.

Night all.

Archived