IGNORED

3 Games in 6 days?

New Dazzler

Maths is not my strongest point but so many posts seem to state this (incorrect) fact.  I am sure that LJ and some of the pundits have also stated this.  Surely we have Sheff U, WBA and Wigan in a 7 day period.  Unless I am totally wrong in thinking that Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues/Weds/Thurs/Fri represents  7 days.  And presumably it is the same for Wigan so, whilst I fully appreciate that rotation/player management comes into a sharper focus as we play on Friday night, instead of  a few hours later on a Saturday afternoon, there is no great disadvantage to us because of this?

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 01:15, New Dazzler said:

Maths is not my strongest point but so many posts seem to state this (incorrect) fact.  I am sure that LJ and some of the pundits have also stated this.  Surely we have Sheff U, WBA and Wigan in a 7 day period.  Unless I am totally wrong in thinking that Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues/Weds/Thurs/Fri represents  7 days.  And presumably it is the same for Wigan so, whilst I fully appreciate that rotation/player management comes into a sharper focus as we play on Friday night, instead of  a few hours later on a Saturday afternoon, there is no great disadvantage to us because of this?

Sorry to reply to my own post, but the commentators, pundits and virtually every interview referred to 3 games in 6 days tonight!! Am I actually wrong in saying that we have played 3 games in 7 days?  Please explain how it could ever be calculated as 3 in 6..:grr:

1 minute ago, New Dazzler said:

Sorry to reply to my own post, but the commentators, pundits and virtually every interview referred to 3 games in 6 days tonight!! Am I actually wrong in saying that we have played 3 games in 7 days?  Please explain how it could ever be calculated as 3 in 6..:grr:

It’s 3 games in 6 days, 3 hours and 45 minutes.

15:00 Saturday to 19:45 Friday.  

Its includes 7 days on a calendar, but Elaine’s time its my first sentence.

At the end of the day, Wigan has exactly the same!

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s 3 games in 6 days, 3 hours and 45 minutes.

15:00 Saturday to 19:45 Friday.  

Its includes 7 days on a calendar, but Elaine’s time its my first sentence.

At the end of the day, Wigan has exactly the same!

But they had consecutive home matches, we were away last two...big difference in recovery. 

7 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Tough schedule and both sides must have been suffering from fatigue. But only one team looked like they wanted to be out there playing tonight, the other looked like they'd prefer to be out on the lash.

Ahh well it breathes new oxygen into the lungs of the likes of the out brigade. Amazed at the amount of newish poster on the match day thread to-night. :whistle: 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I think you can forget home advantage when you are playing at Wigan and travel and conditioning at this point in the season will have the slightest affect 

It is such a soulless place, no atmosphere, we never seem to do well at these sort of venues, but I am pretty sure those schedule of matches impacted on the performance tonight, of course LJ would not / could not say that, but it must have. 

5 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

It is such a soulless place, no atmosphere, we never seem to do well at these sort of venues, but I am pretty sure those schedule of matches impacted on the performance tonight, of course LJ would not / could not say that, but it must have. 

shouldn't this favour the away side?

9 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Tough schedule and both sides must have been suffering from fatigue. But only one team looked like they wanted to be out there playing tonight, the other looked like they'd prefer to be out on the lash.

Fatigue? You really must be joking. Footballers today are pampered yet supremely fit athletes. What have they done since losing at WBA on Tuesday?

An hour's coach journey to Manchester area Tuesday evening.

Wednesday a couple of hours training/debriefing/tactics for Wigan. Went to Man City match.

Thursday. Same as Wednesday except no Man City match.

Friday. Light training. Resting all afternoon. Match v Wigan.

No wonder we didn't perform. They must have been totally worn out.

22 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Fatigue? You really must be joking. Footballers today are pampered yet supremely fit athletes. What have they done since losing at WBA on Tuesday?

Wednesday a couple of hours training/debriefing/tactics for Wigan. Went to Man City match.

I'm not joking no. Seems like you've never played football. I wasn't using it as an excuse for our performance anyway.

s

10 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Sounded like an atmosphere on the tv, could hear Wigan fans all game ( I realise they place microphones in clever places)

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Muscle soreness from Tuesday would have started to kick in Wednesday maybe into Thursday so light training and intense recovery efforts id imagine.

doesnt matter what your level of fitness or ability, playing at 100% of what you’ve got is still 100% and will take its toll, and then that’s assuming that all you’ve done is run. Doesn’t account for the twists, turns, kicks, knocks etc you pick up and then factor in that very rarely is every player on the pitch ever at 100% throughout the course of a season.

im not using it as an excuse as Wigan will have the same issues but always bugs me seeing the “they’re too athletes they don’t get tired” posts

Archived